What are you working on (in September 2020)?

Cassel

Date-09-2020.png

It is a new month and new projects.

Show off what you are working on in September, be it a scrapbook page, a tutorial, or anything else you want.

We are curious and want to see, learn and get inspired.

These threads are quickly becoming a fantastic source of inspiration, support, and friendship. Keep them coming!

Only today, I was able to finish the layout to practice the Lab10-Module 08 tutorials (Split Photo - Simple Blocking - Diamond Template). It took me a long time to create the background paper, finding colors... I created many papers, and nothing was pleasing me, but in the end, I came up with something to post here.

Template: Lab10-Module 02

Cassel: Flair (Creative Scrap>Miscelanneous>Flair Button) - Adhesive Tape Script

Pixel Scrapper: Overlays by Sheila Reid: ledger paper - micro butterflies - tiny flowers - transparent misted - quatrafoil

Fonts: Bayer - Keishue - Candy Round BTN

What a delightful page you created Cristina.  The template is one of my favourites to use.  We must have been thinking  along the same lines, as I love the colours you used in the  background  paper.  A hint of Autumnal colours seeping through.  which is what I used in this image.  This female is feeding  3 young with her partner, once the young are able they will leave, all the others have long gone, along with the Hummingbirds that left  on the 30th.

Hi Sue. I'm really enjoying your bird photos and layouts! I now have a big gang of sparrows that are flying around my neighborhood in a large group..like a gang of rowdy children!

I'm admiring the elegant frame on your goldfinch layout. Is it just a setting in Effects?

My latest creation is for my great grand's photobooth pix. It's from a Scrap Girls kit, Eve; following the Beginners Scrapbook Project #1 - New Kid on the Block. I thought I'd add a frame..the pale gray of the paper tends to drift off into the web page..

EDIT: added a border

Thank you April, and Ann for your kind comments on my  photo and layout,  it's always much appreciated.   Ann,    you are reffering to the outer frame.  Once I was happy with the page, I saved it, an proceeded to create the  narrow border frame, using add borders.  I used a colour not in the project. I then used the magic wand  to select the border, and flood filled with  the pattern I created.  I decreased the size several times until I was happy with it.  I created the pattern using one of Carole's bead tubes.  Bronze bead. A single bead on a  a 100x 100 pixel layer.   Located the pattern in patters and flood filled,  slight inner bevel and drop shadow.

Dear Sue, Dawn, and Libera thank you so much for your kind comments and words of encouragement. I appreciated it very much. <3

Sue, you were the one that introduced me to this template not long ago, and I love it. Since then, this is already the second or the third time I used it. I always tweak it a bit, enlarging the photos' size by about 110%.

Both of your works are awesome! ... And don't forget the Goldfinch's words: "Next time, just two shots!" ;)

Dear Dawn, this year, everything is different, and we enjoy every opportunity to be outside but away from a crowd. :) Best wishes to you too.

Ann, lovely layouts, and Sonya Anne is adorable!

Beginners Scrapbook Project #4

Cassel did Friendship..I did Family

These photos are from the recent engagement party for Jackie and Corey. These kids are Jackie, the bride-to-be, in white, with her TALL brother Tyler, pregnant sister Ilana and step-sister Katie (in red shirt). What they were doing? I have no idea (and I'm afraid to ask!) lol

The gold plaque in the center is from the internet when I was looking up a saying for Family and I liked the design so much I added it to my layout.

EDIT: The reduced version somehow lost the text at the bottom. Here's the revised upload..

Cristina,  I too use that template, making changes to suit the project in hand.

As the summer season draws to a close, and the days are noticeably getting shorter I've started going through my native and garden flower photos. Out of bounds, as character shapes technique on the word COLOUR. Made use of the selection tool, promote to a new layer, delete on the paper clip and Cassel's floppy bow. For the background paper I don't have many backgrounds, so I tend to create my own. I used a Bokeh  paper I created some time ago, the flax flower (seamless tiling), for another background paper, blur, opacity, then a texture. I created a grey-scale paperclip sometime ago, so I can colourize the template to suit my projects.

I think everyone by now is aware that I use only my own photos. I used masks in this project. I found 2 photoshop masks online. Used the select all, float, move down, negative image technique so I could use them in PSP. I then created masks for the two rectangle images. Which means I can go back at a later date and change all the images. I used select selection borders for the frames on separate layers. For the text I used object, fit text to path, (pent tool) to match the brush strokes.

Good Evening April,  thank you ever so much for  the complimentary comments on my pages, and for taking the time  to view them.  It's reward enough that  they gave you pleasure, and that you  liked them.   When  fellow PSPers give praise, then that's  quite a reward, and I thank you!

Hope to find you   fit and well,

fond wishes

Sue

My latest lesson work: Quick Beginner Scrapbook Project #4 - Busy Bees. I'm not much of a photographer though I do have a huge trove of black and white snapshots from the 1940s which is not much help in these projects. I ended up raiding my granddaughter's Facebook photo collection. These are where she was at a local zoo goofing around in the kiddie park. She was stunned when I sent her the layout! ;) She's 19 weeks pregnant now and all she was saying is "look how skinny I was!" :D

I got a bit creative with the title; left on the stroke with the yellow and black motif. I like the effect. Added more elements than were called for because my photos were kinda small for the 3600 dimensions. Here's a reduced version..

What a delight to see all this wonderful layouts and photos. Especially now when I cann't do much with my heavily bruised hand. Hopefully I can do something in the second half of september because I was already thinking abougt a tree LO. I was planning to take a second bootcamp to see what I missed on the first one when I was totally new to scrapbooking, but I'll postpone that becausse it will cause to much strain on my hand. In the meantime I'll come and look what everybody is working on!