July 2024 - P52 Challenge

Cassel

4 hours ago, Sue Thomas said:

Week twenty nine. There aren't many nestlings now.  To my knowledge I have this family and  the last of the Robins.   A newly fledged Robin came  to the dinner table this morning.  This was the only easily accessible Mourning Dove nest I could find.  Mind you I still had to get the ladder out, prop it up against an ajoining tree to take shots, without distubing the dove family. 

WEEK TWENTY nine.jpg

I've never seen doves or dove babies.  My hubby and I was talking about having never seen Pigeon babies either, even though I seem to get a yard full of them.  

• Haha 1

52 minutes ago, Susan Ewart said:

I've never seen doves or dove babies.  My hubby and I was talking about having never seen Pigeon babies either, even though I seem to get a yard full of them.  

I will eventually get around to showcasing many of this season's photos.  At present I'm taking a break, ejoying the summer, kayaking, cycling, riding, and of course photographing wildlife, of  all kind.  Head over to the facebook page, as I  have posted some images of the Mouring Doves, which although I sized them down, not as much as I would have to on here, in the campus.   I have never had so many Mourning Dove pairs as this year.  I have  six nesting pairs that I have found.  THis family, although high up in a tree, it was fairly accessible, to take photos off. 

Edited by Sue Thomas
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Sue Thomas said:

I will eventually get around to showcasing many of this season's photos.  At present I'm taking a break, ejoying the summer, kayaking, cycling, riding, and of course photographing wildlife, of  all kind.  Head over to the facebook page, as I  have posted some images of the Mouring Doves, which although I sized them down, not as much as I would have to on here, in the campus.   I have never had so many Mourning Dove pairs as this year.  I have  six nesting pairs that I have found.  THis family, although high up in a tree, it was fairly accessible, to take photos off. 

heading to FB now, thanks.  Enjoy the summer....we'll enjoy the fruits of your labour soon enough.

Edited by Susan Ewart
  • Like 2

12 hours ago, Susan Ewart said:

Doves/Pidgeons are very common over here. For instance when you visit Amsterdam, our capital, on the "Dam" a big square with our national monument there are hundreds and it is now forbidden to feed them. Where I live I see and hear doves on a daily basis but they are difficult to take a photo of. We just take them for granted, more or less that is!

• Like 1

Last week I took photos on a little meadow stretch nearby and this week I went there again. Last week the thistle wasn't in bloom but already had fat buds and yesterday when I passed there on my way to the station I saw its vibrant flowers from a distance. At that moment I had to catch the train but on my way home I had plenty of time to take a couple of shots.

WEEK-29-600.jpg

• Love 5

11 hours ago, Susan Ewart said:

heading to FB now, thanks.  Enjoy the summer....we'll enjoy the fruits of your labour soon enough.

Sue lovely photos on FB and enjoy all your summer activities. I can hardly wait for  those new photos showcased in many new layouts.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Corrie Kinkel said:

Last week I took photos on a little meadow stretch nearby and this week I went there again. Last week the thistle wasn't in bloom but already had fat buds and yesterday when I passed there on my way to the station I saw its vibrant flowers from a distance. At that moment I had to catch the train but on my way home I had plenty of time to take a couple of shots.

WEEK-29-600.jpg

This is STUNNING Corrie!  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Ann Seeber said:

Hi Sue, I couldn't find any of your Mourning Dove photos on Facebook. Can you direct me?

Ann when on the campus site on FB you see to the right a square with the most recent posts, but you can see more , you have to scroll down for them

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Ann Seeber said:

Hi Sue, I couldn't find any of your Mourning Dove photos on Facebook. Can you direct me?

https://www.facebook.com/groups/441451292922964/user/1421371617

There has been a few posts since I posted the Mourning Doves, you can either scroll down as Corrie suggested, or click on the link above.

7 hours ago, Corrie Kinkel said:

WEEK-29-600.jpg

I too have been taking pics of Thistles. Your page showcasing this one is  awesome.  It would pass for a macro shot. Tremendous  contrasting depth of field too.

Edited by Sue Thomas
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Sue Thomas said:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/441451292922964/user/1421371617

There has been a few posts since I posted the Mourning Doves, you can either scroll down as Corrie suggested, or click on the link above.

I too have been taking pics of Thistles. Your page showcasing this one is  awesome.  It would pass for a macro shot. Tremendous  contrasting depth of field too.

Sue thank you so much! I'm still amazed by what is possible with one of the newer iPhones, of course it took time and was a bit of learning curve before I could use its full potential. At the same time there are are limitations of what I can do opposed to a good camera, but I can live with it.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Ann Seeber said:

Still in a "finding your roots" state of mind, I love this Currier & Ives print of bygone sidewheeler steamboats on the Hudson River.

P52-2024-WEEK 28-STEAMBOAT SIDEWHEELERS ON THE HUDSON (Currier & Ives)_600.jpg

Ann, this is beautiful.  I always think of Christmas when i think of Currier and Ives.  

• Thanks 1

Week 29 No photo. Instead, a mini layout to remind me that I’d come to end of spending 100 days reading / studying Dante. The image is a book cover that I’ve altered a little.

week 29 small.jpg

• WOW 2
  • Love 3

4 hours ago, Sharla said:

Week 29 No photo. Instead, a mini layout to remind me that I’d come to end of spending 100 days reading / studying Dante. The image is a book cover that I’ve altered a little.

week 29 small.jpg

Wow that is quite an achievement! No simple reading stuff as well.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Sue Thomas said:

This is one  of my seasonal resident  male Meadow Larks.   They nest in the horses field. 

WEEK THIRTY.jpg

I love how you created the date. I have to start thinking outside the box.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, Michele said:

I love how you created the date. I have to start thinking outside the box.

I'm always trying to think of different ways  to do anything.  Not that I watch much telly, but when I do I  look for interesting material that I can  recreate and use, especially  in adverts.

• Like 4

My cousin and I took a daytrip, something we do once a year and this time we went to Amsterdam. We wanted to see a multimedia spectacle about the old, world famous Dutch painters. The event takes place in an old, abandoned gasworks and is called Fabrique des Lumières. The makers used over 325 artworks from 50 different  Dutch painters from the 17th century onwards. There were big laser projections on the walls, roof and floor of the building with an explosion of colors accompanied by music fitted for the topics presented like cityscapes, warscenes, romance, still lifes, flowers and it ended with Mondriaan in New York with the Boogie Woogie. It felt as if we were walking through the paintings. A great experience!

WEEK-30-600.jpg

• Like 1
  • Love 3

12 hours ago, Corrie Kinkel said:

My cousin and I took a daytrip, something we do once a year and this time we went to Amsterdam. We wanted to see a multimedia spectacle about the old, world famous Dutch painters. The event takes place in an old, abandoned gasworks and is called Fabrique des Lumières. The makers used over 325 artworks from 50 different  Dutch painters from the 17th century onwards. There were big laser projections on the walls, roof and floor of the building with an explosion of colors accompanied by music fitted for the topics presented like cityscapes, warscenes, romance, still lifes, flowers and it ended with Mondriaan in New York with the Boogie Woogie. It felt as if we were walking through the paintings. A great experience!

WEEK-30-600.jpg

I would love doing this!

• Love 1

• Cassel unpinned this topic

Week 28

Scripts used (apart from Counting Cards1-Weeks)

Custom Playing Card 

Lifted Photo

I used the tutorial called:  Button

the back ground is made from a Kaleidoscope tile.  After flood filling a layer I duplicated it and chose Multiply to get it darker.  then I added a texture (texture effects>texture>squares).  The kaleidoscope is subdued and probably wont show up here.  I inner bevel and shadowed the outer frame and each text vector all separately.  

P52 Wk28 - 2 Spades-Merg600.jpg

• Love 5

1 hour ago, Susan Ewart said:

Week 28

Scripts used (apart from Counting Cards1-Weeks)

Custom Playing Card 

Lifted Photo

I used the tutorial called:  Button

the back ground is made from a Kaleidoscope tile.  After flood filling a layer I duplicated it and chose Multiply to get it darker.  then I added a texture (texture effects>texture>squares).  The kaleidoscope is subdued and probably wont show up here.  I inner bevel and shadowed the outer frame and each text vector all separately.  

P52 Wk28 - 2 Spades-Merg600.jpg

Susan you have such beautiful teacups/saucers! I like the layout but if you don't mind me saying so, the shadow on the lifted card strikes me as a bit strange. The card has a rounded edge and the shadow is a pointed. I think it should be a tiny bit more rounded. What do you think?

7 hours ago, Corrie Kinkel said:

Susan you have such beautiful teacups/saucers! I like the layout but if you don't mind me saying so, the shadow on the lifted card strikes me as a bit strange. The card has a rounded edge and the shadow is a pointed. I think it should be a tiny bit more rounded. What do you think?

I do agree.  It is the shadow that came with the lifted photo when I ran the script.  I wouldn't attempt to do a shadow like this, maybe after the upcoming workshop.  I wonder if something happened to it when I grouped it with the card and copy and pasted it into the layout.  I will have to take a look at the orginal lifted photo layers.

Thank you for the compliments on the T-cups.  I had been collecting them for over 25 yrs, because they were so pretty.  little pieces of art that I could afford.  Now I'm trying to pick only my most favorite ones to keep.  It's very hard to do.  I managed to get down to about 30, but would like to get down to 12.  

• Like 2