October QUOTE Challenge - Fear

Cassel

Quote-Challenge.jpg

The QUOTE challenge will let you use one of the many quotes available using a particular theme or word.  With a keyword in mind, you can search online for various ideas of quotes, long or short, serious or funny. And then, using one quote of your choice, use it either as a title or within your scrapbook project.

Are you up to the challenge?

Since October is often around Halloween (whether you celebrate it or not, you can't really avoid it!), let's find and use quotes with the word FEAR. It could be about something that IS scary, but it could also be a motivational quote saying "don't fear".

What will you do?

I hope this  page fits the bill!  I don't think anyone else here will submit such a page.  I'm pretty sure, that only  I  would come up with such a page.  :-)  I have a passion for insects,  all insects! To me each and every one are  incredible, beautiful creatures.  I chose insects that  may not appeal to  some.  I had a hard time finding suitable  quotes, the  two I found, I had to make some changes.  I weaved the bottom of the letter L in love through the letter e of the word are. lifted photo corners above their frames.

When I was younger and lived in Maine year round, skiing was a way of life.  I always marveled at people who seemed to be made of jelly -or some form of fluid rubber- easily mastering moves the norm wouldn't attempt.  You did not see fear in them.  I know for a fact they took their share of falls before conquering some of their complicated moves.  I still to this day enjoy watching some of the real daring and even hot dog moves of the pros.  These photos came from unsplash.com and were contributed by Vidar Nordli Mathison, Todd Trapani and Matthiew Petiard.  I sort of miss those days, but kind of like the hot sun of Florida now.

Following through on Sue's bug challenge; here's my spider design. I thought it was appropriate for Halloween time. I even used some Halloween clipart with the cartoon spider and the webs.

Edit: Forgot some details. The design is a template: Corel's Freebie Honeycomb. The fonts used are: Clockwise from top left: Birdy, Bodoni, Curlz and Eras. [Thanks for the suggestion, Michele, I used the Image Information to record my fonts.]

Some years ago I sailed in a hotair balloon and many of my friends asked if I had been afraid? So I thought that this could count for the Fear Challenge, something else as spiders and creepy crawlies althought they are beautiful in their own right. I have a lot of photos of this adventure and there certainly will be another challenge where I can i use more of those photos. For now I extracted the balloon and I'm somewhere in the basket underneath! For sometime I have a template from Digital Scrapbook (Pixelscrapper) in my stash and I used that as a startingpoint, but in the end I only kept the word adventure which I gave a bit of a texture and an inner bevel. The idea of a paintsplash I also kept. The quote is from the internet and the background is made from 2 photos with a lower opacity.

Corrie, I love this! A hot air balloon ride is on my bucket list...

Ann, I love the spider page...you put it together so well.

Minka, love your ski layout. I have been snow skiing once...we don't get a lot of good skiing snow in Virginia or South Carolina...I grew up in SC and was 14 the first time I saw snow.

Sue, beautiful page. I have not been real successful photographing insects but I also haven't spent much time trying.  Thank you for sharing all you nature knowledge!

I found the quote on the internet,  the dark part of the page is a paper from Creative Fabrica that I turned at an angle in the corner.  The background paper is a photo I took, the other other items are also my photos (except the ones with me in them)

Great job, Anne L ...  I think all of those things you pictured not only take getting over your fears ... but it could also be said they are things to take much pride, satisfaction and pleasure in as well!  Every one of them.  Nice quote - thought provoking.