What are you working on (in May 2020)?

Cassel

Date-05-2020.png

It is a new month and new projects.

Show off what you are working on in May, be it a scrapbook page, a tutorial, or anything else you want.

We are curious and want to see, learn and get inspired.

These threads are quickly becoming a fantastic source of inspiration, support, and friendship. Keep them coming!

Cassel sent this Quick Page I think it was last November when I was afraid of templates.  This is a page for my honey about his family. It has his sister and sister-in- law who have both passed away a few years ago. I used the Cassel Brad Factory  which matched the page perfectly. That sure saved me some time too.  I highly recommend it to all.

Anyone remember going to camp when you were a kid and having the rain hit the metal roof? It made a loud but calming noise. At least I thought it was - the loud pinging as it bounced off again. I'm still trying to get the gist of working with scrapbook stuff and merging them with whatever else you might have. Hope you are all having a splendid weekend.

The 4th of May is our National Remembrance Day for all those killed in World War II and peacekeeping operations afterwards. At 8 pm there are 2 minutes of silence in the hole country and afterwards our King will lay the 1st wrath at the National Monument in Amsterdam. There are speeches and more wraths and flowers. The next day is Liberation Day.

My uncle, whom I never knew, was one of the victems. He was a printer by profession and took part in the resistence movement and owned a printing business. The group he was part of, was betrayed and he was taken prisonner. A few weeks later he was shot dead on the Waalsdorpervlakte, an area in the dunes near The Hague. He left a wife and 2 kids.

In his honnor we named our daughter after him!

To commemorate him I made this scrapbook- page to day.

No rain...just what I am working on...tried the Random Challenge Generator.

It suggested:

Number of photos: 8

Title & Text: Stitched Letters

Paper Use: Paper Cutout

Color Combination: Blue

Layout Type: Scattered Photos

I struggled with this one. I used Carole's script, Scattered Photos, then tweaked the arrangement. My paper cutout is a mess...I'll do better another time. I used a font for the stitched letters...will work on creating my own stitches.

The Blue Angels and the Thunderbirds are performing flyovers in many states to honor healthcare workers. They flew over our area, Baltimore, Washington, DC and Northern Virginia yesterday. I actually saw them as they flew between hospitals.

Wow, you've all been very busy beavers, haven't you? Here's a pic I made for my gaming group. The illustration is by a wonderful artist, Malika Favre. I'm posting it to show off what you can do with Carole's Edge Punches. I didn't have a lot of time to play with them, but they were easy enough to make a quick frame. (Click on the pic to enlarge it so you can see the details of the frame.}

Good afternoon, Everyone! More rain here...I should go out and get some photos...so I could do the rain challenge. I never think to find pics online. Anyway, beautiful and very creative work you folks are doing. I do enjoy seeing your creativity.

Another backyard...this time it is mine. I went out yesterday to photograph the Tree of Heaven and on the way I ran into a deer with last year's fawn and a fox.

The deer in the middle row is the same doe, different photos. The deer in the bottom row is her fawn from last year. If you look closely, you will see buttons on the top of his head. She is definitely pregnant so she will soon run him off...because he is male. Often the female yearlings will remain with their Mom until the next rut in the Fall.

The tree is the Tree of Heaven. It is an invasive species...a real pest. I will begin the fight to get rid of the ones on my property...there are tons so this will be a long fight. The flowers are pretty but they occur at the top of large trees so cannot be easily enjoyed. The photo bottom left is a blossom that fell...probably because of the rain and wind we have had.

Also pictured are a red fox and a Titmouse. The fox was on the way to hunt our squirrels. When he saw me, he headed off somewhere else. I was surprised I got any picture at all of the Titmouse...they flit so fast and seldom stay still.

Again, a template with many layers deleted. I just can't see flowers, ribbons, etc. with wildlife. I think they look great with a lot of layouts...just not this one

Nice photos , Bonnie. We have all those but our deer stay in the preserve across the river and my Lucy likes to bark at them. Once in a while they venture into the yard. I'm still trying to catch the hummingbirds..talk about flitting! The fox never gets that close but I think it is keeping the squirrels and rabbits at bay, as well as the raccoons, which is great for the vegetable garden.

I have a feeling you are farther out into the country than we are. We are on the outskirts of town but the preserve is pretty much our backyard.

It's to bad about your invasive tree because it looks really pretty.

Looking forward to more photos. Do you have a flickr site?

If you are interested, this is mine:  https://www.flickr.com/lyndadi

Hi all together,

@ trish, annie, bonnie, minka, michele, dorothy and corrie, still very creative and beautiful works!

@michele, I know Malika Favre too, she is a fabulous artist.

Carole mentionned the pic to painting plugin in the Campus update, end of april, and I remembered then that I downloaded it months ago but never used it. Curious again, I applied "stained glasses" and "soft pastels" just for fun.

I have a high resolution on my monitor but don't see the last button, so I followed Carole's advice to use the tab key.

But sometimes you need a bit patience to see the result in PSP or you need to press the key a second time. It is really a nice and quick way to have wonderful effects.

Here the link if some of you will try it: https://scrapbookcampus.com/2020/04/featured-resource-pic-to-painting/

Ups, another try, a few minutes ago I killed my post completely, just trying to rearrange my pictures.

Hi all together,

@ trish, annie, bonnie, dorothy, minka, michele, corrie still very creative and beautiful results :-)!!

@ michele, I know Malika Favre too, she is a fabulous artist.

Carole mentionned recently the pic-to-painting plug in (Campus update, end of April) and I remembered I did the download monts ago but never tried to work with. It is a very simple and quick way to have nice effects on your photos. I got a high resolution on my monitor but still don't see the last button (save & finish). I followed Carole's advice using the tab key. Sometimes you need to be patient or to use the tab key a second time (freezing somehow) to see the result in PSP. It's worth to play with.

Here the link if you might be interested: https://scrapbookcampus.com/2020/04/featured-resource-pic-to-painting/

A few and quick examples I tried with "soft pastels" and "stained glasses". But there is much more to discover!

I was doing an out of bounds technique and then did Carole's technique. Her technique is not only easier but it is also more versatile. Her background can be changed and her frames can be changed. The other one you're pretty much stuck with one background and one frame. Here are some examples.

The daffodil is Carole's technique...

I have Windows 10 and PSP2020 along with Pic to Painting. Pic to Painting has worked in the past but for some reason it doesn't work now or I just don't have the patience.  It looks like it's working but it doesn't do anything. I reinstalled the plugin or rather fixed it. I made my photo smaller. I closed  PSP and reopened it. Nothing seems to help.