January Theme Challenge - REUNIONS

Cassel

Theme-Reunions.jpg

Although 2020 was not much of a year for reunions, we certainly have memories and stories of past reunions, whether they were family reunions, friends gatherings, sports parties, or old classmates reunions.

We will surely see at least one pickleball layout this month, but how about others? ;)

Let's go!

Maybe I will work on this in January.  We had 2 reunions of my grandparents descendants in their home town in Upper Michigan (Bessemer).  The last one was in 2012 and we had people from Georgia, Tennessee, Minnesota, Nevada, Illinois, as well as those who stayed around in Michigan and Wisconsin.  They were great and I had made a 2 volume album of newspaper clippings and photographs of the grandparents, relatives and friends from my Aunt Lena's scrapbooks which she had kept up from about 1916 to the 1950's.  These were a great hit with the cousins from my generation and the next.  So we shall see what I come up with (know it should be at least several pages).  My daughter-in-law, Laurie, made up a video which we emailed to participants.  Reunions are lots of fun.

I made this a long time ago using a template from Cassel (it might have been one of the labs). It's wasn't technically a reunion as we got together for my aunt's birthday. However, many of us hadn't seen each other for years so I'm calling it a reunion. :)

Anne - you inspired me!  Your take on Reunions helped me to find a background and to condense all that happened at that reunion into 1 page (I had been thinking several pages).  So - I used a background and overlay that I obtained from Pixel Scrapper (Gina Jones)- I reduced the opacity on the overlay way down; I created a license plate and saved it as pspimage so that I could use it for all the different license plates; the ribbon behind the license plates and the papers behind the pictures and text are from Cass_Fire and Ice; the paper behind the 3 small pictures are from Pixel Scrapper (Marisa Lerin); the car is an element from my stash.  I used the same font from the list (sorry don't remember which one) for both the title and the text beside the 3 small pictures.  I did remember to do drop shadows this time!!!  It was fun.

Nicely done  Mary.  I opened your picture in another program so I could enlarge it enough to see the patterns.  I went with the background I used because it was around the 4th of July.  In looking at it again, I think I should have toned it down a bit. Great idea using the little cars and license plates to show how many places your family traveled from.