What are you working on (in August 2021)?

Cassel

Here is the frame.  It is one I did in  May 2020.  I see from the screen shot that it's a rectangle.  Your frame has been rotated,  but if you look in the top left corner of my image, there is a  small white glow, on your frame it's  on the top right. There are also other similarities. I have to say that  it is my frame, but I didn't  post it anywhere to be used.  This is ever so strange.  The only explanation I think of, is someone downloaded it and extracted the frame to use it.

Here are 2 cards I made today when I was in great and unexpected need for cards and didn't have the time to make them from scratch.  Yesterday I had downloaded a freebie from Creative Fabrica just in case, not knowing that this case would come so soon. I used 2 photos with a mask I had done before, the left one is the bouquet I used in the Color Song Challenge earlier this week with that dark background and this card has a very different feel to it. So it shows  that sometimes a quickie can look good too, at least I think so.......

Very true Corrie ... sometimes a quickie can look as good as something you have spent hours on. Beautiful cards my friend, well done. I am looking forward to seeing your magazine pages as you said you would be doing it on flowers. I haven't really settled on a subject as yet but I think it may be about beach or holiday locations in Australia. ;D

Ann, really gorgeous photo. I love flowers and sitting on the couch, I can see the railing planters with colorful flowers on the balcony.

Beautiful work, Corrie, and the photos are gorgeous... It comes in handy to have quick pages, and they also serve as inspiration to create our own.

Thanks so much dear Sue, your comments always mean a lot to me. The card and envelope look fine to me on my pc but when I downsized for posting the envelope flaps (shadow 0 0 45 5) got lost once posted! Ah well I know that everyone on this Campus would know they are there. White can be a little problematic for display... ;D

I agree, plain white can be a little problematic. I overcome it, especially on envelopes, by using a  paper texture on the white.  With a very low depth, with some smoothness, the more subtle  the better.  Or I will us a very very slightly off white. It will be barely noticeable  but it will make a difference.

Annie, another example of your artistic work. Really beautiful.

I have almost finished the process of copying almost everything from one older laptop to a newer one. It is a lot of work, as some of you have also experienced not long ago.

I've noticed that the colors I see on one laptop are not the same I see on the other... The same color can look different, sometimes darker or lighter. Before, I never had the opportunity to have laptops side-by-side and compare the same layout.

I have many little friends, they join me for a bite to eat, and a beverage daily (elevenses). They are very unruly, and undisciplined. Very anti social, and extremely territorial to their own kind. I join them on the ground photographing them. They run over me, and occasionally give me little nip. Some will take a treat out of my hand, yet they are still very wild, and have their wits about them. They are some of the most entertaining creatures to observe. Now you know how I spend some of my time. I created a template some time ago, using masks. If anyone can think of a better title, let me know. If I was to print it off, I'd hang it in the kitchen overlooking the dining table.

I was a bit late in finalising my Project #4. One difficulty I faced was when trying to do the serrated edge with the shift button held down I could only do one side. I tried several times without success. After the first page I had to cut out each triangle individually. I trust my effort is acceptable. George Watkinson

I created a Birthday Card for a couple of chat friends on an Osprey live cam I chat on. The background is one I created so long ago, I have no idea how. The wreaths were from Creative Fabrica. I duplicated a couple of them and changed the color. The Cats were from https://clipart-library.com/. Hmmm, I got in a hurry at the end and just now realized I didn't remove the white around two of the cats. Oh well Birthday girls probably didn't even notice it.

Really Sue you deserve the accolades. It is like a professional photo shoot with all the little props and the cuties posing ... although I can only imagine the amount of time it took you to take the photos, lol! Kudos to you dear friend, you are most deserving. <3

Thank you Annie, you are always so kind, and I really do appreciate your  comments.  I've often said, that it takes longer to  take the photos than it does to  showcase them.  I do enjoying  shooting  mother natures living gems, large and small.  As you know I do have a particular passion for macro shooting insects.  Each and every one are living jewels.

I created the  cute ground squirrel  collage, here is  one of Bees and Butterflies.  I saw a similar layout, and decided to copy it.  I liked the polaroid effect.  I used Carole's polaroid script twice, and duplicated them. Of course so much detail of of  the insects are lost due to resizing.  Macro photography.

I fell in love with this picture I found on Google; it's just so happy and colorful. I made the plaid background picking colors from the original pic. I decided to do a large, solid shadow with no blur so it looked like a solid paper; then repeated with negative offsets. Applied a soft drop shadow to the pic and the two solid drop shadows. I sometimes like adding a drop shadow to a drop shadow. By using different colors and/or different opacity and blur, you can get some very interesting effects.

The font is Gill Sans Ultra Bold. I used the magic wand to select the text, then moved down to the plaid layer & deleted to show the solid paper beneath. (Don't forget to hide the original text layer.) Relying on guides, I used my eraser brush to create the framing. Finally, a drop shadow on the plaid layer.

If I had had more time, I would have placed the text a little more vertically centered so that it was equidistant from the framing and the blue layers below the main pic. I think I also would have placed the framing further away from the edges. Time gets away from me when working under a deadline. :)

I found this beautiful photo of a mangrove sunrise so I decided to use it for a page and I didn't want to overpower it with accents.  I did a fair amount of work on the background using overlays with blurs, blend modes, opacities and this is the final result.  Sometimes I can put together a page with loads of embellishments etcetera and it will only take an hour or two whereas this one seemingly so simple took quite a few hours ... go figure!  Thank for takin a peek my friends.  ;D