Alphabet Game - FITNESS

Cassel

4 hours ago, Corrie Kinkel said:

I do aquafit too, but what are jumping jacks?

stand with arms at sides, feet together.  Jump up and land with arms straight out to the side and feet wide, jump up again, and return to start.  Repeat with a faster cadence, constantly moving.  I looks like you are making snow angels, but standing up.  You see people in the military doing that.  

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Susan Ewart said:

stand with arms at sides, feet together.  Jump up and land with arms straight out to the side and feet wide, jump up again, and return to start.  Repeat with a faster cadence, constantly moving.  I looks like you are making snow angels, but standing up.  You see people in the military doing that.  

We had to have our arms straight up! You had it easy. LOL 
image.jpeg.da25aeb6c437b832614f3b272349b521.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, Michele said:

P = Pull-ups...I could never do those in school. No upper body strength.

It's a toughie for sure.  It's starts with scapular retraction which most people don't do, they tend to pull with the bicep first thus not engaging the back very well (biceps are a tiny muscle group to be doing all that work).  Assisted pulls ups are great too! (with bands or on an assissted pull up machine at the gym).

• Like 1

Q = Quadratus Lumborum (QL's) 

This muscles attach on the back side (posterior) of you, bottom 4 ribs to the pelvis.  They are work-a-holics and will take over if your core isn't doing work (ie. no being engaged when it should be). Often the culprit of sore low back problems.  I banged one side so hard once that one side got twisted in the fascia (called QL syndrome) and caused all kinds of havoc for 3 months until my massage therapist was able to get it untwisted.  

• WOW 2