May 2024 - P52 Challenge

Cassel

spacer.png

Do you want to challenge yourself to take photos every week for a year?

Maybe you want to practice your photography skills, or just try to capture "ordinary" daily occurrences.

Let's just encourage each other.

This is a no-pressure thread, and you can share the photos you took or the theme you are going for (if you are going with a theme).

And if you don't want to share the photos yet, and only showcase them once they are in a montage or a scrapbook page, you can just say that you did it.

And it is ok to start your 52 weeks at any time. It does not have to start in January!

My Week Eighteen - the Chipping Sparrow. They are tiny little birds and I love their rufous caps. They are all over the ground under my feeders. The photo is from Merlin which ID'd it for me.

PS52-WEEK EIGHTEEN-CHIPPING SPARROW_600.jpg

• Love 7

1 hour ago, Ann Seeber said:

the Chipping Sparrow.

What an absolutely delightful little bird! It really is quite lovely that we get to see them when they visit garden feeders.

• Like 2

Week 18 We have bluebells everywhere. Spring has definitely sprung! I didn’t plan on photographing the insect – I was happily snapping away at bluebells but the little fella was so charming I had to choose this photo.

week 18 600.jpg

• Love 8

Week 18...caught up enough to get behind again. 😁

Background paper by RachelLm-seth paper15 (Digitalscrapbook.com).  Fonts Emil Love (Wk18) and Emely Love (creative fabrica)

and reposted here after posting in April by mistake (even after making a note that it should be in May).

P52 Wk18 - 5 Diamonds-600.jpg

• Love 7

Posted (edited)

Almost all Torties are female - it's a genetic thing. "Brandy" is my newest visitor and is now showing up twice a day for meals. When I go out to feed her, I say "hello" and she answers "meiow!" ☺️ Torties are known for being a bit feisty. They even have a special term for it - "Tortitude."  The font is Valentina.

BRANDY-Tortoiseshell_600.jpg

Edited by Ann Seeber
added data
  • Like 1
  • Love 5

3 hours ago, Ann Seeber said:

Almost all Torties are female - it's a genetic thing. "Brandy" is my newest visitor and is now showing up twice a day for meals. When I go out to feed her, I say "hello" and she answers "meiow!" ☺️ Torties are known for being a bit feisty. They even have a special term for it - "Tortitude."  The font is Valentina.

BRANDY-Tortoiseshell_600.jpg

I love this Ann.  I didn't know that about Torties (being mostly females).  I had a cat for a short time (Emi) and the vet said she was a Torbie...A tabby tortie.  And she had such a zest for life and was the biggest cat I've ever had.  Sadly, she past suddenly due to a failing heart valve(we found that out later).  I didn't get enough time with her.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

My week 18 is about Yosemite National Park where we stayed for the weekend. It is very imposing with the granite rocks and the waterfalls. It was still early in the season, so there were no crowds, but we have had all kinds of weather, including snow! At first it started to rain in the afternoon and when we were having diner the rain became snow. The temperatures dropped below zero and the snow blanketed the roads, which were closed to all traffic. Only one road stayed open and we had to use that one to drive to the camping where we had a cabin. It meant we had to take a detour of over an hour to get there in the dark on winding roads; luckily my daughter had rented a 4-wheel drive because of the weather predictions! The next morning there was a layer of approximate 5 cm of snow but is was sunny and the park rangers had cleared the roads with snow ploughs. When driving along a road we could see some cars that were stuck there and the people in them had been evacuated by the rangers; they had a busy night! It was quite an adventure in conditions that doesn't exists in the Netherlands.  

WEEK-18-600.jpg

• Love 5

Week 19 marks the end of my stay with my family. I have enjoyed being there and taking part in their daily lives as well as going on some weekendtrips together. I spend some quality time alone with each of my granddaughters, which we both cherished. I even did some volunteer work in the class of my youngest granddaughter where they could use some help with the bookinterviews! The children had to tell about a book that they had read and they had to answer some questions about it. I got a list of questions to ask depending on the kind of book and I was very impressed how eloquent most of them were! Now I'm slowly adjusting back at home where my husband is glad that I came back in one piece😉.

WEEK-19-600.jpg

• Like 1
  • Love 4

11 minutes ago, Corrie Kinkel said:

Week 19 marks the end of my stay with my family. I have enjoyed being there and taking part in their daily lives as well as going on some weekendtrips together. I spend some quality time alone with each of my granddaughters, which we both cherished. I even did some volunteer work in the class of my youngest granddaughter where they could use some help with the bookinterviews! The children had to tell about a book that they had read and they had to answer some questions about it. I got a list of questions to ask depending on the kind of book and I was very impressed how eloquent most of them were! Now I'm slowly adjusting back at home where my husband is glad that I came back in one piece😉.

WEEK-19-600.jpg

Welcome back, Corrie! So glad you got to experience Yellowstone, it is one of our Wonders! 

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, Ann Seeber said:

Welcome back, Corrie! So glad you got to experience Yellowstone, it is one of our Wonders! 

Thank you Ann, but I visited Yosemite, which is doable from the San Francisco Bay area for a weekend. Yellowstone is on my wishlist, maybe some other time in the future; who knows.

9 hours ago, Corrie Kinkel said:

Thank you Ann, but I visited Yosemite, which is doable from the San Francisco Bay area for a weekend. Yellowstone is on my wishlist, maybe some other time in the future; who knows.

Yes, of course! Sorry I got my "Ys" mixed up there. 😁 They are both wonderful. 

Since Tuesday I have had an influx of birds.  A large flock of Goldfinches and Siskins turned up on Tuesday.  A Pair of Brown Thrashers turned up a fortnight ago, and another pair arrived on Wednesday.  Two  female Rose breasted Grosbeaks arrived yesterday, along with the first of the Wrens.  I have photos of them all, as I have erected  several new feeding stations out in the trees using loose and fallen tree bark. You will no doubt see many of the photos in upcoming layouts.  The remaining  white-crowned Sparrows with their  eloquent song, are here to stay, as the majority them  had moved on over a week ago.  I chose this image to showcase, as between his posture and expression,   he  simply  melted my heart. The trees are now teaming with birds and bird song.   Photo taken yesterday afternoon. 

WEEK TWENTY.jpg

Edited by Sue Thomas
  • Love 3

7 hours ago, Sue Thomas said:

Since Tuesday I have had an influx of birds.  A large flock of Goldfinches and Siskins turned up on Tuesday.  A Pair of Brown Thrashers turned up a fortnight ago, and another pair arrived on Wednesday.  Two  female Rose breasted Grosbeaks arrived yesterday, along with the first of the Wrens.  I have photos of them all, as I have erected  several new feeding stations out in the trees using loose and fallen tree bark. You will no doubt see many of the photos in upcoming layouts.  The remaining  white-crowned Sparrows with their  eloquent song, are here to stay, as the majority them  had moved on over a week ago.  I chose this image to showcase, as between his posture and expression,   he  simply  melted my heart. The trees are now teaming with birds and bird song.   Photo taken yesterday afternoon. 

WEEK TWENTY.jpg

So sweet.  He looks like he has a little helmut or cap on his head.  

• Like 1