October 2024 - P52 Challenge

Cassel

spacer.png

Do you want to challenge yourself to take photos every week for a year?

Maybe you want to practice your photography skills, or just try to capture "ordinary" daily occurrences.

Let's just encourage each other.

This is a no-pressure thread, and you can share the photos you took or the theme you are going for (if you are going with a theme).

And if you don't want to share the photos yet, and only showcase them once they are in a montage or a scrapbook page, you can just say that you did it.

And it is ok to start your 52 weeks at any time. It does not have to start in January!

An ever changing landscape!  I drive through this valley en route shopping once a week, or once a fortnight.  An incredible display of  colour as  the sun was rising yesterday morning.  Well worth leaving early, even though I had to wait  for the shops to open. 

week forty autumnal colours.jpg

• Love 4

Sometimes, depending on the wind and weather conditions we have hot air balloons coming over our house. When we hear the sound of the burner we will have a look where the balloon is. Today was such a day and I went to look at the back on the patio if I could see the balloon which was quite low and just right over our house but already to far to take a photo, so I quickly went to the frontdoor, which was still locked.... I was on time to take a couple of shots, but I had backlight. Luckily there is a little tree and by standing a bit in the shade I could take the photos.

WEEK-40-600.jpg

• Love 3

7 minutes ago, Corrie Kinkel said:

Sometimes, depending on the wind and weather conditions we have hot air balloons coming over our house. When we hear the sound of the burner we will have a look where the balloon is. Today was such a day and I went to look at the back on the patio if I could see the balloon which was quite low and just right over our house but already to far to take a photo, so I quickly went to the frontdoor, which was still locked.... I was on time to take a couple of shots, but I had backlight. Luckily there is a little tree and by standing a bit in the shade I could take the photos.

WEEK-40-600.jpg

I had the opportunity, to go up in a hot air balloon, many years ago. It was a wonderful experience. A whole different view of South Glamorgan, and it's diverse coastline.  A lovely capture. It always pays to sieze  the moment.

28 minutes ago, Sue Thomas said:

I had the opportunity, to go up in a hot air balloon, many years ago. It was a wonderful experience. A whole different view of South Glamorgan, and it's diverse coastline.  A lovely capture. It always pays to sieze  the moment.

I had a ride in a hot air balloon, approximately 10 years ago as a gift for my 65th birthday. It was great to see the area where I live from the air and I even saw some deer grazing on a grass spot in a small forest. It was a fantastic experience and I would love to do so again, but alas it is rather pricy. 

3 hours ago, Sue Thomas said:

An ever changing landscape!  I drive through this valley en route shopping once a week, or once a fortnight.  An incredible display of  colour as  the sun was rising yesterday morning.  Well worth leaving early, even though I had to wait  for the shops to open. 

week forty autumnal colours.jpg

A delightful and restful photo - I could look at it for hours.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1