What are you working on (in June 2021)?

Cassel

Hi everyone, you all have been busy, to much to comment on individually but it was a pleasure to browse!

At the moment we have an explosion of poppies! The conditions for them are ideal at the moment; we had a cold and wet winter and spring and now it is warm. Poppyseeds can lay dormant in the ground for up to 50 years and now they germinate. I took the photos this week and new inmediate what I wanted to do with them. I used this lovely template frame that Sue Thomas made available a couple of weeks ago and I also used the alphasheet from Annie Tobin for the word POPPY. The background is made from a bad and fuzzy photo that I blurred to the max and then a blend mode (hard light) and reduced opacity. It took some google time to find a quote that fitted.

Hello Ladies and Gentlemen :)

I' can't stop creating with my new programm. Love it!

Thank you all for your nice comments. I appreciate it. Is this right English? It takes too much time to use always the translator. So excuse me, please and don't hesitate to correct me. It would helps alot.

Here is another one I finished today - took 1 hour. Just for fun. Like it but the frame is boring. Sometimes its good to have the Unlimited Filters to add some nice frames :) Hopefully Cassel does not read this ;-)

Dear Corrie, you have created a truly delightful page. The photos are beautiful and I love the quote ... all that Google search time paid off dear friend. Mostly I love the flower element that sits just above the quote ... my kind of art Lovely Lady, well done. ;)

Susanne, I think there is a little bit of the devil in you my friend! Lovely work on this ... dare I say ... hottie! It is Edward from the Twilight Series is it not? Although I must confess to having been team Jacob and still am, lol! Yummo, you go girl! ;D

Been a hectic couple of weeks, as just two weeks after my dil passed, my granddaughter got married and we had to head up to northern Georgia.

Bonnie: thank you for your kind words. Son lives in Hartsville, near Florence. Fantastic Here Comes the Summer layout. Andy and Fran certainly are lucky to have such a lovely page devoted to them.

Annie: as always your words are such inspiration. Thank you. Summer Days reminds me of Hawaii (and if I am honest, Florida, LOL). The picture is so vibrant and the paper elements draw your eye in. Your mask layouts are always a delight to see, Major Mitchell's cockatoo and Mandarin duck are both great.

Sue: many thanks. I have been talking to him everyday, sometimes several times. Your foxy birthday ecard is adorable. Loved your bobtail layout. My dil loved rabbits and she would have loved to have seen what you did with the picture. Asters are such beautiful flowers and I really like how you have used the photo in your layout. Wow, what a gorgeous pic of the hover fly and lovely layout. You did a great job on the frame.

Sheila: thank you so much.

Corrie: thank you for the condolences. Your poppy layout is lovely and the picture is so colorful. Great use of a bad photo for the background.

Lynda: great job on the family tree mock-up. I really need to do something with the class. Loving your Life layout. Perfect for framing.

Cristina: your kindness is much appreciated. Homeschooling is a perfect layout to document the crazy year we have had. I always like the pocket style layouts and have done a whole year of them. And I agree with Annie, you are definitely creative. There is nothing wrong with using templates as you always put your own spin on them.

Ann: by this time your wedding and mine will be over. My granddaughter got married on the 12th. Your dress is stunning. Fantastic layout of the wedding pictures. Awesome ad for your drive-in. I'm sure you will be getting a lot of comments

Michele: your Bubblegum Pink layout it so darling, while Sun and Vanilla is so fun and warm. Awesome. Great job on the science fest layout and using the chalk texture script.

Susanne: what a wonderful layout using the jumping out of frames lesson. Devil Inside is perfect just the way it is. Using a "boring" frame just makes the layout stand out even better.

Ann: great job on the song challenge. I really like how you have it layed out.

Sawnie: so sorry to hear about the loss of your plants. Your layouts to them are great.

Minka: glad to hear you made it back to Maine safe and sound. Looking forward to seeing what you come up with.

Shirley: loving the vintage look to your layout. Your daughter is going to so thrilled with her scrapbook.

Wonderful to see what everyone is doing... The Campus for sure never sleeps!

Bonnie, this is a beautiful love story, and you created a very nice layout to showcase it... Lady22 has great templates, and I downloaded a few thanks to your layouts... The last one was now, no 40, from 16Jun... It reminded me of one I used for the Love Story Challenge, which I liked very much... I didn't know that lady22 (Bourico Casper) belonged to the Creative Team of Pixel Scrapper (now Digital Scrapbook.com)

Michele, this is a very nice layout, and the use of the chalk script enhanced it... I didn't remember or know this script, but there are so many great scripts that I lose track of all of them... I am always amazed by Carole's creativity.

Sawnie, so sad to hear you lost most of your plants... Even more, having them for so long... Although sad, you created very nice layouts with the photos.

Minka, good to know you are all settled in... Luckily you found someone to help because there's always something to do in a house, even more after 8 months' absence... Looking forward to seeing your work again.

Shirley, another lovely scrapbook page of your daughter. Everything looks perfect to me... She will love the result.

Corrie, what a colorful and lovely layout... With Sue's frame template, Annie's Alpha, and those beautiful photos, nothing could go wrong.

Ann, very nice and effective ad. Who wouldn't want to win such a great treat?!

Susanne, very nice work; I like it very much... I am not a big user of plugins, but sometimes they really come in handy.

Karon, thank you for your kind comment and words of encouragement! They are very much appreciated. <3   : )

I do love templates, and I think they are a wonderful tool... We have seen many wonderful layouts created with them on the Campus... Right now, I lack the inspiration to create my own, so I take advantage of my stash. ; )

I ran across the latest palette challenge yesterday and had a ball playing with those colors. I didn't keep track of what all I did because I wasn't planning on posting anything from my play time.  I wound up loving this one so I figured I might as well post it.

It's Father's Day here and we always celebrated my Dad's birthday, too, coming on June 23 and always close to Father's Day. He was born in 1892 and always marveled at the changes he witnessed; going from horse and buggy to cars to rockets to the Moon! He knew Morse Code as he worked on the Erie Railroad for 40 years as Chief Night Dispatcher here on the East Coast. The background is a photo with an added sepia tone, of the post office in Granite, NY, where he was born. The photo on the far left is his mother, my Grandma, Henrietta. The photo second from right he's with my Mom, Mildred. I'm in the top, round photo with him.

The page curls were done with PSP/Effects/Image Effects. The headline font is Aviation Cocktail Shadow. Thanks to Sue for the frames template. I used Cassel's Raster-to-Mask script with it.

Happy Father's Day!

Susanne L,

Please don't stop creating. This is truly spectacular.  I imagine this is from "Twilight"?

As far as your English, I know of English speakers that don't do anywhere near as well. if you really want some correction, "It takes too much time to  always use the translator."or "" It takes to much time to use the translator all the time".  Of course the English language is quirky. Just for fun this is an example of "quirky".

https://www.grammarly.com/blog/to-too/

As far as Cassel, don't think she would have a problem with using unlimited filters. Ask her..she's a great teacher.

Trying out a mixture of tool work, like using the background eraser on the bridge, changing layer blend modes. Applying Carole's script on the feature photo.  I had put a mask through the photo some time ago but hadn't done anything with it.  These 2 have now gone to fishing heaven, they were great fishing buddies.  I added the white (old look( photo edge from  filtre forge.  This took up a fair part of the day yesterday but it was a good fore runner to stacking the firewood which was a necessary evil. Shortest day yesterday, our winter will be here in full force now then comes the joys of spring.