What are you working on (in January 2021)?

Cassel

Well dear Campers, I did get this one completed today.  The layout is from a Kate Pertiet template with a few minor adjustments.  These little flowers are native to a very small area of Australia and photographers come from all over the world to capture their beauty when they bloom ... which is infrequent as it must be 1 year after a bushfire followed by rain.  For that they are definitely in the right area of Australia!  The petals are fluffy like a ducklings down.  The wordart was fun to do on WordArt.com but I think it would be much better displayed on a solid background ... this is just too busy.  But there you have it ... something a little different from my usual style.  Thanks for takin a peek my friends.  ;D

Karon, you should be proud of your sons and their commitment to keeping the values of the United States alive. When I look back upon the decision to make serving in the military optional, I think that was a mistake. I also think giving up to 50% of the citizens the right not to pay any income taxes at all was a mistake as well. I don't care how little that should be it would have required them to put a little "skin in the game". I can remember my father doing his own income taxes and writing a check for $400-$500.00. While I'm sure it was a burden it also made him more proud to do so.

Thank you for writing.

Raymond

Dear Raymond,

Thanks for your post concerning our political turmoil.  Thanks for your service.  Two of my sons served in the military.  Please keep posting - I love your contributions starting with your redo of your daughter's photo of her youth.  I'm hoping to get back to the forum with 2 projects I am working on, but have not finished.

Raymond: Thank you. I am really proud of them both. The former Marine is now working with the Army and the former sailor is now a nuclear technician. Both have done good. I don't know if you recall the U.S.S. Greenville; but he was on that sub when it happened.

Annie thank you!!! I read you did win in the bootcamp draw a couple of days ago. Do you already know what you are going to buy in the store? Lucky you.

Karon thank you. It took me some time to come up with the idea how to make this layout without any photos or embellishments. Your Kings Cross I lovely.

Ann S - Your Bootcamp memories are great. I like your computer with the scrapbook logo on it. Wow - your new bridge layout is a neat way to show the bridge off. YAAAA an Owl! Your page works well with the limbs coming out and the colors. Your family one makes me smile. Great granddaughter? No way. You are too young for that. I'm sure they will love your layout and I can't wait to see the ones you do of your great grandson.

Annie T - I like your transparency use. I tried to install the plug-in but I can't get it work. Of course being a bird lover, your cockatoo is great. You really bring out the colors of the bird in your blocks. Your word art is unique. I love how you were able to use different sized fonts. Beautiful pink and white flower layout. I have never seen a flower like that before. Thanks for posting the layout.

Raymond - Thank you for your service. My father was in the Air Force and I have many relatives in the military. Please continue to post your layouts. I think this is a great place for me to learn about scrapbooking and PSP from others.

In January... I'm still working on labs.  I have to post my ugly button.  I laughed so hard when I finished.   I had the right idea, just not the right dimensions and didn't catch it until the end. I just have to share it so you can smile as well.