What are you working on (in September)?

Cassel

Show off what you are working on in September, be it a scrapbook page, a tutorial, or anything else you want

We are curious and want to see, learn and get inspired.

These threads are quickly becoming a fantastic source of inspiration, support, and friendship. Keep them com

My husband is allergic to bees, so when we find a bees nest I have to knock it down.   There was one on a fence and I wanted to be protected so I drove the truck up to it and with a broom stick I knocked it down and quickly rolled up the window.  I searched on the internet and found the "aging" wonder woman.   I brought it into PSP and removed the background and made a PNG file.   I added arrows from preset shapes and added some texture.   I added the sticker effect from Cassel "How to create a sticker with PSP".  I added a Queen bee, rather sexy one to offset the aging wonder woman!!!   I added a bee hive and placed it in the lasso, erased the back part of the lasso to make the effect the bee hive was inside.  I used a SF Slapstick Comic font.   Added a narrow frame with a small bevel to the pictures.  Added drop shadows per Cassel's guidelines.  Used a purchased scrap kit for the paper and call out.  My inspiration was from Cassel's Lab 6 Module 5.   The pictures were not that great, my husband was taking them from inside the house, but the story was funny and I wanted to remember it.

Royanne, you should totally add the story to the page too! Someone looking at it without you beside will not know the whole story and it is a GOOD story!

You could add the story in the black of the shadow of the vehicle on the right using the Text Wrapping tool, OR you can create a facing page with the story so if you print an album, you would have two pages with it: photos on one side and story on the other.

I followed the instructions that Sue Thomas put on facebook for this effect.  Sue, thank you for sharing your talents.  We had a lot of rain last year and back of our yard had so much water.  The granddaughters loved to play in it.  I had struggled along time to decide how to scrap book it.  When I saw Sue's post on facebook I knew that was my answer.

Thank you very much Royanne!    You did an awesome job, the water really does look like it's flowing over the frame. That's due to the slight angling of the flow from the sides.  Also by using a very big size brush  it emphasises  the  force of the water, which in reality  also gives depth of field.

Hello Scrapbook Campus.  When I was a little girl (in size and age :)) my mother has a seersucker tablecloth which had the broderie anglaise cut out and stitching.  I loved that tablecloth and when I found Cassel's tutorial - Intermediate/Creative Scrap/Paper Patterns/Eyelet Fabric well I simply had to have a go!  I had a seersucker texture to apply to the background.  Followed Cassel's instructions for the flower and dots and then spent an age playing around with stitching to get it to look as close as possible to Cassel's example.  My gosh it did take a long time but I eventually got there.  Any comments would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks for takin a peek.  <3

Royanne, perfect layout for the photo... Sue has always been very generous sharing her knowledge and talent.

Annie, this is so cute... Cassel's tutorials always amaze me... I love them all.

Michele, lovely card.

I am soooo late with the challenges... I am still working on my Travel Tale layout... a little bit every day... Hopefuly I will finish before the next challenge :D