What are you working on (in October 2021)?

Cassel

Bonnie, I will do that. Picklball is an interesting name, I presume no "pickles" are harmed (maybe eaten) during this game.  haha.

Here is a very basic page.  I am still figuring out how to do stuff in PSP and thought I should do something with the tutorial on triangles.  here's a apt page for this time of year.  I think the paint part isn't right, as it wouldn't sit on top of a paper (that's the one I made) like that in real life.  It should be like it's sinking into crevices of the triangle paper.

The font is called Midnight Minutes from Creative Fabrica; overlay, border and papers from DigitalScrapbook.  I think I will go back and add some more elements,  I ran out of time. I used the centering trick (for the orange and black papers around the picture) from the "Tips and Tricks for Paintshop Pro" book.

You are correct, Susan about the paint. One "issue" is also that you added some bevel to it (or a shadow?) but if you look at the top left part, the lower opacity there would be something that would work all over the paint, so give this a try: lower the opacity as a simple tweak.

Susan, the history of pickleball is interesting and somewhat uncertain. There are two stories of how it was named. The one I like best and really think is what happened is: pickleball was named after a dog, Pickles. The story is he kept stealing the ball during the game.

While pickles are not harmed during the game, they are often used for trophies...and you can imagine what happens once they become part of someone's food pantry. I especially enjoy dill pickles and bread & butter pickles.

Well this is me working at my turtle pace, I think that I just finished my bootcamp project 4. I just wanted to make this one super special for my big sister, she has always been there for me and I just want her to know how much I love and appreciate her! She got me interested in scrapbooking.

Thank you Carole, I will try that (lowering the opacity on the paint splotch).  Yes, I used a bevel and I shadow I think, was just trying it to see what it would look like.  I did lower the opacity on the black border.  Not sure why I didnt on the paint.  it's still a work in progress, looking at it more, the title is too high, as is the picture.

Brenda, that's a nice tribute.  I am a snail as well, pages take me a loooong time.  I think only practice will help me to get better and faster.

Bonnie, I love that story.  And I never met a pickle I didnt like.

I managed to tie fashion and horror together thanks to an amazing illustrator, Guillermo Meraz who did a serial killer collection. I tried to make it look like they were on shelves. Don't know if I was successful at that, but I do like the results. As always I had a deadline and now I see some things I would have done differently, but don't we always feel that way?  The font is Zombies from Font Bundles.

I created the word art some time ago. I'll find a use for it one of these days. I don't like jet black text on a white background, I find it a bit stark. I prefer a softer look. I put it on a white background, and framed it to post it, for you to see. I have the psp file saved, to edit it for a future project.

I really should pop into this section of the forum  more often, what a wonderful selection of  pages created. Each one ever so inspiring.  I would hate to  hazard a guess  on how many techniques, and clicks of the mouse/keyboard were done.

Michele, a sterling job on the horror page.  You achieved the shelving effect, just right.

Colin, you did an excellent job on the  pumpkin, the lighting looks realistic.  I agree, in order to achieve that effect,  you had to  go through many techniques, and steps, but you  nailed it!

Using Carole's House Theme Template I created Ann's Abodes. I had photos of all but one of my homes throughout the years, so I attached a floating puzzle balloon for the missing piece. I will also post it separately so you can read the copy. The gradient I created from the colors of my new Galaxy Koi Betta are used for the background, named Blue Demon for my new, colorful guy. The title font is Berlin Kitchen and all the rest is Copperplate Gothic. I really didn't have a photo for the house I was in from 1977-1997 so I used a generic sketch of a raised ranch. I applied various textures to the house outline and filled the "attic" with a pattern.

I used one of the cards I downloaded from Creative Fabrica in this download. "Premade-Autumn-Watercolor-Cards-DIY-16991241"  They are all pretty, but I chose this one to create my quote on.  The quote was from a page a day calendar a few years ago.  I saved that page and have it hanging on the side of my P C where I see it everyday.

It took me hours, but it's finished.

I've used the the torn image lesson ( the torn is a bit to white I think), polkadots lesson, and scripts from Carole (one of the Wordframe ones, paper flower)

I hope the shadows are ok ;)

The mill is on a route we like to ride on our bike. One day one of the blades of the mill has been broken off. It takes a lot of money to get it repaired, so a crowdfunding is being held.

Brenda, glad to see that you kept up with the Bootcamp. Looking at your layout, it looks like your elements are floating because the shadows are very wide. Try setting them up smaller so that the papers will be flat on your page, instead of floating away. :)

Desk calendars.   I create them for family and friends, usually with an appropriate quote.  They are then sent via email.

I use Carole's custom calendar script, them modify them, to suit the  layout.  This one was created for a  fellow bird watcher friend.  He prints them, to be displayed  on his desk in his office.  I like to keep them simple.