BOOTCAMP November 2020

Cassel

My computer or PSP 2021 decided to give me grief the past couple of days - I thought I would have to go to 2018 to finish Project 3, but finally thwarted it. I used an old kit of mine with a camping theme as I worked with these 4 beautiful people at Yogi Bear's Jellystone Park in New York's Catskill Mountains. Jean was my mentor when I first started working there in 2018, and her husband, Ron, managed the outside, seasonal employees. They retired in 2012, just before the park was sold to a huge corporation. The new owners prefer to hire college students through the J-1 Visa Program - an international exchange program, where the students pay their own way to work at various locations, in different capacities. Our park is a RV resort - hence the camping there.

riverside Creamery is a great place to take friends. I took our Chinese students, Katina and Sabrina there for a treat on a day off we had together, and they were generally enthralled. No plasticware there - all old-fashioned glassware and metal silverware. They had only seen such a place in old movies. I suggested they try different things to sample each other's, which they did. Katina's only remorse was that her grandmother would never be able to enjoy such an experience and the best ice cream they had ever tasted.

I took the photos, and rearranged the LO a bit. I also used Carole's old-chain tube to hang my sign. I used the fonts, Two Cent MT, Sweets Delight and Black Tea.

Thank you again, Carole - it was sure enjoyable to use some of your great shortcuts!

Hi All,

Still finding the buttons and levers on this program.

Am on the West Coast Canada and this summer we had short infestation of the Western Hemlock Looper moth.

The colours and subtle pattern, that I love, remind me of a gypsy skirt. The beige door and the steel jam it was on matched its own colours.

Since creating, I have found the feather button that I could have used on the side bars of colour to soften the edges.

Was nice to feel I produced something.

Linda J.W. Great way to display those old photos. They always need to be cherished as we rarely have many of them. On your title, assuming that the letters were cut out from paper, could use a shadow to give it some thickness.

Raymond, it is quite ok to change the theme from flowers to birds! I have a suggestion for you. NOTHING to do with "improving" something that needs fixing, but the font you are using might be a perfect font to apply a chrome effect. Fonts that are thin and even all the way, are often great for a wire effect. Keep that font in mind if you ever want a wire effect!

Vicki, what can I say other than "yummy"!!!?

Rootbear, welcome to the Campus and the Bootcamp. If you find a different element (button or others) and you want to resubmit the project, you are welcome to do so. It can also be interesting to see the change that one or two elements can make. I think you could use a bit more shadows on the paper elements to give them more definition. (be careful as some pieces seemed to have slipped from the top of the image).

I have had a lot of trouble with this tutorial. This is my second attempt at it. CTRL Y did not work for me as well as my material palette did not give me the options of category. I could not get to another palette to find my glitter paper. So I could not do the flood fill. Would this be because I am using a trial version of PSP? As far as being able to post I had to slide in on another persons email post. When I click on the forum it takes me back to September.

I think I found it? Effects---Artistic Effects---Chrome........I changed the color to one of the default settings, used the dropper tool to see what specific color that was and after locking the transparency layer added that color to the Element "B". I did notice one of the default colors had a "wire" type of effect. Is that what you meant?

Pat, whether you have a trial version or a paid version, it is the same and all the tools should work the same. There might be a different setting that is causing the tools to work differently than what you expect. Can you share a screenshot of the Material palette that does not have categories?

Raymond, for the pinked edges, did you click on the corners to get the whole length of the paper with the even cutout? It looks like you might have done it like with scissors: piece by piece.

Shirley, check the tutorial HERE about the Fill tool. It might be the Mode setting that is different than mine. Great colors on your Family layout!

Cindy, you are doing great with your layout! Did you compare that with your very first layout? You have come quite a way from that first one.

Anne L, candles can be hard to photograph and you did a great job. You had fun with those pinked edges?

Priscilla, beautiful photos and a great layout. I would personally use a narrower and darker shadow on the photos as the blurred shadows give the impression that the photos are floating a little.

Carole, on the Eraser tool I used a rotation of 25 on the middle one instead of 45. I liked the way it was sort of "uneven". I did use the Shift tool to make it go end to end but on an end it may have left a point or spike? so I snipped it off here and there. On the upper one I used a rotation of 75. I wanted to make it a little uneven and see what would happen. Thank you for asking.

I really liked that eraser edge tip, Carole! I can see lots of potential with that for great photo edges!!!

I have really been enjoying all the diversity shown in the layouts here at Boot Camp - thank you so much, Carole, for making this opportunity for us. I have recommended it to several friends, who like me, have been on outdated programs for years and need to get up-to-date.

Here's my project 4. With the exception of the photos and photo elements (all my own photos), the papers were created for this challenge, using the photos as a base. The stone background photo paper is a photo I took from the side of the church. Because of the topic, I opted against using different colors in my title, but I am comfortable with doing so, as Carole knows. I added noise to the background instead of a separate scatter, and included some of the beautiful stained-glass windows as elements. I did add a contrast white shadow to my text as I could not find a good color to use due to the color variations in the stone.

Day 9 Project 4

For this project I used a few old and a more recent photo. I made a border around the black and white photo, but a serrated edge was not beautiful.

I also took a selection from a photo for the bottom background that I took underwater with my GoPro.

I have added a few elements to that.

Here too I left out the serrated edge, I tried it first but was not satisfied.

At the top I kept it simple, downloaded a few elements from Pixelscrapper and finally a nice title.

I also had problems with the "flood fill" but your response in Scrapbook Campus solved the problem.

Caren, thank you for your quick response and I downloaded the PDF to review later.

When you are 76 you need a lot of reference work because memorization is getting more and more difficult.

But I enjoy every new case.