October SCRAPLIFT challenge (2021)

Cassel

Scraplift.jpg

Learning scrapbooking is often done with practice, looking around for inspiration and trying to recreate projects we admire.

This challenge will give you an opportunity to personalize a project while trying to "copy" another one. Of course, you will change the title, the text, and the photos, but you will want to try to replicate the arrangements and some of the effects you see. It is a challenge but in the end, you will learn more about scrapbooking and your PaintShop Pro.

Here is the layout you will want to "scraplift".

gabriel-je-pars-en-voyage.jpg

And if you want more information on "scraplifting", check out this article.

While I was creating this page, Zion Train by Bob Marley and the Wailers was playing on the radio.   I chose  a few lines of the lyrics to use in this page.   Carole's special font used on the edge of the blue paper,  side  border is a lace brush.  Carole's gold chain picture tube. My own  tag and photos.  The dogwood photo is a macro shot.  The berries and swash are a  font.

This evening's little  project. For this page, I replaced the  three tags with  some  word art, and a macro photo of a snowflake.  Instead of a round paper, I opted for, and created  a scalloped rectangle paper. I created the word art. The background paper is a photo  using many effects, one being radial blur.  The  2 snowflakes  is a font.

Here's my Scraplift: Introducing my new tropical fish-Blue Demon. The background is a gradient called White Sand, the greenery is from my two beach kits, the photo is mine, the snail is from a search on Google and the fishbowl is from Pixabay.

Edit: Oh, forgot to detail the fonts, which are interesting. The headline is a font called Horror Story and the font on the journal strips is Hello Butterfly Sans. I replaced the snail clipart with an actual photo of a Nerite "Zebra" Snail, similar to Roomba who has light stripes on a dark background. They actually measure about the size of a US dime.

I left my calendars for a while to make this for the scraplift because I like that challenge. I went for an autumn related page and instead of a round mat under the photo I took a photo of an oakleaf and extracted the leaf. The colors of that leaf dictated the colorscheme. On the photo of the mushrooms growing inside a tree I used a mask to focus the attention on the mushrooms. Made the tags . The background is a photo of leaves too with a couple of blend modes and papers underneath. Don't ask me with blend modes it made in the end, I forgot to write that down. You cann't see it in this resized version, but there is a texture as well. To the right is a strip with a blinds texture and a lace edge font from Carole. Text font is Melinda script. And now it's back to my calendars again.

Yesterday it was beautiful autumn weather and I couldn't resist taking pictures during the walk in the park with our dog Poncho.

I immediately knew I could use this for the scraplift

I used a scrapset that I downloaded from pixel scrapper blog train. the scrap set is designed by Magnolia.

My layout again because Sue T suggested that it ould look better if I put the 2nd part of the text at th bottom and not overlapping the green border. By trying that I must say: I agree and so it is here and by doing so I saw that the kerning wasn't right and I adjusted it also. Now I'm happy with this page!

Although this page isn't  technically an October scraplift page, I thought I'd post it here, to enable me to reply to  comments.  Also, I have to thank  Corrie for posting  her scraplift page that  included mushrooms, which prompted me to create my own Lichen and mushroom page this evening.  This is my last page for  October 2021.   Thank you Carole for  the  diamond slats template.  I had just the photo to use. A long branch embraced by several species of lichen, I created three identical sized  framed photo templates, for  the photos. The ink splatter is  filled with  a photo of lichen from a photo. ( 2 Ink splatter brushes, colour grey, using the magic wand copy and paste selected area into the selected splatter).  I used 2 mushrooms as an overlay for the background paper,  texture.  Created the mushrooms myself, once I created the vector template,  flood filled with  chosen colours,  grunge brush on a new layer  for an effect. The feathered shadowing gives  a 3D effect.  The intention was to create realistic mushroom elements.  Lichen and mushrooms  always reminds me  coral.

Corrie,  thank you for  heeding my suggestion. I too,  prefer the amended version.  When I make suggestions I realize that we all have different styles, likes and dislikes.  Although they are my own personal opinion, I feel it  helps us to look at our work differently.  I like to think that everyone  else would do the same  to my work.  We are always learning, and evolving when it come to being creative.

Marie-Claire, what a  beautiful autumnal page you have created.  Autumnal colours are truly Mother Nature's  vibrant earth colours.

I'm in to mills at the moment, well not really, but I love this picture because of the bright colour it's nice to work with.. :)

So I tried scraplifting too :D

Cluster is from pixelscrapper, just as the tags. the doily I don't remember where I got it from.