BOOTCAMP March 2021

Cassel

ScrapBootcamp2-800-Title.jpg

First of all, come and say HI once you register for this bootcamp.

We want to know who else will be there, on our side to cheer everyone up.

Everyone started as a beginner, so don't ever compare yourself to others. You will learn one tool at the time, one concept at the time and you will create one project at the time. Everyone will have different photos and possibly different supplies so every project will be different.

Once the Bootcamp is started, on March 15, 2021, you can post your projects in here.

Remember to resize your image to about 600 pixels AND saving in jpg format, before uploading it so it won't slow down the site when we have lots of your masterpieces. Try to follow the tutorials at least enough that we can recognize what lesson you completed.

Now, let's get ready !

If you missed the registration link or if you found this thread before I announce it (some people are very observant), HERE it is. Share it around if you want.

Although this Bootcamp is mostly meant to help beginners, we won't exclude anyone for "excess experience". Some participants are back for a second round. You are always welcome. Remember that it will be the exact same tutorials so don't be surprised. I am sure you will now do something slightly different than the previous time.

Since anyone can follow the whole Bootcamp using the trial version of PaintShop Pro, this is a perfect opportunity for anyone to give it a try and see how they like the program, so share with your friends who MIGHT consider using PaintShop Pro.

The 7 tutorials will be spaced out over almost 2 weeks. This should make it easier for participants to follow without feeling stressed (it should never be stressful!).

Hi, I have taken the BootCamp before but never keep up, I'm really going to try and keep up this time and do all the pages.  It is a great little course to get started with digital scrapping and we do have a really good teacher.

We are going to have to encourage each other!!!!

My Preferences for the Edit Work space are: Color: Black

By the way in my PSP X9,  I do not have an option for User Interface, I have to go to View - Workspace Color.

Toolbars: Standard, Status and Tools

Palettes: Layer: Floating

Material Palette: Docked

Organizer: Closed

Tool option palette is viewed underneath Standard bar

Learning Center: Closed

Fran, welcome back. Take it one day at a time. The Bootcamp should be slow enough if you don't get caught in other life events! Is Tip actually laying on the plant???

Ann, maybe it is Groundhog Day! :) That is a cutie and she will be a star on your pages!

Anita, welcome to the Bootcamp. I had to take a double look at the photo as I thought Mr Mooch had a sibling in the photo! I love cats (as you might have seen in my newsletters). You are correct that version X9 does not have User Interface in the menu, but I am glad you found where to set it anyways.

Randy, welcome to the camp. Although there is not singing around the campfire or canoeing, it is still a lot of fun.

Wendy, will your granddaughter be the star of your pages? Grandkids are popular and beautiful subjects.

Now that five participants have broken the ice, the others can join in. Don't be shy!

Yes Cassel, my granddaughter will be the Star. I have a couple of other pics of her but she is always lookin downward.

this is the best so far. I'm lost here as a beginner. I tried to click on beginner -Module 4 but it keeps telling me to login when I am already logged in.  Help?

I tried to click on beginner -Module 4 but it keeps telling me to log in when I am already logged in.  Help?

Wendy, the Modules are part of a paid course. That is not the same as the Bootcamp. That might be why you cannot access it?

Hello  boot campers, I'm not shy, just a bit late introducing myself.  I did the very first boot camp in 2019.  These are some of the first  photos I've taken this year of returning migratory birds. Native American Tree Sparrows. I will show case them along with  some bee shots,  I took last summer.

Hello my name is Paul, this is the first time I've posted here so I don't know if I'm doing this right. I've used PSP since the days of Jasc, started with version 7 and fairly recently invested in Corel 2021. I hope to use some photos of my garden in this workshop like the one I hope I manage to post with this message. I set my workspace to dark grey, untabbed documents, classic materials palette and layers palette.

OK. I changed my workspace to medium grey whereas before I had been using dark grey. I think I will try this change to see how I deal with it as we work on the Bootcamp project. I always use a ruler on my images and projects as it helps me get things in perspective. I changed the layers palette to floating - I had always used as docked but sometimes it gets in the way and this way I will be able to move it around. I am not sure what pictures I will use for the Bootcamp, but I had reserved quite a few when I was doing the Love Challenge and so I will probably use some of them that were not used in the Love Challenge. I am uploading 2 that I will possibly use. One is a view of the Route home to Memphis on a trip we took in 2007 and he other one is of Joe, Laurie & Lucy on a snowy day in 2019.

I had a lot of fun with the layers. When I moved the layers over to the plate in my PSP X9, they moved there easily and then I noticed they were all titled raster layer 1, 2.... So, I renamed them, bread, lettuce, etc. as on the original. It made it easier to find the layer I wanted when editing. Of course, I also got hungry for just such a sandwich. Thank you for a great tutorial about layers., one can really do a lot with them.

Welcome again, Sue! I knew we would see some beautiful bird photos!

Wendy, you took a break from eating that sandwich? :) Good idea.

Paul, that looks like a large garden, is it? And yes, you posted the image correctly in your post.

Mary, that will be cool if you can "continue" an album with pages on the same topic. Why not?

Anita, that is a good trick to rename your layers. Did you end up getting yourself a real sandwich after?

I served this lunch last "semester" and liked it so much I'm having it again! ;-)

As you can see, I don't like my pickles on my sandwich, so I put them on the side. The silverware was colored with a gradient and I can't eat a sandwich that isn't cut. The bread and the tablecloth fill patterns shown are all from PSP. I added the red color to the plates and cup and got creative and added toothpicks.

AND here is my lesson for today: New Kid on the Block. I did our newest, a boy, Logan, who was born Feb 6. The two girls each have their own New Kid scrap page. Maybe I'll post all 3.

This kit is called Sweet Baby Boy. (I've been collecting baby kits, obviously.) The title font is Baby Oliva. So here are all my great grands in one post.

EDIT: Geez, I just found another one I did for my daughter's new dog. LOL Guess I like this layout! So here's New Dane in Town.

Thank you Carole, I'm so predictable,  :-) and  again I hope I wont disappoint. Many  of you in campus will know me and my style of creativity.  Mainly, I think for my photos, which I showcase.  I've been psping for many years, I found  the campus almost 6 yrs ago. Which is an absolute gem of a site for anyone who uses PSP. Which helped me  no end in improving the  greeting cards for every occasion, and calendars, using my photos. We had a fall of snow  on the 12th, the same day some of the Migratory birds arrived.  I bet they were thinking to themselves,  :-)   'we should have  waited a little longer before leaving the warmer climes.  I followed the  layout from the tutorial,  framed the photo, used an overlay on the background gradient paper. The green strip of paper is also a gradient. I have very few kits, so tend to create my own papers, but I did find the elements on the web.

Well, OK. Looks like we are all getting creative with the sandwich and the plate. I did also. Ann Seeber - how did you color the plate white and the edge red? I haven't learned that trick yet!

I changed everything up: No meat or onions as I chose a cheese sandwich on toast with Miracle Whip (I like it better than mayo). I put coffee in the cup and changed the cutlery to silver (grey from the Cool Neutral color palette and adjusted it with hue 0, saturation 25 & lightness 15 and saved that setting as a preset); I changed the dinnerware to white porcelain (but note my msg to Ann Seeber - would have liked to change the rims to silver but I don't know how to do that!)

The table cloth is white damask - pattern Corel 08-018 (I think it was called floral) and put a white layer underneath and changed the opacity to 46. Oh, the cheese was created on a vector layer - rectangle.