September 2024 - P52 Challenge

Cassel

spacer.png

Do you want to challenge yourself to take photos every week for a year?

Maybe you want to practice your photography skills, or just try to capture "ordinary" daily occurrences.

Let's just encourage each other.

This is a no-pressure thread, and you can share the photos you took or the theme you are going for (if you are going with a theme).

And if you don't want to share the photos yet, and only showcase them once they are in a montage or a scrapbook page, you can just say that you did it.

And it is ok to start your 52 weeks at any time. It does not have to start in January!

My Week 34 - Sept 1, 2024, TNR rescue cat Brandy, the tortoiseshell teen! It seems she won't stay in the house, so she has resumed outdoor meals. My 2 senior indoor cats are vastly relieved! 😅 UPDATE: She's back inside, quarantined to the bed/bath again. She ran because the seniors were bullying her. We have to work on that.

P52-WEEK 34-2024-SEPT 1-BRANDY_600.jpg

Edited by Ann Seeber
UPDATE: Brandy's home again.
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Love 5

Where I live we have a small station with 2 platforms and of course there is a pedestrian crossing which everybody can use to cross the tracks. This year there are big containers with nice greenery and flowers in the square and as I have to use that crossing almost daily I enjoyed the flowers. The planting in the containers is changed as soon as it begins to wilt or dies down. Now there are Canna's in them with an underplanting of Pelargoniums. It was impossible to get a good photo without people in it and most people aren't happy when they think you are taking photos of them unasked. I didn't want those people in my photos anyway so no photo of the containers but a detail of the Canna in them. 

WEEK-36-600.jpg

• Love 6

I was to early posting  week 36, which meant I posted it in the month of August.   Week 36 of 2024, is  from 2 Sept to the 8th Sept.   Earlier weeks should be posted in the month of August.  I like to adhere to the  right weeks in the right months.  I have deleted this photo  in August.  Teeny tiny Silvery Blue Butterfly ( male) Photo taken this week. Macro photography.

WEEK THIRTY SIX.jpg

• WOW 1
  • Love 7

Week thirty seven.   The migratory birds are arriving on mass.  They must know something that we don't, when it come to  the weather.  The leaves are turning and falling quickly.  A most delightful small native Clay coloured  song sparrow. I am currently in my element.

WEEK THIRTY Seven.jpg

Edited by Sue Thomas
  • Like 1
  • Love 6

53 minutes ago, Sue Thomas said:

Week thirty seven.   The migratory birds are arriving on mass.  They must know something that we don't, when it come to  the weather.  The leaves are turning and falling quickly.  A most delightful small native Clay coloured  song sparrow. I am currently in my element.

WEEK THIRTY Seven.jpg

Sue I hope that the period of the migratory birds will take some time before all are gone. You enjoy this immensely and we get the benefits with all those lovely photos too! 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Corrie Kinkel said:

Sue I hope that the period of the migratory birds will take some time before all are gone. You enjoy this immensely and we get the benefits with all those lovely photos too! 

Every day now,  new birds are arriving as they congregate before  making their long journey south for the winter. The trees are once again bursting with song. So many juveniles are returning. They all make use of the bird baths, and fill up on the  seeds I  scatter on the ground.

• Like 4

On 9/7/2024 at 1:53 PM, Sharla said:

Week 36 I managed to grow some really tall sunflowers this year. This is one of them.

week 36 smalll.jpg

My 6-7 foot ones (as described on the package) are now around 10 feet!  This one is a beauty, so fluffy looking.  

• Like 3

8 hours ago, Sharla said:

Week 37 I was fortunate to meet this delightful rabbit whilst on a walk. He was having a quite moment so I kept my distance and let him be.

week 37 small.jpg

We have them at work that stick close to the door we go in.  We have table out there by the grassy spots and they will come and sleep when we are sitting there.  they lay on their sides and totally zonk out.  When I came up the walkway last friday, my co-workers motioned me to stop.  One was sleeping right by where I would walk and one was sleeping about 3 feet from the co-working sitting at the table.  I just love them.  You photo is stunning, it just makes me want to reach in and pet it.  I love it when they get up and stretch like a cat or dog does.  

• Like 1
  • WOW 1
  • Love 2

12 hours ago, Sue Thomas said:

WEEK THIRTY Seven.jpg

Your stunning photos always show such texture on the birds, it's very captivating to really look at them. They also have very large feet for such a tiny bird.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Susan Ewart said:

We have them at work that stick close to the door we go in.  We have table out there by the grassy spots and they will come and sleep when we are sitting there.  they lay on their sides and totally zonk out.  When I came up the walkway last friday, my co-workers motioned me to stop.  One was sleeping right by where I would walk and one was sleeping about 3 feet from the co-working sitting at the table.  I just love them.  You photo is stunning, it just makes me want to reach in and pet it.  I love it when they get up and stretch like a cat or dog does.  

It's wonderful that you get to see so many. I see some in fields usually eating or scampering about. The one in the photograph was in a quiet church graveyard and a pleasure to see just sitting the way he was.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Ann Seeber said:

Running a bit behind, here's my week #35, which was Sunday September 8. Here's Brandy, long and lean. It appears her winter coat will be darker.

P52-WEEK 35-2024-SEPT 8_600.jpg

As I look at your layout with cats I almost want to get one, but I don't think they will fit in with the life I and my husband have at the moment. I'm afraid I have to be content with looking at your cats!

• Like 2
  • Love 2

This photo summarizes the week which was dominated by rain, showers, downpours, hail, thunderstorm, cold and a rainbow! With all the rain I haven't been outside much, I was glad I could do the shopping in a more or less dry spell. Even the plants on my patio didn't look great; instead of watering them we had to empty some of the containers and all the saucers on a daily basis. One morning when we were getting up my husband saw this rainbow and I could just take a couple of photos before it faded away, it lasted only a couple of minutes. But the weather is calming down and the coming week will be much better, dry and warmer!

WEEK-37-600.jpg

• Love 8

20 hours ago, Corrie Kinkel said:

This photo summarizes the week which was dominated by rain, showers, downpours, hail, thunderstorm, cold and a rainbow! With all the rain I haven't been outside much, I was glad I could do the shopping in a more or less dry spell. Even the plants on my patio didn't look great; instead of watering them we had to empty some of the containers and all the saucers on a daily basis. One morning when we were getting up my husband saw this rainbow and I could just take a couple of photos before it faded away, it lasted only a couple of minutes. But the weather is calming down and the coming week will be much better, dry and warmer!

WEEK-37-600.jpg

Your photo sums up the UK and  and some of the  European countries weather. Amazing! The rainbow coloured frame is a perfect touch. 

Edited by Sue Thomas
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Week 35

Aces = Sugar containters!

Hmmm, I've got a pattern going (with the cutout effect).  I did the tight diagonal from the Lab 14-9 with the preset shape (clubs).  PSP was being persnickety when I was doing the math it was making up it's own math, I finally got it to math-ify correctly and that became my tile for the background.  I used the cutout effect and turned off the actually layer (clubs overlay) so the cutout is on the background layer. BG layer got a texture added (sandpaper).  I keep the merged cutout layers(white and black layers) separate in case I want to change the cutout.  I made dups of it and the background layer so I could merge the cutout and the paper so that I could select "from Vector Object" when I did the text.  I promoted the background/cutout layer, added white around it and gave it a shadow.  The 2024 and outer frame was is white, and blended into the background with a blend mode.  Font is two from the Gill Sans line up.  

P52 Wk35 - ACE Clubs MERG-600.jpg

• Love 5

4 hours ago, Sue Thomas said:

Your photo sums up the UK and  and some of the  European countries weather. Amazing! The rainbow coloured frame is a perfect touch. 

Most of the time the weather we have is similar to that in Belgium, the western parts of Germany and a big part if the UK, all depending on the prevailing winds! 

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, Susan Ewart said:

Week 35

Hmmm, I've got a pattern going (with the cutout effect).  I did the tight diagonal from the Lab 14-9 with the preset shape (clubs).  PSP was being persnickety when I was doing the math it was making up it's own math, I finally got it to math-ify correctly and that became my tile for the background.  I used the cutout effect and turned off the actually layer (clubs overlay) so the cutout is on the background layer. BG layer got a texture added (sandpaper).  I keep the merged cutout layers(white and black layers) separate in case I want to change the cutout.  I made dups of it and the background layer so I could merge the cutout and the paper so that I could select "from Vector Object" when I did the text.  I promoted the background/cutout layer, added white around it and gave it a shadow.  The 2024 and outer frame was is white, and blended into the background with a blend mode.  Font is two from the Gill Sans line up.  

I love your cutout background, it gives a nice touch to this card! After 52 weeks you have such a great cardstock to play games with; do you have a possibility to get it printed on real cards? It would make a fantastic gift for the people who can appreciate all your work.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Susan Ewart said:

Week 35

I love the coining of a new word: math-iftying! You are so clever, girl. And the background just works great! Lotsa work, that.

• Love 4

3 hours ago, Corrie Kinkel said:

I love your cutout background, it gives a nice touch to this card! After 52 weeks you have such a great cardstock to play games with; do you have a possibility to get it printed on real cards? It would make a fantastic gift for the people who can appreciate all your work.

YES, I would love to get them printed.  I'm thinking of at the end also designing a back for the card.  Because I have a tea cup (T-Cup...for Ann! 😁)  I dont think I used yet because it's a demitasse cup but it has playing cards on it so I could use that for the back of the card.  That just came to me today.  Isnt it going to be awesome when we complete this challenge and look at all the work we did.  So cool!

Edited by Susan Ewart
  • Like 2
  • Love 1

3 hours ago, Julie Magerka said:

I love the coining of a new word: math-iftying! You are so clever, girl. And the background just works great! Lotsa work, that.

...there are more words where that came from...for example...Math-i-macation!  I hate days where I have to do lots of math-i-macation.  

• Haha 4

Week 36

Jacks = Creamers

This background was fun.  Just wish I could remember how I did it.  I started with a gradient then I remember adding repeats.  Then trying out various effects,  ripple then kaleidoscope but then I chose the orginal gradient with less or no repeats.  Even when I went back to the different texture effect with saves the last setting, it wouldn't do the same thing so I wont be able to repeat it.  Wish I had made a 3600x3600 paper of it.  This paper has the effect lowered in opacity to 26%.  I'll post the full opacity one so you can see it.  

Fonts are Antonia Retro and Fascinate.  I think these are google fonts that came with my font viewer because they are the only ones that have tags on them, I looks for retro type fonts.  Was actually looking for art deco style.  I am surprised I am still finding so many different backgrounds.  

P52 Wk36 - JACK SpadesV2 MERG-600.jpg

• Love 6