Double Take Challenge 2021

Cassel

Hello Scrapbook Campus.  I am a little behind as I got caught up doing a few things with my sister yesterday ... that's family for ya!  :)  This is the Australian Galah ... very common here and much loved.  The western Australian galah has slightly paler colours to that of the eastern bird but still have that beautiful pink and grey combination.  Thanks for takin a peek!

Barbara, that double page looks great!!! You added various elements to tie everything together and tweaked the template for a real custom look.

Jean, you seemed to have worked this template quite quickly to complete a very interesting project. And you are not alone re-learning details here and there. We all do!

Henry, that is a great project that your wife is working on and it is lovely for you to showcase it! Interesting to see you rotated the template on its side. Same template, completely different look!

Raymond, what did you use to create those edges around the photos? It is fun to have not-so-straight edges!

Laurie, when one has many photos to display, using templates are often time savers! Glad that you reverted to using a pre-made template. Don't worry, you will get to make your own templates later. Oh, that rainy background give such an elegant look at that page!!!

Bonnie, I am a cat lover so I am happy to see that "older" layout! I think I will always associate that blue color to your pickleball layouts!!!

Ann, isn't that a simple and quick way to display all those photos!?

Gerry, that is such a good idea to gather everyone in the family under one "layout"!

Sandra, that is a great demonstration on using a single-page template and "doubling" it!

Corrie, it is so interesting how you grouped the individual sections. I had to look twice to realize if you were using the same template!

Anne, are you using your own photos that you masked?

Sue, that looks like you are going to have a very elegant album. Maybe you could contact National Geographic with all those superb shots and displays!

Annie, those are such beautiful birds! I had never seen those! You make us discover a fauna that is so unique!!!

Well here is day 2.  I decided to go with mostly landscape photos because I don't have many that are suitable to portrait ones, let alone long skinny ones. I enjoyed setting it up and decided on using a striped paper as a background and just flipped it horizontally for the 2nd page. And thanks Carole for fixing my problem this morning.

Day 2 features a trip to Cathedral Grove in Muir Woods in San Francisco. It was a moving experience.

REVISION: I added a ledge for the squirrel. He is not the same species as Rocky, The Flying Squirrel, and it bothered me that he was just hanging in the air. I uploaded the full layout which shows the change.

I stayed up tonight hoping Day 3 email would come in before I needed to go to bed, so once it arrived I got stuck right in.  Not sure the 3 photos on the left all go together, but they were all taken at the same place, Crocosaurus Cove in Darwin.  Really enjoying this challenge.

Carole, Further to my Day 1 submission. I was not sure how I would attach a double page,( you probably cover that in the following days) but after trial and error I started with a 3600x7200 canvas and tried to paste thr Left and Right pspimages to the canvas then it occurred to me that jpg images is what I use with my projects and Wala it worked or at least I think. It probably is different and I will learn. Henry

Corrie, very colorful and pretty. I love the addition of the colored buttons at the bottom.

Sue, beautiful! I love what you have and how lucky you are to be able to approach them that way.

Sandra, pretty photos, pretty spring colors

Barbara, nice sports page, I like the way to place your elements

This was difficult for me.  I couldn’t get my photo in the middle aligned right.  I don’t usually make my photos into background so of course I don’t like my page much, but I did finish it lol.   Thanks to Henry’s help on how he did the double layout I was able to accomplish that.

The kit I used was “Beary Hoppy” by Angel Wing Scraps

I hadn't noticed that there were 3 pages. I continue my comments here.

Jean, beautiful big family! beautiful grandchildren. Only one photo made me look elsewhere ... either the one with the snake ;-)

For your day 2, the young people seem very interested in these old planes. Surely an interesting visit.

Your day 3 is interesting. Brave children hold a baby crocodile in their hands.

Henry, it's so much work knitting but how beautiful and satisfying when it's done, well done your wife

Raymond, pretty and your pages show us that these two are on vacation. I like the addition of elements in the rectangle.

Laurie, pretty colorful photos with a black background that looks very distinguished, I like. Your day 2 is as pretty as the first. I like black but I wonder if I could manage to combine it like you do.

Bonnie, these cats are cute. Black and white looks so funny - the ones from 2021 are pretty too with all that blue and those sporty people

Ann, many young people having fun and what a beautiful memory your granddaughter will have a very beautiful memory of this day

Gerry, a beautiful family with many young children. It creates such vibrant family gatherings.

With your day 2 you take me back to Cathedral Grove, a visit I loved doing a few years ago

Sandra, nice model and I love what you did

Anne, a trip to the south, it's always pleasant with its hot sun and above all, having nothing to do

Sue, bravo for this other page with mum deer, she is very pretty

Annie Tobin, oh wowww what a beautiful bird, I love its colors!

Sandra, these pretty little children. They seem very happy about their Easter day

I place my double page since up there it separated

My Day 2 Double page. The photo is by my grandson Will Lennox. You can see the village far in the background out on the point. The headline font is Childish. A very simple layout with a couple of beachy embellishments. The photo speaks for itself.

Mendocino was once the stand-in for Jessica Fletcher's New England village on the tv show "Murder She Wrote." The director had problems with the sun going down on the "wrong" side and when he flipped the film to have it as a rising sun he ended up with some seabirds flying backwards! ;-)

My Day 2 Double page. I intend to use my theme "The colors of spring" for every day of this challenge because I simply like to work with a theme. Day one was green and this day is yellow. I used fewer slats otherwise they became to thin for the my photos. I have a lot of photos of flowers and still making more. So this is a good opportunity to show them. Hopefully this time I upload this in the right order.

I like all the work done and again so different while using the same starting point.

This is the Day 3 project, so I've finally caught up! I've showcased my "day job" - the Warwick Drive-In Theater, owned by my daughter Beth. She's the grandmother of baby Sonya that you've seen on the Campus.

The posters and map are from Google who provided them for marketing purposes. This is a full 7200 x 3600 layout. I'm grateful that PSP2021 does such a great job of enlarging photos!

Hello Scrapbook Campus.  Lots of beautiful work going on here ... thanks to you all for making my morning cuppa all that more enjoyable.

This is day 2 ... I am going to try and get day 3 done today so that I will be all caught up!  Thanks for takin a peek my friends.  :D

Jean, it is ok to change the template since you need to use the shape that suits your photo. The idea is to make something that consistently flows from left to right. For your day 3, even if the pictures have a different color background, I don't find them mismatched at all.

Gerry, that is a clever tweak to add something under the squirrel. It shows that you are noticing those "unrealistic" details and know how to correct them. I have to say that the choice to showcase those trees is a perfect theme for those thin rectangular shapes!

Henry, I was kind of wondering where the other page was! I thought maybe it was not uploaded correctly or something like that. I didn't state how to start a double-page yet, because the idea was to use two separate pages first to "make them" a double. If you ever want to print an album, you would have to upload each page separately. However, don't worry, the explanation will come later (although you already guessed it!)

Jnet, very elegant on your Day 1 project. If I could mention something is the fact that you have a photo that would be in the middle of the double-page it would be cut off if you ever print an album. If it is a photo that is less meaningful, it is ok, but otherwise, it is safer to avoid putting something in the middle that can be cut off or misaligned (like text too).

Sandra, since the middle photo might get cut off *IF* you were to print it in an album, it is ok if it does not perfectly align. You did a good job to avoid cutting someone's face!

Ann, you are almost ahead of the challenge as the panoramic photo will be used on Day 6! shhh! ;) When you had mentioned Theater Drive-in, for some odd reason it didn't register in my head what it was (duh!). I had forgotten about those! (strangely, I live walking distance from an old one!). I just facepalm my forehead when it clicked in my mind!

Corrie, those are going to be fantastic pages showcasing all the flowers. With all the pages you can make, you can even print a complete album! Talk about a conversation starter when you get visitors!

Lynda, I like how you have such varied colors on your project!! Looking forward to more!

Bonnie, for the Day 2 project, I like how that shape of image is not typical of what you would expect for those photos, but it makes them so creative. Keep showing us those photos!

Annie, those are such interesting photos of birds we are discovering. May I suggest that if you have text that is wider than one piece of "paper" that you could use a separate one, to add it. Would you write over two sections if you were doing it on paper?