March 2024 - P52 challenge

Cassel

spacer.png

Do you want to challenge yourself to take photos every week for a year?

Maybe you want to practice your photography skills, or just try to capture "ordinary" daily occurrences.

Let's just encourage each other.

This is a no-pressure thread, and you can share the photos you took or the theme you are going for (if you are going with a theme).

And if you don't want to share the photos yet, and only showcase them once they are in a montage or a scrapbook page, you can just say that you did it.

And it is ok to start your 52 weeks at any time. It does not have to start in January!

I did week 9 in the February thread, because most of that week was still in Feb. 

This is my week 10 and it features the "Grote Kerk" (Big Church) in Breda. Breda is a big city and about 12 km from where we live, but we don't go there often. This week however we wanted to go to a specific store that we don't have in our village and the weather was nice for a change. The church on the photo is undergoing restoration at the moment and is partially in scaffolding, but seen from this angle the tower looks great. Where ever you are in the city center and beyond you will see this tower; it really is a landmark.

WEEK-10-600.jpg

• Love 8

• Cassel pinned this topic

It has been a week of snow, blowing snow and white outs.  Image taken out back in the trees. To me, I see,  An eerie stillness, even with  blowing snow, in the woods, in the depth of winter. A typical March day. 

Week ten.jpg

Edited by Sue Thomas
  • Love 10

Week 10 This photo was taken as the day was coming to an end from an upstairs window. It was taken extending the zoom on my little digital camera as far as it could go to capture trees and a snowy hillside a long way in the distance past chimney tops and roofs. I haven’t altered it in any way because I rather like its bleak moodiness at the end of a grey day.

week 10 600.jpg

• Like 2
  • Love 5

Here is my Week Ten, featuring a Photopolymer Etching by my daughter, Debbie Lennox, of her Big River Farm in Springtime that I converted to Grayscale just to see how that would work. The original is in tones of brown. The font is now Cardigan Script.

P52-WEEK TEN-BigRiverFarmSpringPHOTOPOLYMER ETCHING-dbl_600.jpg

Edited by Ann Seeber
  • Love 7

P52 Week 10.  

Yay! We are in the double digits now.  And I'm caught up here (waaay behind in Build A Kit).

I used Lifted Photo script (Creation Cassel) and the color of Counting cards script looked quite nice once I put the background in (the outer frame and fonts is the last step I do).  I had wondered about putting a shadow on the bigger font (Week Ten) and when I went to put that shadow on I still had the last shadow as a reverse shadow and it made the font pop a bit more so I left it like that. the background is an inverted gradient, then I used halftone (lines) effect and a bit of Add Noise. 

The font is aptly called Queen Victoria Vintage, likely from CF (there is a bunch in this font family, presumably each with their own glyphs, which seemed plentiful).  

P52 Wk10 - QUEEN - Clubs-600.jpg

• Love 6

Here is my week eleven.  Doing this challenge really does make you realize how quickly the weeks simply fly by.  Saturday  is the start of a new week for me. 

I was quite privileged, and awe inspiring to be allowed to get fairly close to  this  big procupine. (Weekeleven.jpg.ba1b1b246db5fe6d17177354eab13d21.jpgDanielson Park, trail hiking)  I didn't feel threateneed by it, as it didn't display  any signs of being threatened itself.  AS they will retraet up a tree rather than attack.  As it was feeding on bark and twigs. They have a more varied diet during the summer months. They have such tiny eyes for its size.

Week eleven.jpg

Edited by Sue Thomas
  • WOW 1
  • Love 5

5 minutes ago, Sue Thomas said:

Here is my week eleven.  Doing this challenge really does make you realize how quickly the weeks simply fly by.  Saturday  is the start of a new week for me. 

I was quite privileged, and awe inspiring to be allowed to get fairly close to  this  big procupine. (Weekeleven.jpg.ba1b1b246db5fe6d17177354eab13d21.jpgDanielson Park, trail hiking)  I didn't feel threateneed by it, as it didn't display  any signs of being threatened itself.  AS they will retraet up a tree rather than attack.  As it was feeding on bark and twigs. They have a more varied diet during the summer months. They have such tiny eyes for its size.

Week eleven.jpg

well I don't know what happened to my post, text all over the place, and two images.

• Haha 2

7 hours ago, Sue Thomas said:

Week eleven.jpg

WOW.  JUST.  WOW!

7 hours ago, Sue Thomas said:

well I don't know what happened to my post, text all over the place, and two images.

It's the computer mischief fairies at work.  Simply stunning layout and such an incredible photo, so incredible it deserved to be shown twice!  I think you are a nature magnet....I think the porcupine is thinking the same thing...."I am incredibly privileged to be photographed by Sue Thomas, I've been waiting weeks for this day".  All kidding aside.  You put in a lot of work and you get the rewards for it.  Best payday ever, eh?

PS.  I was so proud of how less word-y I was on the original post...and here I am blabbering away ruining my good intentions of less talk.

• Haha 1
  • Love 4

8 hours ago, Susan Ewart said:

It's the computer mischief fairies at work.  Simply stunning layout and such an incredible photo, so incredible it deserved to be shown twice!  I think you are a nature magnet....I think the porcupine is thinking the same thing...."I am incredibly privileged to be photographed by Sue Thomas, I've been waiting weeks for this day".  All kidding aside.  You put in a lot of work and you get the rewards for it.  Best payday ever, eh?

PS.  I was so proud of how less word-y I was on the original post...and here I am blabbering away ruining my good intentions of less talk.

I am really appreciative of your words, whether you are babbling, or short and to the point. I never know what I'm going to find.  I always have my wits about me. Constanly looking, listening, treading lightly.  The rewards can be  immence. 

• Like 3

17 hours ago, Sue Thomas said:

Sue I had that happen to me too and I found that if by chance your cursor is somewhere in your text instead of at the end on a new line, maybe because you had a typo to correct and you insert your project it comes somewhere between your text.

WEEK-11:  This week we had a couple of very fine spring days and we were visiting a nursery in a nearby village where we go quite often. They have a nice place to sit with something to drink/eat as well and outside they have at the moment so many plants in stock that I couldn't help myself and made a couple of photos from the big display of pansies. Of course we took some home with us and they are now on the garden table where we can see them from the livingroom.

WEEK-11-600.jpg

• Like 1
  • Love 5

1 hour ago, Sue Thomas said:

I am really appreciative of your words, whether you are babbling, or short and to the point. I never know what I'm going to find.  I always have my wits about me. Constanly looking, listening, treading lightly.  The rewards can be  immence. 

Well said. Me too....avert my eyes and back away slowly (from drama, conflict or any uncomfortable situation).  But...please be comfortable enough with me to say anything you want and give me any advice you feel would help in my learning, regardless of what anyone says or thinks.  If you're speaking to or helping me (especially if you have knock it into my brain- I can be super dense sometimes) only you and me matter in that moment.  

• Like 1
  • Love 1

5 minutes ago, Corrie Kinkel said:

WEEK-11:  This week we had a couple of very fine spring days and we were visiting a nursery in a nearby village where we go quite often. They have a nice place to sit with something to drink/eat as well and outside they have at the moment so many plants in stock that I couldn't help myself and made a couple of photos from the big display of pansies. Of course we took some home with us and they are now on the garden table where we can see them from the livingroom.

WEEK-11-600.jpg

Wow, how lucky to have flowers already.  Looks like nice sunny day.  And I have to say I love 11 in your language because it's also a Christmas character, what better number is there? 

3 hours ago, Susan Ewart said:

Wow, how lucky to have flowers already.  Looks like nice sunny day.  And I have to say I love 11 in your language because it's also a Christmas character, what better number is there? 

Luckily we are getting some sunny days now, everybody over here is fed up with all that rain and gloomy weather! Not only in the garden centers but outside the flowers are coming now! So hopefully I can show some in the coming weeks. This afternoon I went for a stroll and I haven't got far, because I have taken a couple of shot of the prunus trees that are springing into life! I know about the character elf, also in the elf from the shelf book! 

• Like 1

Week 11 This collared dove is a regular visitor to the garden. She is perched on a walnut tree branch but behind her you can see some pink and white blossom on other trees - spring has definitely started.

week 11 600.jpg

• Like 1
  • Love 6

8 hours ago, Corrie Kinkel said:

Sue I had that happen to me too and I found that if by chance your cursor is somewhere in your text instead of at the end on a new line, maybe because you had a typo to correct and you insert your project it comes somewhere between your text.

I think you are right, good to know I'm not the only one blips happen too!  

• Haha 1

Hello everyone! Stunning images here, such a treat. I'm not sure if I'm playing this challenge correctly. Or should I rather just post a photo instead of a layout? Supplies myself (love the plaid trick @Cassel), font is Times New Roman.

spacer.png

Edited by bina greene
  • Love 5

21 minutes ago, bina greene said:

Hello everyone! Stunning images here, such a treat. I'm not sure if I'm playing this challenge correctly. Or should I rather just post a photo instead of a layout? Supplies myself (love the plaid trick @Cassel), font is Times New Roman.

Since making one layout per week is often difficult for many, we opted to suggest one photo per week, but if you can do a whole layout, that is even better!

4 hours ago, bina greene said:

spacer.png

After seeing this beautiful layout I'm BEGGING you to please continue as you are doing.  I think this challenge is pretty relaxed on rules and that makes it why I wanted to do it.  

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I'm a bit early with my week12 but I don't think it will be getting much better then this. We have lovely Spring days at the moment and there is so much coming into flower. Yesterday we went to the "Heemtuin" in a nearby village where a large natural garden is created which only has wild flowers, trees and shrubs that are native for this area. I was able to take a lot of photos, so in other projects I will use many more. This photo is of a Prunus variety.

WEEK-12-600.jpg

• Love 9

4 hours ago, Corrie Kinkel said:

I'm a bit early with my week12 but I don't think it will be getting much better then this. We have lovely Spring days at the moment and there is so much coming into flower. Yesterday we went to the "Heemtuin" in a nearby village where a large natural garden is created which only has wild flowers, trees and shrubs that are native for this area. I was able to take a lot of photos, so in other projects I will use many more. This photo is of a Prunus variety.

WEEK-12-600.jpg

Beautiful image!  Spring is still a long way off here.  I'm in a bit of a quandary, unless  something else comes along for me to photograph.  Ground squirrel or Redpoll photo?