July 2024 - P52 Challenge

Cassel

1 hour ago, Susan Ewart said:

Thank you so much Michele.  How are you feeling?

I'm getting a little better every day, but I'm exhausted and the heat is kicking my butt. Thank you for asking, sweet Susan. ❤️

• Like 3

18 hours ago, Sue Thomas said:

The UK and  European badger are one of the same species.  In canada they too are endangered, not through hunting or trapping so much but through loss of habitat.  In the UK there is a totally different  view to the badger, they  have been persecuted for hundreds of years, through badger baiting  as sport, which has been  illegal for a long time now, but still goes on under the cover of darkness. It is barbaric.  Farmers will trap and kill them as their cattle and dairy cows  can contract TB. Farmer have to have their cattle tested every six months, at their own cost.   Over 220,000 badgers have been culled to date, blamed for the disease.  Actually the TB  bacteria lives in soil and water.  East Africa is the home to TB and it's human host.   Yet, the badger bears the brunt of the blame for transmission.  which I don't agree with. 

That is a barbaric behavior and I'm glad that ours are protected and their numbers are increasing; which in turn can give problems if they want to make their burrows under railway tracks or in dikes. In the older says they were hunted for their fur but mink became more populair and it is only a very short time ago that the mink farms were forbidden. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Michele said:

I'm getting a little better every day, but I'm exhausted and the heat is kicking my butt. Thank you for asking, sweet Susan. ❤️

Michele glad to hear that but take it easy in the heat! Everything, or almost everything can wait a bit until you feel up to it. In the mean time we do our best to entertain you with all we come up with! 😉💐

• Love 4

I am a bit late to join in with this but as I go walking a little bit I thought that I would photograph fields (various...wherever I am) throughout the year. One objective being to get a bit of variety somehow. I am not sure how to present them yet but just thought I's join in and can see some lovely images from you already.

• Like 4
  • Love 1

51 minutes ago, fiona cook said:

I am a bit late to join in with this but as I go walking a little bit I thought that I would photograph fields (various...wherever I am) throughout the year.

Hi Fiona - it's never too late to join in so a warm welcome. I think most of us are using a canvas size of 1800x1200 pixels (6x4 inch). Our early discussions about the mechanics of this challenge are on the January P52 thread if you want to see them.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, fiona cook said:

I am a bit late to join in with this but as I go walking a little bit I thought that I would photograph fields (various...wherever I am) throughout the year. One objective being to get a bit of variety somehow. I am not sure how to present them yet but just thought I's join in and can see some lovely images from you already.

Welcome to the party!....again...hahaha.  Glad to have you back and Sharla nailed it...it's never too late to join.  

• Like 3

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, fiona cook said:

Welcome, Fiona. I've been using Carole's script: cass-countingcards1-weeks. It will run a year's worth of P52 card layers, and you get to choose the font and font color. Be aware the font is just outlined, though you can change that later if you wish. 

Edited by Ann Seeber
  • Like 4

Fiona nice to see you here! For my weeks I use a photo of something that stood out for me in that week, like flowers in the snow in the beginning of January, a birthday, my trip to the States to the fair we had for this week. It will give me a nice overview of the year that I can print. 

• Like 1
  • Love 1

Thank you all of you for your encouragement. I have been concerned that I wouldn't be able to apply myself timewise but like a lot of things, where there's a will, there's a way! I get into a project and it consumes my time. My brother visited recently and he berated me for not using my DSLR camera like I used to. It's so easy to snap away with a mobile phone. Maybe I can add the camera use to my objectives for this project. Thanks again for the tips. I did start collecting images for this project last month but didn't keep up the momentum due to commitments but maybe, rather than being put off, it can be the best endeavour to take one picture a week. Thanks again all.  By way of contribution, here's one of my first ones then. Happy Year.

Poppy_Field_June24.jpg

• Like 2
  • Love 5

On 7/10/2024 at 2:36 AM, fiona cook said:

Thank you all of you for your encouragement. I have been concerned that I wouldn't be able to apply myself timewise but like a lot of things, where there's a will, there's a way! I get into a project and it consumes my time. My brother visited recently and he berated me for not using my DSLR camera like I used to. It's so easy to snap away with a mobile phone. Maybe I can add the camera use to my objectives for this project. Thanks again for the tips. I did start collecting images for this project last month but didn't keep up the momentum due to commitments but maybe, rather than being put off, it can be the best endeavour to take one picture a week. Thanks again all.  By way of contribution, here's one of my first ones then. Happy Year.

Poppy_Field_June24.jpg

What a delightful photo.  It has so much going for it, colour and movement

• Like 2

Debbie, Laurey and I took a trip to New Paltz, in Ulster County, NY, to explore our roots. Here's a photo of a book that was available in the Historic Huguenot Street Gift Shop. We have been doing this kind of exploring a lot lately and this was our first chance to bring Debbie along on one of our trips. 

P52-WEEK 27-2024-JULY 14-HUGUENOT BOOK_600.jpg

• Like 1
  • Love 4

1 hour ago, Corrie Kinkel said:

I love your photos and I'm always stunned by the colors of the birds in your part of the world!

As am I. Many of the birds  have such vibrantly colourful colours. Would you believe it, if I was tell you that they are incredibly  difficult to spot, as even with their  bright colours they blend into their habitat  perfectly. Usually, especially with the orioles, as they are always very vocal. I listen from where the song is coming from, and then look hard for them.

• Love 2

Along a street I always pass on my way to do the grocery shopping, our local authority has decided to sow a wildflower mixture instead of the normal grass seeds. This was done so the weekly mowing could be skipped to cut back the costs. This is done on many spots in my village and this year, thanks to the abundant rain the flowers are doing fantastic. It is a wild meadow on a very small scale. This week was no exception qua rain and I had no photos to share at all, so this evening I went on foot and took a lot of photos including this one. It is Birdsfoot trefoil and afterwards I used a setting of studiolight get all the attention on the flowers 

WEEK-28-600.jpg

• Love 4

4 hours ago, Corrie Kinkel said:

Along a street I always pass on my way to do the grocery shopping, our local authority has decided to sow a wildflower mixture instead of the normal grass seeds. This was done so the weekly mowing could be skipped to cut back the costs. This is done on many spots in my village and this year, thanks to the abundant rain the flowers are doing fantastic. It is a wild meadow on a very small scale. This week was no exception qua rain and I had no photos to share at all, so this evening I went on foot and took a lot of photos including this one. It is Birdsfoot trefoil and afterwards I used a setting of studiolight get all the attention on the flowers 

WEEK-28-600.jpg

I love wildflowers.

• Thanks 1
  • Love 1

20 hours ago, Corrie Kinkel said:

Beautiful thistle, and I have photos taken of a thistle too this evening when I was on a walk to take some photos, see my story on this week 28. But decided to use another photo for this week.

I am also quite captivated by this photo.  You can see so much detail in the part below the bloom.  It's so interesting.  

1 hour ago, Susan Ewart said:

I am also quite captivated by this photo.  You can see so much detail in the part below the bloom.  It's so interesting.  

Thank you and I'm quite charmed with this studiolight option on my iPhone, it is the first time I used it. Normally I have my settings for taking a portret picture to the default normal light, but the iPhone I have let me change the lighting options after taking the picture. It is a setting I will explore a bit more on a suitable photo that is.