August ALL ABOUT ME Challenge (2024) - Movie/TV

Cassel

AAM-Challenge.jpg

Let's continue this new challenge. We might be the ones taking pictures but we are not the feature of our layouts, so let's change that since we ARE important and have lots to say.

Every month or so, the layout will be about YOU, and a prompt will be given. If you have taken the Story Week Challenge, you will find some similarities but it won't be the same.

For the July layout, tell us something about a particular movie or TV show that you remember from your childhood. Where were you? Was it a special occasion? How did it make you feel? How old were you? Let's share. It might be a trip down memory lane for most of us!

Remember that if you want to create pages for previous prompts, those threads will stay open. There is no right or wrong order to share about you.

When I was young (grade 4, I think) we lived on a lake with not a lot of other homes (let alone full-time residents).  We only got two channels on TV and Sunday night was the Wide World of Disney.  Often there would be a show that was two hours so we had to wait a whole week to see the second part since it was only a 1 hour show.  On one Sunday we watched "The Parent Trap" (with Haley Mills playing 2 rolls as twin sisters) part one.  The next week my brother and I had our baths early so we could be all set to watch part two.  That night we had a big storm and the power went out, so we missed the second part.  It would be more than 20 yrs later that I saw the second 1/2.  The Wide World of Disney was my favorite TV show.  I remember one Disney short called "In the Bag"  where a park ranger enlisted the help of the park bears to clean up the park...to this day me and several people my age can remember, "pick it up, put it in the sack, bump bump"  (those aren't the correct words, but similar to that).  At work anytime someone says "pick that up" my co-worker and I say, "put it in the sack, bump bump".  the youngsters think we are loopy.

Edited by Susan Ewart
  • Like 1
  • Love 3

This topic was a trip down memory lane! I was 6 in 1955 when tv broadcasting made a start in the Netherlands. It was in black&white on one channel only for a couple of hours every day. There were not many people that had bought a television set, they were quite expensive and people didn't really know what to think of it. It was very common to go to friends or family that had taken the plunge and owned such a modern set, to get a chance to see it for yourself. For our family it became a sort of social gathering on Saturday evenings and I was even allowed to stay up late. Later came a children's hour on the free Wednesday afternoon. There was a presenter called "tante Hannie" (auntie Hannie) who introduced the show and you could even write to her and got an answer as well. I remember 2 shows very vividly and put the photos I could find on the net on my layout. There was an official postmark stamp and I made one with my own script. The background has a circle overlay (tut in this month's lab) and I started out with a template from Alflt June 2019 Fair and kept some of it and changed a lot. The tv tag was made with the leather tag script that I had for a long time and the Adventure freebies reminded me of that script! The double bow was made with the double bow script and I kept it in my stash. Title font is Lucky Retro with a bevel, the cluster is by Jessica Dunn and the paint splashes were in my stash. The red bow was a sample freebie from Carole for one of the bow scripts and I used it because it matches somewhat the clowns bow.

AAM-TV-600.jpg

Edited by Corrie Kinkel
  • Like 1
  • Love 5

• Cassel pinned this topic

@Ann Seeber One of my favorites.  I was a teenager (late teens) and had a part time job. So I manager to see so many musicals.  All the Rogers and Hammerstein musicals from that time frame - 50-52 - Carousel, Oklahoma, Show Boat, and I loved Gene Kelley - so An American in Paris was one of my favorites. I loved Mario Lanza and so the first 2 or 3 at that time, and Howard Keel was another of my favorite male singers. Also loved Julie Andrews - her voice was absolutely the best - but I love Shirley Jones voice also.

• Like 1
  • Love 2