August 2024 - P52 Challenge

Cassel

1 hour ago, Ann Seeber said:

Thanks, Suz. I have officially adopted her into our household. My two senior cats have certainly perked up! They are now doing pretty good with accepting her. Only some growls and, at first, hissing. The tapeworm showed up in her poop, which was conveniently deposited on my bedroom rug, instead of the litter box. I might not have seen the worm if it was buried in cat litter. I'm sure the poor baby feels better and she's still eating "like a horse!" Here's a better photo to which I added a marisa lerin frame from a current mini kit. This shot was in full sun coming from behind Brandy, so I fiddled with my iPhone camera settings and was pleased with this result.

brandy framed_600.jpg

Wonderful news Ann.  She will have the best kitty life living with you.  Glad to hear your cat girls are coming around to her.  She looks very soft, I love that rust colored line down the middle of her face.  

• Like 1
  • Love 2

Week 35 is all about the renovation of our (indoor) stairs. We had to remove the old carpet parts and because there was glue on the steps, it was a bit of a problem to get up- or downstairs. We were told it wasn't necessary to remove all of the glue. The guy who came to install the new stairs is a master craftsman and did an awesome job. He came with a small van that was a complete workshop when he opened the doors. Except coffee he didn't want anything else and the stairs were finished in 2 days. We were lucky with the weather though, dry and not too hot; the frontdoor had to stay open and he could do most of the dirty work outside. Of course today we had to do some cleaning, sawdust turned up in the most unexpected places. Now everything is tidy and back where it belongs, and we are a bit tired but very happy how it all turned out. 

WEEK-35-600.jpg

• Love 6

6 hours ago, Corrie Kinkel said:

Week 35 is all about the renovation of our (indoor) stairs. We had to remove the old carpet parts and because there was glue on the steps, it was a bit of a problem to get up- or downstairs. We were told it wasn't necessary to remove all of the glue. The guy who came to install the new stairs is a master craftsman and did an awesome job. He came with a small van that was a complete workshop when he opened the doors. Except coffee he didn't want anything else and the stairs were finished in 2 days. We were lucky with the weather though, dry and not too hot; the frontdoor had to stay open and he could do most of the dirty work outside. Of course today we had to do some cleaning, sawdust turned up in the most unexpected places. Now everything is tidy and back where it belongs, and we are a bit tired but very happy how it all turned out. 

WEEK-35-600.jpg

Wow, what a transformation Corrie.  Can you send him to my house too!  

• Haha 3

Week 35 On a walk round Bolam Lake (in Northumberland, UK) my husband spotted this solitary water lily in the midst of a reed bed. I could only have got a better shot if I’d jumped in so this angle had to do.

week 35 small.jpg

• Love 6

16 minutes ago, Sharla said:

Week 35 On a walk round Bolam Lake (in Northumberland, UK) my husband spotted this solitary water lily in the midst of a reed bed. I could only have got a better shot if I’d jumped in so this angle had to do.

week 35 small.jpg

I have a couple of waterlily flowers too and it is always difficult to get a good shot. It seems they are mostly in the middle of the water and never at a good spot to take the photo! Having said that yours is a lovely photo and will remind you of the walk you went on.

• Like 3

13 hours ago, Sharla said:

week 35 small.jpg

I think it's framed beautifully. The reeds only add to it. Did you notice the tiny fly on it? 

• Like 4

I am behind, as I've been away trail riding in the Grasslands. I've been back since Monday, but it has taken me  a couple of days to get back into the swing  of things. Macro shot of a tiny banded grasshopper.  It has everything going for it, colour, textures, patterns, even gradients. There isn't anything that can surpass Morther Natures palette. 

WEEK THIRTY FOUR.jpg

• Love 7

Week thirty five.  I pass this old barn on a regualar basis,  yet the other day it compelled me to take yet another shot of it.  The sky, the golden  grass, some of the tree leaves were starting to turn  and the  majestic barn was begging to be captured in a photo.  So I did.  

Week thirty five barn.jpg

• Love 6

3 hours ago, Sue Thomas said:

Week thirty five.  I pass this old barn on a regualar basis,  yet the other day it compelled me to take yet another shot of it.  The sky, the golden  grass, some of the tree leaves were starting to turn  and the  majestic barn was begging to be captured in a photo.  So I did.  

Week thirty five barn.jpg

Sue I missed you here, but knew you would be outside probably riding. But these couple of photos are lovely and the grasshopper is fantastic, I can see all the details! 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Corrie Kinkel said:

Sue I missed you here, but knew you would be outside probably riding. But these couple of photos are lovely and the grasshopper is fantastic, I can see all the details! 

I was pleased with the grasshopper shot, it's wonderful when they cooperate and pose for me.  Even the fine hairs running down the Prothorax are clearly visible.  I'm going to try and catch up, especially the challenges, as I like to participate in those. 

• Like 1
  • Love 2

Week 34

I used the Balls and Bubbles effect, then selected them and did a cut out. added at blue background that I textured. Fonts are The Beautiful Night Italic and The Blowar from CF

Slowly catching up...again.  That will be the theme of 2024 for me it seems.  

P52 Wk34 - 8 Diamonds-MERGE-600.jpg

• Like 1
  • Love 4

• Cassel unpinned this topic