August 2024 - P52 Challenge

Cassel

1 minute ago, Corrie Kinkel said:

It was a joy to look at and it will be again in 1 to 2 weeks if the rest of the buds will open. But just after that downpour it was looking very sad with most of the flowers on the ground. It is in the corner of my small patio and it makes having a cup of morning coffee very pleasant.

I'm sure it does.  Also a great way to start your day!

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Sue Thomas said:

I took the last photos for this year of the  Wren's feeding their young yesterday afternoon. What goes in  one end must come the other end.  When I saw the nestlings pop their  heads out, I knew it was hours or at the most a day before the fledged.  And  that is exactly what they did.  This morning the nest  was empty. The last of the Wren's have fledged. 

WEEK THIRTY THREE.jpg

I have loved looking at your photos of the Wren! Will those wrens stay over winter or do they migrate?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Corrie Kinkel said:

I have loved looking at your photos of the Wren! Will those wrens stay over winter or do they migrate?

Unfortunately not. They are the last birds to arrive in the Spring.  Letting everyone know that they have arrived.  Their visit is short but sweet, with their melodious song, and mischievious, bold character

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Corrie Kinkel said:

It was a joy to look at and it will be again in 1 to 2 weeks if the rest of the buds will open. But just after that downpour it was looking very sad with most of the flowers on the ground. It is in the corner of my small patio and it makes having a cup of morning coffee very pleasant.

Wish I could join you on your patio for a cup. Those flowers are amazing.

• Like 2

Week 31 

Slipped in corners technique from the book (Digital Scrapbooking Made Easy with PaintShop Pro) Scrap With Me - From Scratch section, Project 2.  Lifted Corners from the script.  Button, again from the tutorial called "Button".  Background is a Background-Foreground gradient. I added a halftone (squares) to the gradient and a texture on top of that and I think a wee bit of noise.  Fonts are Winter Story (CF) and Sorts Mill Goudy, which sounds more like a Google font, but I'm not sure.  A pretty little delicate cup that I am keeping.  

P52 Wk31 - 5 SpadesMERG-600.jpg

• Like 1
  • Love 5

Week 32

This was the pattern my mom's t-set was, although this is not from her set.  I got this many years later when I realized t-cups were little pieces of art I could afford.  

Fonts are Mea Culpa and Medina from Creative Fabrica

Background is a PSP pattern that I added a very subtle round dot halftone effect to.  The three vectors got a tiny outer glow layer style for a bit of contrast around them.  It and the texture might not show up here.  

P52 Wk32 - 7 SpadesMERG-600.jpg

• Love 5

Week 33

Tiny little T-pot, only about 7-8" tall, but oh so cute.  

Gradient background, with no texture because I just realized I forgot.  I was so into playing with the netting! From the new book; Digital Scrapbooking Made Easy with PaintShop Pro.  In the Scrap With Me - Scraplifting section, Project 2.  The netting is really easy to do and tackling the warp brush is easy with the instructions in the book.  I added a tiny bevel and the shadowing settings from the book (which I now saved in the shadow presets).  Fonts are Neug Asia and Neuton from CF.  I also added a small bevel to the three Vectors (should've made the outline thicker first) and a drop shadow.  

Forgot to add, there is a gradient on the netting, I think next time I wont do that as it looks like shadowy spots, it's distracting. 

P52 Wk33 - QUEEN HeartsMERG-600.jpg

Edited by Susan Ewart
added more info
  • Love 6

22 minutes ago, Susan Ewart said:

Wow, thank you so much Ann.  It's such a good tutorial too, easy for anyone to follow and get a cool button. 

Just curious, why do you call them T-cups and T-pots and not teacups and teapots? Is it a Canadian 😉 thing?

• Haha 3

2 hours ago, Ann Seeber said:

Just curious, why do you call them T-cups and T-pots and not teacups and teapots? Is it a Canadian 😉 thing?

Ya, that's what it is...it's a "Canadian" thing...🤪. You crack me up...and keep me honest.  Here's my excuse: Due to economic restraints and cut backs here in Canada, we pay extra if we go over our allotted amount of keystrokes in a week.  Justin Trudeau himself will phone me and tell me which ATM to meet him at so I can withdraw and hand the cash directly to him! 

OR.....

Maybe I just like Mr. T.  I pity the fool who doesn't spell T-cups/T-pots the Mr. T way!

• Haha 3

On 8/16/2024 at 10:05 AM, Michele said:

Wish I could join you on your patio for a cup. Those flowers are amazing.

Michele thanks and yes it would be great if enjoying that cup could become true one day! Unfortunately the flowers are wilting at the moment because of the heat and the rain!

• Like 2

On 8/18/2024 at 7:32 PM, Susan Ewart said:

here's the button close up, I made heart shaped holes. 

P52 Wk33 - QUEEN-Hearts-Button-600.jpg

Susan I have been away for the weekend and I see your cards and button just now; you have done such a great job on them! I haven't started on the scrap with me part of The Book but I definitively will after this shadow week. 

• Like 1
  • Love 1

8 hours ago, Corrie Kinkel said:

Susan I have been away for the weekend and I see your cards and button just now; you have done such a great job on them! I haven't started on the scrap with me part of The Book but I definitively will after this shadow week. 

thank you so much Corrie.  I hope you had a wonderful weekend.  There is some cool techniques in the Scrap With Me section and I've referred to the book several times now.  Try the netting, it's just so easy and looks really neat.  I did add a tiny bevel to mine to make a metal mesh instead of netting.  

• Like 2

I didn't have to think long which photo would be my photo of this week. This is an extremely lucky shot which I took last Sunday when I was staying with our son and daughter in law. It was taken during a walk in our National Park "Hoge Veluwe" where the heath is in bloom at the moment. I didn't even realize there was a bee in this much bigger photo, only at home when I looked at my photos of the weekend on the PC I noticed it. I was taking a photo of a nice clump of blue harebells (grasklokje) and found a little bee too.

WEEK-34-600.jpg

• Love 6

This is my Tortoiseshell cat, Brandy, who has been living in quarantine with us for 3 weeks until she had her final vaccination, microchip and de-wormer. I have kept her confined to my bedroom and Tuesday, Aug 20, Robyn Stuart from Dumped/Stray Animal Rescue came to the house, gave her the necessary treatments and said I could introduce Brandy to my other two cats on Friday Aug 23. Robyn said the vet estimated her age at about one year. I know she only weighs 5 pounds now and when she started here she was only 3 pounds so I've been stuffing her. Luckily, she's a good eater. She presented me with a large tapeworm so I know the treatment worked. She is rather exotic looking, with those intense yellow eyes and mottled coloring. I tell her she's ready for fall. She was one of the strays I was feeding so you can see her ear has been clipped for TNR when she was spayed but I wanted to keep her inside with me. She's not at all feral.

P52-WEEK 33-2024-AUG 25-BRANDY TORTOISESHELL CAT_600.jpg

• Love 7

On 8/24/2024 at 2:13 PM, Ann Seeber said:

This is my Tortoiseshell cat, Brandy, who has been living in quarantine with us for 3 weeks until she had her final vaccination, microchip and de-wormer. I have kept her confined to my bedroom and Tuesday, Aug 20, Robyn Stuart from Dumped/Stray Animal Rescue came to the house, gave her the necessary treatments and said I could introduce Brandy to my other two cats on Friday Aug 23. Robyn said the vet estimated her age at about one year. I know she only weighs 5 pounds now and when she started here she was only 3 pounds so I've been stuffing her. Luckily, she's a good eater. She presented me with a large tapeworm so I know the treatment worked. She is rather exotic looking, with those intense yellow eyes and mottled coloring. I tell her she's ready for fall. She was one of the strays I was feeding so you can see her ear has been clipped for TNR when she was spayed but I wanted to keep her inside with me. She's not at all feral.

P52-WEEK 33-2024-AUG 25-BRANDY TORTOISESHELL CAT_600.jpg

She is beautiful Ann.  Will she go back outside or will she be rehomed?  That's amazing that you put that much weight on her.  3 pounds seems very undernourished.  I have to ask, how does the tape worm come out.  

• Like 1

On 8/23/2024 at 4:19 PM, Corrie Kinkel said:

I didn't have to think long which photo would be my photo of this week. This is an extremely lucky shot which I took last Sunday when I was staying with our son and daughter in law. It was taken during a walk in our National Park "Hoge Veluwe" where the heath is in bloom at the moment. I didn't even realize there was a bee in this much bigger photo, only at home when I looked at my photos of the weekend on the PC I noticed it. I was taking a photo of a nice clump of blue harebells (grasklokje) and found a little bee too.

WEEK-34-600.jpg

What a nice surprise for you.  That's looks like a really fuzzy bee.

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, Susan Ewart said:

She is beautiful Ann.  Will she go back outside or will she be rehomed?  That's amazing that you put that much weight on her.  3 pounds seems very undernourished.  I have to ask, how does the tape worm come out.  

Thanks, Suz. I have officially adopted her into our household. My two senior cats have certainly perked up! They are now doing pretty good with accepting her. Only some growls and, at first, hissing. The tapeworm showed up in her poop, which was conveniently deposited on my bedroom rug, instead of the litter box. I might not have seen the worm if it was buried in cat litter. I'm sure the poor baby feels better and she's still eating "like a horse!" Here's a better photo to which I added a marisa lerin frame from a current mini kit. This shot was in full sun coming from behind Brandy, so I fiddled with my iPhone camera settings and was pleased with this result.

brandy framed_600.jpg

• Love 5