BOOTCAMP March 2021

Cassel

Cindy, it looks like you had fun with the sandwich, and what a nice table. Am I invited for dinner?

Paul,  if you like pickles and onions, maybe we can find someone who will share theirs with you if they don't like them!

Ann, that is a fun display for your lunch. If you don't want your pickles, maybe Paul will take them? I guess you DO like that simple layout of Project 1. I guess it is a nice way to showcase a single photo.

Sue, thanks for your kind words about the Campus. I share the compliments with the whole community who is so supportive of every member.

Mary, that is a great table. You found a great and creative way to change the color of the dishes.

Randy, that is a great first layout! Your shadows are consistent, which is something I am picky about :). One detail I would suggest is to rotate the bale of hey. Looking at it, it looks angled, and it makes its own shadow look in the wrong direction. Did you happen to rotate it after you added the shadow?

Here is my finished project for Day 3. I do not have any kits yet, so I made my own backgrounds. I downloaded some free graphics like the hearts and some scatters from PixelScrapper.  Luckily I do have some great little helpers who pose for pictures and like to keep me company while I play with PSP. I am enjoying Bootcamp a lot and learn something new every day. Thank you Carole for making this possible for all of us.

Most of the afternoon was taken up with this but I'm a little better satisfied with it than I was with the lunch.  This is my husband and our fur person and don't you think he doesn't think he is human.  He is so much company to us and gives up so much pleasure.  You don't understand that unless you have pets.

Cindy, I am glad to see you play with PSP without pulling your hair!

Anita, where did you get that lovely cat alpha? For someone with very little supplies, you got creative and managed to get a great page done.

Fran, I don't see anything wrong with your sandwich image. But of course, there is always another lunch tomorrow if you want to play differently with it! I love your first page. You will find a lot of cat lovers in this group!

Thank you Carole. I downloaded the free cat alphabet way back in 2002 as individual gif graphics. I only have them in CAPS and I can't  remember where I found them. I just named them acat bcat ccat, etc. I just checked online under Cat alphabet and there are a lot of nice ones there, but I did not see the exact same ones I have.  If you like, I can send them to you.

My apologies for missing yesterday. Here is my version of New Kid on the Block:

eiyu3tgwcoyt78wdvrpl20fzwl4vn76k.jpg

The kit in the tutorial was no longer free so I used a different free kit.

Love how it turned out even though my psp crashed as I was saving it.

Good tip: is to Save your work as you go!

Here's today's page.  I chose a photo with colours similar to Carole's photo in her tutorial, browns. I  Have 3 of Carole's slats scripts, which are great time savers, yet the results are  stunning.  It would take me ages to create my own effect. Also used Carole's corner punch brushes on the papers.  The element was already extracted, and saved as a  png file.  This page took me less than  half an hour to complete.

I think I am on Day 3. Anyway, this is my response to "New Kid On the Block". Carol, I think I will go along with your suggestion to do a book of the pics. My brother and I took a trip "on Route 66" beginning in St. Louis, not Chicago, ILL. to the northwest end of Arizona in 2014. He wanted to walk on the "glass bridge" over the Grand Canyon that is in that corner. This was on his bucket list.

I used the picture taken by another couple who were doing the Route 66 thing also. Background was from a kit by Marissa Lerin - the Good Life, Feb. 21 - also the bead scatter which I duplicated in the top right corner. The car was from my stash with the car colored black this time. The other element was from Marissa Lerin but not in the kit. I tried to keep to just what was shown in the tutorial, but I did put a frame on the background. I love color changing, so I changed the background color from light brown to a green from the picture. Oh, and I put a frame on the picture also.

Here is my Day 3 - Carole's Adventure Park inspired me to use this photo from my granddaughter's zoo, Paws 'n' Claws Wild Animal Park in PA. My photographer friend Ed Frampton visited Jackie there last fall. I was there last summer; it's a delightful place. It will open in May for the 2021 season.

I did find a kit called Mickey's Safari using some Disney motifs. From there I got the monkey, the giraffe, the signpost and the rocks, tree and grass. I was actually looking for papers but theirs were not well done; mostly just tiled patterns. I had the sky paper from Pixelscrappers and the brown brick from my stash. The dark paper is a color from the logo up top. Sorry, I didn't do a title but the zoo logo is enough. I kept wanting to put a fence in front of those fearsome tigers but none of the tubes were dark enough. ;-)

I am TOTALLY new with this Bookcamp, so I am trying to learn how to just post what I need to. I think I am suppose to say "Hi".....sooooo, Hi! Hello to all you. I hope you are smarter at this than I am!  I THINK I was to upload my lunch and I think one picture to be used later.

Here is my design for Day 3.  My shadows did not show up against my black background. I ended up with a black background by mistake. But, I loved the contrast it gave my design, so I kept it. Yesterday, Joe (my husband) and I were walking on a dirt road next to a farmer's field, and we ran across this deer blind.  All I could think of was DIY Little house with wheels, well mainly because most of the time we live in a little house with wheels!  (Ours is in much better shape than this one!)

I just finished Bootcamp Day 5 Adventure Park and had a lot of fun with it. I really like the Control Y command, it saves a lot of time. I used the brown paper from Pixel Scrapper Papers, Earthday, and as it looked too dark for the background, I brightened it up a bit and then used the original for one of the rectangles. Used some of the green  color of the trees in the picture for the second rectangle and  added the green flower from the Sonya Stover kit mentioned in the tutorial. I did not want to add birds, what if the lions got hungry? So I added the small baby lion which is looking for a home.  I  just had a little problem with the rotating tool. At first it rotated all my layers, so I went to free rotate and there a dialog box showed up where one could select all layers or not. Doesn't the regular rotating option also have a that dialog box? If so how can I activate it, as mine does not show up, only in the Free rotate tool option. Thank you. Wishing everyone a very nice weekend!

I love all of the Designs that I am seeing! Everyone is doing a great job!

I love what Anita Wyatt did with Day 3 in choosing to make her picture an circle. Sue Thomas, I always like your birds! Ann Seeber, all four of your Day 3 layouts are great! Mary Solaas, I think you should use the top picture.

Went overboard as usual since I hate following directions. :P Tried to put a decent pattern for the plate/saucer/cup/silverware. Quit trying as it wasn't working like I wanted it to. Did try to change bread to wheat bread. The color should be close. I don't make real sandwiches neat so messed up ingredients between the slices. Would have preferred the pickles to be sliced differently but didn't know my way around the PSP kitchen to find the right tool. Made coffee afterward. :D Anyway, here 'tis:

Hello. This is my first post ever. This post is for project in day 3 of March Bootcamp. Most of the elements in the post were taken from kit Marisa Lerin GL 21 downloaded from Pixel Scrapper. For the projects, I will be using photos of the old city of San Juan which I took last Tuesday. The sentry box (in Spanish: la garita) tube was make from a selection of one of the photos. Have a nice day.