What are you working on (in January 2021)?

Cassel

Hello Campus Friends.  I have been asked about the Transparency filter/plugin and what I use it for so here is an explanation and an example.  I use the plugin mostly for overlays and brushes/stamps.  I search on the net for a nice abstract background paper (or whatever takes my fancy ... freebie of course!).  If it is not in black and white then I colorize it using hue/saturation.  If it is not square it doesn't matter because I open a new image 3600x3600, select all, copy the black and white image and paste into the selection.  It will be distorted but as I am using it as an overlay it doesn't matter.   Then comes the fun part using the plugin Transparency (which I have loaded into Filters Unlimited).  In the example below I have elected to eliminate black ... it is now ready for use.  For the example I added a new raster layer, coloured it with a colour of choice (yellow), took that layer below the overlay and used the blend mode of soft light.  Then I added a texture.  Once you start playing around with it there a just so many overlays, papers and brushes you can create with it.

P.S. No matter what I tried to do the pic showed up in reverse but I am sure you will get the drift, LOL!

Oh Lynda, that really did bring tears to my eyes. What a beautiful poem and obviously by a beautiful person. I have never heard of her but I will be following her progress now. This Campus has good souls and for that I am eternally grateful. Very lovely tribute Lynda, thank you. :) :) :)

I thought the members of my gaming group were going to hate this, but I couldn't have been more wrong. I never know with them; that's one reason I'm always trying different styles. Usually, it just takes on a life of its own every day. I took the original fashion illustration by Sunny Gu and there were lots of selections, borders, duplicating, and resizing. I was very happy with the flower pattern I managed to extract from the original; I'm not usually that lucky. Used a simple font called Coverface SE as everything else was so busy.

Any constructive criticism is appreciated.

Cassel: I got the email that you had released Annie's post but when I clicked on the link in the email it dropped me on What are You Working on (January) page that was blank, with no posts... ?? I finally had to use a bookmark I had for the previous page to see any posts at all.....

Cassel: Interested to see if you get this post. I posted a question to you and when I hit SUBMIT it dropped me back on the blank page again....... I tried in Edge and Firefox with the same result each time... ???

Edit: I see it showed up when I posted this and now it shows previous page numbers, which it didn't before.. *shrug*

Annie Tobin, I received an email notification with your lovely words, but I don't see your post here. Thanks so much.

"Annie Tobin wrote:

Perfect Michele ... my eyes were immediately drawn to the subject which was definitely not overpowered.  Love it my friend.  ;)

Post Link: https://scrapbookcampus.com/Community/topic/what-are-you-working-on-in-january-2021/page/9/#post-52168"

To Diamond Members:

I have sat here and read all the laudable details about Joe Biden and Kamala Harris. I did not vote for him.  I voted for Donald Trump. If you want to support a man who was at a meeting on January 5, 2017 while he was still Vice President and discussed plans to essentially destroy a man’s Presidency when he was not even going to be inaugurated for 15 more days then you do not know his history. A Democratic party who dredged up a total lie about “Russian collusion”, which has since been discovered was financed by Hillary Clinton, illegally outed hundreds of people by the CIA by unmasking their names on confidential telephone calls, took advice from Fiona Hill, a member of the last impeachment who was well aware of the lies of the British spy, Daniel Steele, that is your right, both as citizens of other countries and those of the USA but I for one am not proud of it.

Joe Biden, who in one day signed a decree letting go 92,000 illegal aliens who just happened to be convicted of crimes by juries and judges and we think that is wise, has to be judged on their criminal activity in the future. By the stroke of his signature he told thousands of union workers who were working on the Keystone XL pipeline to go home, your job has been cancelled without consulting Canada at all and which will result in an immediate tax increase on every gallon of gas we buy, was that a compassionate decision?

I, for one, raised my hand and took the oath of office to “uphold and defend the constitution of the United States” and spent six years of my life in the U.S. Army, have the right to a different opinion and now I am supposed to be “re-educated” because my views are dangerous? We are so close to losing the first Amendment of the Bill of Rights, which is freedom of speech and why I am taking the time to write this. If it is your wish that I never post another comment on this web site again, then so be it. If I am not welcome because I am a conservative and proud of it, I will gladly leave.

Sincerely,

Raymond Easley

Played around with another today my campus friends.  All my own work but I did not create the poppy flower just tubed it and the photo is from Australian Geographic.  The leaves I created by following a tutorial by Carole ... just can't remember which one.  The lace corners are actually an overlay that was created using Transparency.  Font used for the title is Siti Maesaroh and layout is my own.  All papers were created using overlays.  Thanks for takin a peek!  ;D

Trying the Basic Scrap Course again, just for layout ideas. This is Project #1 which I titled: Our New Bridge. It's about 45 minutes from me towards New York City and I think it's very handsome! I used the suggested kit: HeatherT-Love Spoken Here. I changed a lot of the colors (as usual) and filled the frames with a wood tile pattern. Didn't like the arrow so found a different one in my "stash." The photos are by Glenn Smith from the Hudson Valley in Pictures group. The alphas are from the kit but I changed their colors. The font is Harrington. Dunno what happened to my text but when I scaled down the vector text blew up full size of the page! LOL I backed out and reset the text to raster and hid the vector. Then it worked ok. ;-)