BOOTCAMP November 2020

Cassel

Hi Carole,

I watched the New Kid on the Block tut Project 1. The tut said that kit was no longer available, so I used what I had on my computer. I need more graphic. I have no illusion that I could draw what I need. Looking at the previous posting, was I suppose to work with the sandwich. I watched the tut, I think, moved on to project 1. Let me know if I need to go back and work the sandwich.  Thanks in advance for your help. De

Ah, De, that is because you are ahead, so to speak. Tomorrow, with that project, you will have links to other supplies you can download if you want (or you can use other kits you have already). I would LOVE to see your sandwich. I love seeing everyone's sandwiches and read all the stories about them too. It is so fun. Did you make a sandwich? Or maybe you ate it all?

It's Day 2 of Bootcamp - and I have already learned two new things - yippee!!!!! I am going to follow the lessons, verbatim, even though I was itching to place a background and add some shading and detail . . . I did make my plate more oval . . . and just realized what else I could have done, while staying in the perameters of this lesson . . .now to fix a cup of coffee and enjoy my sandwich.

Oops, I have a tendency to do things back ass ward. Anyway, I when back and did the sandwich with a few mods. Where's the cheese?? Good thing I have a dishwasher for the extra dinnerware. I didn't know we were suppose to put a story with it, but my husband and I have been on a modified Keto diet. We've both lost 80 lbs. Fun! Thanks for your help. De

My Keto Plate

Euka, you can still join if you want. Otherwise, you are more than welcome to browse and comment and let yourself be inspired.

Priscilla, I am curious; where was that photo taken? I hope you will add those details when it is time to showcase it in a scrapbook page. So, you prefer your veggies on a separate plate?

Shirley, I reuploaded the Sandwich exercise and the Table file should now be compatible with PSP9.

Anne L, what did you add in your sandwich? Did you add more meat? It is definitely ok to add a placemat.

Jacques, welcome to the Campus, and you are correct: if you have a question, just ask!

Vicki, you are welcome to tweak the exercises to add a touch of creativity. It can also serve as a way to practice some tips if you add elements, and it makes for fun stories too!

Sandra, tasty sandwich! I can also go without the onions and pickles myself!

De, I just find those stories so much fun. I think you are the first one to do a "keto sandwich" :)

Pat, customizing PSP allows you to make it feel like what you are used to. When you get an error, are you uploading a jpg or a pspimage file? the forum will only take jpg or png. You will get an error if it is something else. Did you save the image as a jpg file first?

As I mentioned before, I have participated a few times in the previous Bootcamp Challenges, so I always take the opportunity to practice different tutorials that Carole offers on the Diamond Membership.

This time I created an Eyelet pattern paper and added tons of food! I used some of Cassel's Picture Tubes: Burger Toppings and Metallic Rope

Day 3.  I downloaded one of the suggested kits and used some of the elements for this project.  Mother was a generous loving person, but boy did she love to get presents.  It didn't need too be expensive, but it better not be to practical either. NO ONE dared to get her a vacuum or iron for Christmas.

I have really enjoyed seeing every one's pages.  They are really awesome!

Mine is of carving pumpkins on Halloween day.

I made the background papers.  The colorful one is from the Master Class called “A Beautiful Mess’ by Cassel.   The kit elements came from a kit called a Bootiful Night from Designs by Stina.

This is my second attempt at this project. I used some of the stuff in the kit. As you can probable tell I'm already ready for spring. I have a small garden, but I love all flowers. I walk around my neighborhood and snap pics of other people flowers, but this pic is mine.  I'm reposting the first attempt on the bottom. I liked the first attempt the best, but I thought it might be to busy. Are there any composition rules for scrap-booking? Also I can not figure out how to un-tab the view, so you can see more than one picture at a time. I know it's probable very simple. Thanks in advance for your help.

Spring is here!

2nd attempt above, 1 attempt below.

First Attempt

My name is Linda, and I am just getting started here....late, I know.

I did the Bootcamp a year or two ago, I learned lots, and hope to learn even more. I will be using 2019. I like the med gray with a white background.

But I have 3 tabs at the top! Manage, Adjust and Edit?

I am not yet sure what photos I will be using.

Linda

I am really struggling with this! I have tried downloading kits. When I click on them it takes me to another page I have to join. I joined then I get taken to another page to join. The kit I wanted I cant get. I have been at this for over two hours. I sure hope this gets easier. I wish my computer did not crash and make me loose everything I had. Im am getting so flustered.

For my Day 3, Project I, I returned to the Gulf of Mexico, on Florida's western shore, where I often went during the colder winter months. I dusted off an old kit I made a few years ago, called Caladesi Island Adventure. this was an area my brother, Charles and I often went for photo shoots. I happened to have two scatters in that kit - one, floral and the other shells. I used Carole's free basic ric rac script to alter the trim slightly. I took the photo one evening at New Port Richie, arriving just as fishing boats were heading back to sea at sunset . . . this fellow turned on his lights as he passed the city limits, and entered the Gulf waters

Day 3 - Project #1

I took this photo at the Arc de Triomphe in Paris,Day 3 Project #1 Arc de Triomphe, Paris France where my husband and I had gone to celebrate our 40th wedding anniversary. The couple standing under the Arc, as well as celebrating 40 years of marriage, reminded of Robert Browning's quote “Grow old along with me! The best is yet to be, the last of life, for which the first was made."

Priscilla