Greeting Card Workshop - 2024

Cassel

@kasanyShe seems to at least like sitting in the driver's seat Pretending to drive! She cracks me up (she also has to "inspect" the water running into the toilet tank as if she's making sure all the parts are working correctly. I have to say - she entertains herself pretty good (I'm just here to move the car seat forward and take the lid off of and put it back on the tank). Oh yeah - and for food :-)LOVE Her.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 5/25/2024 at 6:29 AM, Cristina said:
On 5/24/2024 at 6:30 PM, Sheila Hogg said:

My number 5. I used a line art image from CF and coloured it in. I used some ribbon elements I have made some other time and recoloured to fit. I used some dotty texture at different sizes. The font from CF is called Christmas Love. TFL.

CardWorkshop-Card5-Resize-SGH-25-05-2024.jpg

I love everything about this layout, Sheila! The colors, the texture, the font... Great work!

Expand  

@Cristina - I love this -- the letters really "jump" off the page.

• Like 1

These cards are just amazing! As usual, when I sign up for a workshop I immediately get a heavy workload. But I did get three cards so far. I can't believe what I have learned in just these three projects!

greetingcardtemplate1christmas600.jpg.7eb72186d4f9231f4dbcc5aeb4447c02.jpgCardWorkshop-Card2600.jpg.a48ca93c3b80f0ff3fdc3d212cf12326.jpg

greeting ard 3 get well 600.jpg

greeting card  template 3 get well inside.600 .jpg

• Love 13

8 minutes ago, Dee Morris said:

These cards are just amazing! As usual, when I sign up for a workshop I immediately get a heavy workload. But I did get three cards so far. I can't believe what I have learned in just these three projects!

I so agree with you, Dee. If I don't manage to get everything done, I can still complete the cards anyway.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 1

Hi,

today I was able to finish the third card in peace. @ Carole: Email is on the way.

The "doctor-doctor" Scrap is already older and unfortunately without Tou's and names, only "CD". The heart with EKG is from Pixabay- OpenClipart-Vectors

large.DS-GetWellSoon-CardWorkshop-Card3-700px.jpg.58a3fe5147cb4a52cc9e1d90df9759dd.jpg

• Like 5
  • Love 8

On 27.5.2024 at 06:28, Jeni Simpson said:

Card 7, endlich.
Ich wollte, dass diese Karte weicher und femininer ist als andere, die ich abgeschlossen habe.
Ich habe mich für ein Foto entschieden, das ich vor vielen Jahren von einem Rosenstrauch gemacht habe, obwohl ich nur die Rosen einen Bouquet-ish-Look wollte.
Das Band stammt aus Melo Vrijhof von Digital Scrapbook. Dies wurde koloriert, um der zitronenfarbenen Rose am Boden des Fotos zu entsprechen, mit Adjust > Hue und Saturation > Hue Map, etwas, das ich noch nie bemerkt hatte, danke, Carole.
Die von mir verwendete Schrift ist eine meiner Favoriten, Romantisch kostenlos für persönliche von maisfontes. Ich habe es abgewinkelt, um mit dem Band in Einklang zu kommen, ohne zu klein werden zu lassen, und ich denke, es funktioniert im Winkel.
Jeni
HappyBirthdayRoses-Card7-800x571-jeni.jpg.608e514061829878802b807966fb45f6.jpg

What's the name of your pretty font?

• Love 1

11 hours ago, Doska St. said:

What's the name of your pretty font?

Hi Doska, it is a favourite script font of mine, Romantically Free for personal, and is by Mais Fontes. It is available free at cufonfonts.com.

• Thanks 1

The extra card for Card 4.

We have a beautiful lighthouse on the south coast, about a half hour away and we often see sea lions either on the beach, or come up to the dunes in front of the lighthouse to sleep the day away. I have almost fallen over them, they hide in the long tussocks.
I have used Lemon Milk and Liorah BT for this card. The quote is by Rumi.
The ribbon is from Janet Kemp at Digital Scrapbook and I did alter the colour to fit.
Jeni
Card4-Extra2024-600x600-jeni.jpg.fac02701b264a96380129bdcfe03b165.jpg

• Like 1
  • Love 9

Card 5 extra.
Background used is from Annette Marie from Digital Scrapbook. 
Font is Cambria, it comes already installed.
Seals are local entities, they can be a nuisance sleeping beside the road near beaches. We have to be careful they don't wander.
Jeni
jeni-Card5-Extra2024-600x600.jpg.49222a883886f0638a9ea28023f5239f.jpg

• Love 10

On 5/29/2024 at 6:40 PM, Jeni Simpson said:

I so agree with you, Dee. If I don't manage to get everything done, I can still complete the cards anyway.

@Dee Morris and @Jeni Simpson
I'm determined to complete the workshop this time. The thread remains open so there is no time limit. Don't hesitate to share what you finish.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Extra card 6.
I chose a paper by Jessica Dunn from Digital Scrapbook called Cornflowers & Cows striped paper.
The photograph was taken many years ago in San Francisco's Chinatown.
The font is Chinthia White from Creative Fabrica.
Jeni
friends-Card6-Extra2024-jeni-600x429.jpg.2bce342b60b1523e0325efd3c7fb48f2.jpg

• Like 2
  • Love 10

Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, Jeni Simpson said:

Hi Doska, it is a favourite script font of mine, Romantically Free for personal, and is by Mais Fontes. It is available free at cufonfonts.com.

Thank you very much Jeni, I thought "romantically" in your scrap description was a description, not a font name, sorry.

and your newest card are very elegant. I have a scrap from Chinatown too in my DS-Gallery.

Edited by Doska St.
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, Doska St. said:

Thank you very much Jeni, I thought "romantically" in your scrap description was a description, not a font name, sorry.

and your newest card are very elegant. I have a scrap from Chinatown too in my DS-Gallery.

Thank you, Doska for your comments. I'm glad to help with naming that font, no apology is required. I'm trying to remember what fonts I use, and I might have to name layers using font names. I have a few fonts with names ending in 'free for personal'.
Your Chinatown scrap is great, Doska, you used an unusual 'frame' for your photograph, I love it.

• Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, Jeni Simpson said:

Thank you, Doska for your comments. I'm glad to help with naming that font, no apology is required. I'm trying to remember what fonts I use, and I might have to name layers using font names. I have a few fonts with names ending in 'free for personal'.
Your Chinatown scrap is great, Doska, you used an unusual 'frame' for your photograph, I love it.

🤗 Thank you Jeni. I am a big FONT fan😍, I have in 19 years 4000 fonts collected. But I'm still always on the lookout for new fonts in different styles. Of course, I also have to remove some that I have duplicated or never used.😊Your font i used for a birthday card for a family member now.

• Like 2
  • Love 1

13 minutes ago, Doska St. said:

🤗 Thank you Jeni. I am a big FONT fan😍, I have in 19 years 4000 fonts collected. But I'm still always on the lookout for new fonts in different styles. Of course, I also have to remove some that I have duplicated or never used.😊Your font i used for a birthday card for a family member now.

@Doska St. A kindred spirit ~ I'm a font-a-holic, too!

52 minutes ago, Jeni Simpson said:

@Jeni Simpson I use the Image Information to keep track of what I do.
image.jpeg.bee378ac6a818b1e949296e7128540df.jpeg

• Like 4
  • Love 5

On 5/29/2024 at 1:13 PM, Peggy Dyar said:

@kasanyShe seems to at least like sitting in the driver's seat Pretending to drive! She cracks me up (she also has to "inspect" the water running into the toilet tank as if she's making sure all the parts are working correctly. I have to say - she entertains herself pretty good (I'm just here to move the car seat forward and take the lid off of and put it back on the tank). Oh yeah - and for food :-)LOVE Her.

One of my cats is obsessed with watching the toilet flush. A previous cat I had could flush the toilet. 

• Haha 5

1 hour ago, Susan Ewart said:

Great idea!

Carole has a script that will the name of each layer into the image information. I use it to keep a record of the various kits I use on my layouts. I do have to add the name of the fonts used after the script runs though since it only reads the name of the layers.

Although, the script doesn't always run as it should in both 2021 and 2023. I still have X8 and the script runs perfectly in that version. So once I've saved the pspimage file, I open it in X8 to run the script then save the jpg (sometimes in X8, sometimes in 2023).

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 1

I the process of writing my book, currently, I needed to find the source of all the kits and the fonts I used in layouts made years ago. When I used the Open as Layer-Rename script, it would include the name of the file I used (whether it was a paper, a ribbon, a flower, etc.). This has saved me a lot of headaches in figuring out what kit was used. I also always keep a vector version of all the text, so when I reopen the layered file, if I have used a specific font that is not installed on my computer, I would get a popup telling me what is missing. And if the font is installed, I just have to double-click on the vector layer as if I wanted to edit the text, and it was immediately selected in the Text toolbar.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 4

• Cassel unpinned this topic

Here's Day 7...Finally! I didn't do the envelope because I don't print my cards. That beautiful baby is from Unsplash, a great source for free pics. The lace and flower are both from DS/PS and the font is StylePro (Sorry, but I don't know where I got it).

large.CardWorkshopDay7600.jpg.2032da7d1f1e88b50a69000d9a0e78bd.jpg

• Love 10

6 hours ago, Susan Ewart said:

One of my cats is obsessed with watching the toilet flush. A previous cat I had could flush the toilet. 

My last kitty liked to sleep in the bathroom sink downstairs (nice and cool in the summer.)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Love 1

4 hours ago, Michele said:

Here's Day 7...Finally! I didn't do the envelope because I don't print my cards. That beautiful baby is from Unsplash, a great source for free pics. The lace and flower are both from DS/PS and the font is StylePro (Sorry, but I don't know where I got it).

large.CardWorkshopDay7600.jpg.2032da7d1f1e88b50a69000d9a0e78bd.jpg

I always love the fonts you display in your layouts. You must have quite a collection!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 1