Campus Dozen

Cassel

I went looking for something I did 'way back in a Bootcamp. That was so worth doing, and I think I did it twice? It's where I learned about Layers and how important they are. And do you know, I still forget sometimes to add a new layer each time I want to add something! This one is from 4 years ago.

Layers Project 1-600.jpg

• Like 5
  • Love 9

8 hours ago, Sheila Hogg said:

Another image learnt from Carole's PSP Christmas 2 webinar. It was line drawn, coloured and shaded. The glitter edging made a lovely finish.

PSP Christmas 2-SGH.jpg

Sheila, I love this…love the color and the glitter edge, too. I’m going to have to look up this masterclass for sure.

• Love 2

4 hours ago, Julie Magerka said:

Going through files of layouts I've created has been interesting....in that I'm finding very few! Most of them are ones I've made as cards or greetings for friends or FB, etc. Or they don't connect directly to a lab or tutorial. Or they were from monthly challenges. Huh. I did find the Text Workshop layouts I did, so I picked this one with filled text. Those workshop lessons were, however, only for Diamond members.

But I have learned so much by being a member of this group, here and on FB and YouTube.

text fill project 600.jpg

I love this one!

• Like 2
  • Love 2

6 hours ago, Suzy said:

CaliCat, your LOs are really exotic! Professional, too. Using Google translate for character writing though, is GENIUS!

I won’t use any Japanese, Chinese, character writing because I’m afraid my “I Love You” will turn out to be “Pluck eyebrows” or something,  but using Google translate is the greatest idea! 

Omigosh Suzy - you have me cracking up. Sure glad there wasn't anything in my mouth! Too funny. I actually use the DeepL translator because some ladies from France told me it translated better than Google. Since my French is extremely limited, I took their word for it. It is free and I just use the scissors to grab the text. https://www.deepl.com/translator And thank you for the lovely compliment.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Susan Ewart said:

https://scrapbookcampus.com/promo/masks-workshop/lesson-1/

MASKS WORKSHOP - Day 1

I loved this workshop.  I had wanted to learn how to do masks for so long and was grateful when the workshop came around again.

Mask WS Day 1 Peace-600.jpg

I love doing masking, especially with brushes since one has so much more control that way. Your creation is gorgeous.

• Love 2

https://scrapbookcampus.com/the-lab/lab-6-module-04/

NOTEBOOK LAB 6 - 4

I was on a spacey roll with both this Lab and 6-3 (seen in the post above).  The Labs are great to learn multiple techniques and find ways to use them in a layout.  Or you can do the techniques on their own to showcase what you did.  I need lots of practice with layouts and design so these are great to really strengthen my design muscles.  

LAB 6-4 Moon Seeds-600.jpg

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • Love 10

5 hours ago, Linda J Walker said:

This was done for day 5 of the Vector Workshop. I don't know how to find the link for the tutorial! 

5-day_2_compressed.jpg

Yes! More flowers and most especially if they are sunflowers. My favorite! Using two colors for the text really made the whole image pop.

• Like 2
  • Love 1

3 minutes ago, CaliKat said:

I love doing masking, especially with brushes since one has so much more control that way. Your creation is gorgeous.

Thank you so much.  I am still learning and have much more to learn, this was a template we turned into a mask.  I wish I could take credit for actually making the shape of the mask.  That is my next step.  I need to work on it more.

https://scrapbookcampus.com/the-lab/lab-6-module-12/

NOTEBOOK LAB 6-12

This one got real involved and became a double page.  The tutorial for the tokens was an eye opener about using "repeats" in the materials palette (using a gradient).  This had to be made really small to go in the forum so it looks blurry.

Lab 6-12 CMY The Color Game-600.jpg

Edited by Susan Ewart
  • Like 1
  • WOW 1
  • Love 16

6 minutes ago, Dan Greenwood said:

This was a tricky card for my wife's 70th birthday.  I had to deconstruct two pictures and then reconstruct them into one, which was cut to appear on two angles of the card.  Here are different views.

Can you point to a class, a tutorial, or a blog article that you used to make this project?