Love Story Challenge 2021

Cassel

Wow, beautiful, beautiful layouts have been posted here. Great work, Everyone!

I am getting behind, and only today I could finish my Day 3 layout. I was playing with the mask and couldn't stop.

Last year, there were not many places my husband and I felt comfortable going, as we wanted to avoid crowds as much as possible. So for this challenge, I am only using photos from two places.

The butterflies are brushes with the kaleidoscope pattern.

Credits:

Melo Vrijhof: Template with a few tweaks --

KAagard: pattern2 paper "Great Outdoors" kit / Jul17CCM Border Stitches1

Belly Gypsy: Alpha "Frontier"

Fonts: Decomart FF 4F - Typewriter

Beautiful pages Cristina, I particularly like this last one, with the hessian fabric.   Hessian sacks used to be used to  store fleeces of wool, at sheering time, and  I used to get my horses feed in those sacks too when I was a child. Of course these days they have  all been replaced by plastic ones. Wonderful to see you back participating in this challenge.

Sue, thank you so much for your kind and supportive comment, dear friend. <3 ... I am also happy to participate again in the challenges. : )

I love this hessian fabric look, and I guess I have used this paper a dozen times... I look at different outdoors/adventure kits I have, and in the end, I almost always end up choosing this one. : D

Day 4- It was fun to create my own mask. The projects always take me a while because I have so much to learn about the whole program. Carole thank you for the extra tutorial on how to install brushes. It was very helpful because I did not have a clue! I look forward to taking the basic scrapbook class.  P.S.- On my Day 3 challenge the words were actually written on the plate by our server at the restaurant. I just had to take a picture, because it was so beautifully done!

I thought I posted this picture but it didn't show up. The picture is from my daughter in law, and the snow is from a snow png that I created. I downloaded the skis from Pixabay, recolored them and made them cross. I made the outside from from PSP Reflections, Pattern and then used inner bevel. The snowflakes are from a free site.

I am looking at each page and loving them everyone!

Here is my day 4.  This time mostly made from things I have gathered from here and there.  2021 is being very naughty with the larger files.  I could never explain them all but to name just one the program refuses to apply what I tell it to do unless the layer is at the very top.  Very frustrating but I really do not feel up to going into all the glitches I have found with Corel support.

Carole one thing I wanted to point out is when I created my hide all mask layer the black layer was created but the white would not paint the mask.  I finally gave up and just drew out a selection and flood filled with white then flood filled a layer under with black and merged then used it for a mask from image.  When I came back and opened the file later it worked fine.  Hopefully it will work fine with day 5 because I am excited to try that one.  This one is kind of blah to me.

As usual I'm running late.  I've been able to watch each day's tutorial but only now have the time to try. So, starting with day 1.  My first question is, how did you get that beautiful stroke at the end of the word Xavier. I have no idea how to do that, it looks so great, like real handwriting. My "r" when I try that word just stops there!

Hi Shirley, a sweet page this one and a lovely background paper to tone in. I love how you have included the black and white photos ... kinda like the old and the new. ;) And, thanks for the welcome back my friend, mojo has returned ... for now! :(

For your PSP issue it should be under View, scroll down to Toolbars and make sure that Standard is ticked. If this doesn't work then it is definitely a Cassel fix-it job ... ;D

You know what I have found Shirl ... older fingers do strange things, gads but it can be annoying. I do have the shakes a little and my touch tone is sure not what it used to be but I will be working away ... concentrating deeply as you do ... and then all of a sudden I will look up and, ta-da, something has disappeared or appeared. Does this happen to you or am I alone with this peculiar affliction which I call ... transition to dementia!? LOL!

Stay well my friend ... New Zealand has become a symbol of hope for the rest of the world to aspire to! <3

After a lot of trouble with the brushes that caused PSP to close on me a couple of times and with the help of Carole I finally got there! Here is my day 4. I once made a helicopter ride over the region in which the mountain cabin from day 2 is located. This is one of the photos I took about that. In the photo you can see the shade of the rotorblades.

In the mean time there are so many new posts it took me some time to go through all of them and it are way to many to comment on all separately. So very nice work from all of you, it was a treat to look at them after all the troubles.

Cassel:  You'd ask if I planned on making two of my pages a double page.  And, I guess the answer is no because I don't plan to print anything.  Everything I make goes into a folder titled "The Neverending Scrapbook" which is sorted by subject (e.g. my grandchildren, my parents, etc) and year.  They can be seen individually by either scrolling or as a slideshow.

Which made me think of something else:  in my experience, things that look really great digitally aren't nearly as visually interesting when printed--I make Christmas and birthday cards for my grandchildren and they all look kind of flat when I print them.  Though I suppose the end result probably has something to do with the printer and type of paper one uses.