Bootcamp - July 2021

Cassel

Sorry late to the party life as happens tends to get in the way. LOL  Here was the one of the pictures of the dog that I was going to work with.  Been about 20 years since I used Paint shop and fairly new to everything in the new version.   Anyway just watching the day 2 video now.

here is my project one from Day 3.  when I first logged in today I was greeted with Ann S. beautiful page.  I thought I'd like to take a nap in that garden.  With that in mind this is ME having a nap in Ann's garden.  Those arent yellow bed scatter you see (okay, they are), they are cheerios in case I got hungry.

All the papers and elements are from Pixel Scrapper (Thank you).  yellow paper (Digi Dewi), brown paper strip (Marisa Lerin), flowers (KMRD steampunk kit), scatter (aka: cheerios; Sahin Designs), text was minya Nouvelle.  Photo is mine from Vancouver (Canada) Game farm in 2012.

Ann, Nonie, Neala and Janet   Wowzers!  Beautiful.   I'm going to try to work on adding more.  Its hard for me, in photography you take out what doesn't add to the subject.  You wouldnt believe how much I put on and take off.  I'll get there eventually.

Here was my attempt at project one.  Took me forever to find the move tool. LOL  But once I found that was able to follow along fairly well.

Not sure if my secondary background strip placement followed the guidelines for the project, but it did say you could make it as big as you liked. lol

Any way here is Porthos and as usual he is waiting for his Bark Box or a New toy to arrive.  No he is not spoiled at all.

This is my 2nd time doing the Boot Camp.  It is much less stressful this time although I am having internet problems, the video keeps having to pause and load more.  I added a tablecloth and placemat all thou the placemat is flat on one side because I am having trouble remembering how to cut part of a selection and paste it as a new layer.

Cassel - Why does my curser return to the top of the page after every action?

Ann, that is funny. To me, what I saw was a "printed pattern" which is what made me think of China! on your first project, is it possible that you squished the scatters on top of the photo? Be careful to always use the Scale mode AND a corner handle to resize elements, no matter what they are.

Euka, welcome back. What version of PSP were you using in previous Bootcamps? For your sandwich exercise, you made me smile. Those caterpillars are definitely hungry. What did you have for a drink?

Libera, maybe we will see the squirrels in upcoming projects?

Nonie, on your first project, I would suggest you revisit the shadows. From what I see, you have shadows toward the right AND the left of your photo and your strip of paper. At the same time, there is no shadow at the bottom. You will see that I am very "picky" about shadows ;)

Neala, could I suggest that you layer those beautiful gems on top of the photo instead of under. Do you think the photo would stick well on top of the gems?

Janet, on your first project, can also suggest you review the shadows? I see shadows on four sides of your photo, which is not realistic, especially for an even shadow. In addition, the shadow seems to be missing from the strip of paper. Maybe it is just a hidden layer?

Ravin, this looks like a happy dog! On your project 1, I am unsure about the shadows. Since the background paper is "busy" (and that is totally ok), the shadows are a little hard to identify. Did you add some to the photo and the vertical strip of paper?

Susan, your project 1 made me smile. You used an interesting approach in switching the color of the text on top of the paper. Well done.

Cyndi, I am glad you are less stressed this time around (I never realized that I was stressing anyone!) To answer your question, I am a bit puzzled because I have never experienced the cursor changing location when an action is completed. Did you reload PSP?

Cindy, I see you used the Curved Photo script. This is well used. I see that your scattered confetti at the bottom have been stretched. Do you see how they are oval instead of being round like the ones on top?

To anyone who has not posted yet, or started late, we are looking forward to your projects too.

Here is my day 3 project. The original photo is one of my own. The other flowers are all from Creative Fabrica and the raindrop and flower "scatter" are from Pixel Scrapper. It took me forever to get this done because I got sidetracked over at Creative Fabrica and Pixel Scrapper. I love Hawaii and I love taking pictures of flowers so I combined my loves in this one.

Cindy this is beautiful.  I love the picture and it looks like it's curling up a bit on the sides.  Those hearts are neat with the papers in them and one that is a hole.  I like that technique (whatever it is).

Ravin, Porthos looks like one happy puppy (I call them all puppies no matter the age).  Isn't it our job as their staff to spoil them?  Looking forward to more Porthos and more of Bruce from Cindy.

Carole, previously I have been using 2020 (and still use it for some filters) and my drink was hot chocolate.

Both photos here are mine, and both taken at Cable Beach Broome.  I made the 2nd paper and also the pearls.  The font is Fugenta Script.

The pages produced so far have been awesome to view.

My Day 3

.... and here comes one of my long-time guests :-)! I added already around 2 years ago squirrels in different projects, so guess, it's never ending. I found the background on Pixel Scrapper, if I remember well, but changed the color and the fonts is Kristen.

I like your page Cristina. And I feel your pain (design pain I mean).  I have a hard time adding in elements and knowing when it's either too little or too much while also making it look balanced.  Design is a hard one for me.  Your dogs are adorable.  I really like these classes too.  I'm blown away and inspired by what everyone produces.  It would be neat to have a class on "design" that shows before (usually when I think it's done) and what can be done, the wow factor "after" that I need to learn how to do. I guess it's the 3 P's (that I learned in Calligraphy).  Practice, Patience, Perseverance.

LOL I added the shadow to everything but the photo and the background and strip.   I honestly didn't see much difference in the before and after display. Though the bunnies did look a little "crisper" afterwards.

Also question about Text.

So was fooling around with the program for some other stuff.   I usually when working with Microsoft paint have just copied text directly from Word or Libre as I prefer to spell check things there since I am horrible speller.  When I tried to do that in the Paintshop Pro program I get the text square, but is basically one huge line of text that goes off the side of the project (that can not be seem to be scaled down to size) rather than being formatted how it is on Libre.   Is there a way to copy text from a processor program to the project without it doing that?

Here is my day 3 and the first real scrapbook layout of this bootcamp. What a wonderful pages are made by everyone, to much to comment on individual. Yesterday something came up and I couldn't finish, but that isn't a problem we have 2 days for each project.

The background is an abstract pastel one that I found sometime ago on Inky Deals, the paperstrip was by Pixelscrapper. Hearts where in my stash and I colored them to match the colors; the font is Renitha.

Looking forward to the next day.

I   Love Our Teacher,    I Love our Campus store!     Yes Cassel, I used the script I bought in your store the Curved Photo script it is so fun, I used a lot of the color and other options till I got what I wanted.  Appreciate the nice comment.  ty

Cassel,  I did see that on the scatters, and it was done to make it not look extatically the same,  You know how  I am (different).

I wished I could buy every script in your store,    I love them I love them all.   I still have not made that Beautiful button pattern on using the last script you put in store but I will.

You People are so Cool.............. Hey Lurkers join us plz