What are you working on (in January 2021)?

Cassel

This is another little bird that is endemic to Eastern Australia, the Superb Fairy-wren.  Habitat ranges from South Queensland to South Australia's Adelaide region, as well as throughout Tasmania.  Males are easily distinguished from females by their distinctive colourings: mostly blue with a black band across their back and head.  I used the scrap kit Bright and Cheerful by Gina Jones from Pixel Scrappers.  The layout was also from a template by Gina Jones.  Thanks for takin a peek.  ;D

Annie what a nice and colorful birds you have in Australia, I'm getting envious. And your page is as always superb! I still have a lot to learn but okay I started out only last march....... I have not done much this month,  I ran a bit out of inspiration after all the calender work and christmas cards. Besides there were a lot of other things that needed my attention. I mostly scrap in the evening, but that is also the time that I can skype with my daughter and grandkids in the States and the girls can of course always interrupt what I'm doing. So there passes evenings that I'm helping with homework (they still have homescholing) by listening to a bookchapter they have to read, doing maths or just chatting to kill the time until their next call is due. Isn't it nice to be able to do so despite the great distance there is between us!

I have installed the Laplacian Enhanched plugin and I was able to install the 64bits with Edge; Chrome is a no go. Here is a before and after example of it on a (boring) photo.

Anne: the sunrise layout would make a beautiful card. How you framed Steve & Phoebe is lovely and really highlights them.

Minka: great layout of the Ospreys. We have one here in NW FL that builds a nest on top of a telephone pole overlooking the bayou every year. Liking the note papers you have made. Henri is such a special friend and your layout does him justice. Maybe you should have the "puzzle" printed out so that you can put it together again. Great idea using it. Having raised wild animals myself, you are correct in them becoming wild. I love what you did with your circle doodles. You did a great job with the selective focus on the deer. I will have to try the Laplacien plug-in if it does as great a job as it did on the subway system. That is beautiful. Awesome idea to use the Year in Review for a different type of project. Love the pictures you used.

Ann: love your page with the blues and golds. Really makes tshe oriole stand out in the pictures. Pink Sky Before Dawn is a fantastic page. The background works well with the colors in the photo while the blue and red papers with the trees add just the right spot of bright color. You did an outstanding job on extracting the tufted titmouse. A Family Affair is a wonderful take on the assignment "Friends." You have chosen just the right colors for the background, extra papers and elements to showcase the birds. Your granddaughter deserves all the thanks we can give you and then that would not be enough. You have done a beautiful layout for her and I know she will appreciate it.

Sue: the flax card is so gorgeous. I like how you enlarged a portion of it the place the quote by Helen Keller. A most appropriate quote. The viola quote layout is superb. The gold frame and title work so well to capture the colors in the flower. Black capped chickadee is so cute all puffed up to keep warm. The frame is perfect and I enjoy reading about the birds. Red breasted nuthatch is wonderful. The gold and brown colors of the photo pop against the blue-grey gradient.

Lynda: Wonderful out-of-bounds with the tulip and daffodil (but your tulips do look a lot like poppies). You did a fantastic job with the photo split script. I like how you then sued the lifted photo script. Nice job on doing the layout to commemorate the inauguration.

Val: thank you for the comment on my bird layout. You did great with Lab 7 Mod 2. Only you would put a fire under my nephew's feet. LOL. You did great.

Bonnie: cute "elf on a shelf" layout.

Raymond: great job on your Valentine's Day animation. Changing the background and elements from your Christmas layout made for a totally new look.

Michele: always look forward to seeing your gaming pics. All three are excellent, though I have to say my favorite is Sunday Stripes.

Cristina: it is lovely to see you again. I am in awe of your travel layout. It is a wonderful way to show off those pictures from far away places. And the set up is such that you can use it for other trips as well.

Annie: amazing layout. The patchwork of colors and patterns and spiral design really draw your eye in to focus on the birds. Lovely picture and interesting information on them. Like Minka, I have never heard of them before. Great job on picking a background for your fairy wren. I almost could not tell where one ended and one began (the shadow helped). The blue elements coordinate so well with the blue on the wren's head.

Corrie: thanks for the heads up on the plug-in and Edge. It really did a great job making the museum picture pop.

Minka: Love the circle with the snow and the birds. I couldn't get the Laplacien to download, but I love what you did! Your year in review is perfect. Love the old ship!

Annie: Love how you put together the layout so the Tawny Frogmouths are the center of attention. Your clusters rock. OMGoodness!!! I love love love the Fairy-wren. Your layout is gorgeous and really brings out the blue on his head and cheeks.

Raymond: Very cool. Love how you added your animated Happy Val's Day.

Ann S: Please give a big virtual hug to your granddaughter. It is awesome that she is helping out. Your layout is a great tribute to her.

Corrie: Thanks for the head's up about using Edge... I use Chrome and I bet that is why I couldn't get it downloaded correctly!

Karon: Batman is awesome! Love the way you put Robin in there with Batman., Your Phone Tech is so crisp and clear. Is that you as a teenager on the beach? I like how you made it look like you are looking thru a window.

Raymond, about Animation Shop, I don't know why you get redirected or something, but this program is no longer available "legally" online. I have been trying to convince Corel to make it available, in one way or another since I have heard that it still works, even with Windows 10 (I can't confirm myself because I don't have it installed but I could if needed). Corel bought JASC and that means they also bought Animation Shop. I would not say that Photo-Mirage has replaced Animation Shop, mostly because it does not do the same thing at all. Photo-Mirage has only been developed 3 years ago (or so) while AnimationShop is at least 15 years (it was bundled with PSP9).

Dear Corrie, thank you very much my friend. I think each country probably has their fair share of beautiful birds. I'm not sure why but I decided to do some pages on Australia's birds ... especially the ones that are endemic to Australia. Who knows ... that may come to an end when something else strikes my fancy ... I am a bit fickle like that, :) As for Skype it is sure one of the things that is a technological plus ... others not so much. I can definitely see the difference with using the Laplacian filter, takes the darkness out of the inner corner and makes it easier to see what is in there. Looking forward to seeing more of your work Corrie. Stay safe and well my friend. ;D

Karon, thank you so much for your words of encouragement on my layout. They mean a lot to me.

Your pages are lovely! You always show us great and creative layouts from the Lab tutorials/experiments. Great work!... I am still waiting for some inspiration for me to go back to the Lab tutorials. : )

Annie, what a beautiful layout! I love the background color combined with the patterned papers/titles...  By the way, this is a very handsome cockatoo! : ) ...Through the layouts posted here, we can learn a lot about other countries.

Raymond: thank you so much. The feeling is reciprocated.

Annie: thanks my friend. I love Kimeric's kits as well and was devastated to hear about her passing. Her significant has had them for sale, adding one or two a month, on MyMemories with proceeds going to benefit her children. I check it out to see if there are any I don't have. Adore your Gang-gang cockatoo layout. So very colorful and the information is fantastic. I learn so much from your layouts.

Cristina: thank you. You have always been an inspiration to me and you always know just what to say.