What are you working on (in April 2021)?

Cassel

I've been playing with Cassel's scripts and decided to make an alpha using Dimension2 script, Bauhaus 93 font and the paper was one I made a little while ago ... kinda followed a plaid pattern but got side tracked.  It is a terrific script and I think the alpha didn't turn out half bad.  Thanks for takin a peek friends.  ;D

HELLO! HELLO!

Diana Craft here, It's been a long time since I've posted and I have missed you all tremendously and although I haven't posted often I stop in quite often to soak up all your creative juices and marvel at your accomplishments, you have brought me great joy.  It's been so long in  fact that a lot of you won't have a glue as to who I am, sometimes I wonder myself? (S)  I love Cassell, I love PSP and please don't hate me but I don't do a LOT of scrap-booking. I was into it very heavily several years ago but I keep being tempted off the path by every pretty flower and wander into all sorts of other things creative.  I must warn you that this is going to be rambling down that lane ,so if you get bored and want to wander yourself, feel free.

I have uploaded a lot of pics of the main things that has been keeping me away from the campus this year and although they don't involve scrap-booking, they definitely involve PSP.  I use it a lot, and I print a lot, more than my poor husband would ever dream.  I do most of my designing with printouts that involve altering sweatshirts for my personal use at the moment.  I find an image I like and then, as I am sure you are all familiar with, the juices just start to flow.  I don't care much for machine sewing so I do almost all of my stitching by hand.  So, trying not to go on toooooo long I will get onto showing and explaining my jackets.

The first two photos are of my appliqued rose that I found at www.photoshop-kopona.com where I  get a lot of beautiful free graphics.  Taking it into PSP I selected and divided all the individual elements and made them into tubes, then printed them out to the scale I wanted and cut templates for each piece from Freezer Paper and ironed them onto my chosen fabric from my stash as close to the original coloring of the rose, not always as close as I would have liked but "One does, what one must!", as THEY say. (Chuckle)  I don't applique in the usual manner, that ability doesn't seem to reside in my nature. I press the freezer paper to the top (the right) side of the pattern piece, the opposite of the usual method, that I was fortunate enough to find in Janet Pittman's wonderful book, "Applique made Simple, The basics and beyond".  It seemed all wrong at first but now I wouldn't do it any other way,

The rose is my favorite subject to work with, I never tire of doing them in a variety of media. This bloom was done to reside on my bed cover so I see it the first thing every morning and I can be very pleased with what I had accomplished all by myself, she adds smugly! The sweatshirts shown next are something new for me, I've never liked sweatshirts for myself, my shape wasn't made for them to be attractive. (Round is a shape, isn't it?)

My first converted sweatshirt was the burgundy decorated  with pansies.  The black is roses, ribbons a cross-stitched design of Victorian ladies hands, copied from a Victorian piece of ephemera in my collection of calling cards collected over the years of thrift'in.    Calling cards were my first introduction to antiques because when the babies were little  and having only $3 dollars to spend on myself, I found that at that time I could get a lot of little treasures for only 5 cents each, and I went home happy as a lark.

Well, I've gone on quite enough, you can see the other jacket for yourself and if there i anything you want to know more about, just post.  I will be back! I will see/hear some of you Sunday at Cassell"s performance art.  Hugs,

Diana, I sure hope I haven't over-stayed my welcome.   BYE now!

Lynda, beautiful photo!  I love this time of the year when we see nature blooming in all different colors... like a miracle after the winter... I am a big fan of all Cassel's ribbon scripts; they ran as if it were magic... Nice job with the ribbon.

Sue, those little fellows are really cute, and it must be a joy to see them so close... Your work is outstanding, and I love, love to enlarge, and discover all the details you added... And Cassel's scripts, tubes, etc., make our life so much easier!

Playtime with Cassel's scripts again today.  I created another alpha (for more general use) using a weatherboard pattern, Hobo font, and Cassel's first Dimension script.  It is a dream of a script to use and creation possibilities are endless.  Thanks for takin a peek my friends.  :D

LOL! Oh Anne, I could live forever in that little doll cottage, that was always my dream as a child; with a dutch door and open windows allowing the sheer curtains to billow as I sat at my little table sipping tea from a lovely rose china cup.  Thanks for the memory!  Great looking family, BTW.