What are you working on in September (2023)?

Cassel

26 minutes ago, Julie Magerka said:

I keep working on something, fuss around with it, and then set it aside. Can't seem to settle on anything I like. Maybe one day....

For now, for the occasion of this special day, I thought I would contribute my support for the Indigenous peoples of Canada. I forgot to wear an orange shirt!

truth & reconciliatioon.jpg

That is beautiful Julie.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Julie Magerka said:

Christmas cards? And you're finished with them? What a wonder worker! I'm not even sure what I'm having to eat later....?

Mid October is when I usually start thinking about the festive season when it comes to making Xmas cards etc.  As the days get shorter, and the nights get longer is when I find I have more time to be creative.  This year is an exception, as I have been steadily plodding along making  all  my cards and calendars since I knew that I was going home  for the whole of December and January.  I'll be printing more of the cards than usual, as I will be able to give them to the  recipients in person., which I am really looking forward to.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Julie Magerka said:

I keep working on something, fuss around with it, and then set it aside. Can't seem to settle on anything I like. Maybe one day....

For now, for the occasion of this special day, I thought I would contribute my support for the Indigenous peoples of Canada. I forgot to wear an orange shirt!

truth & reconciliatioon.jpg

That is a beautiful tribute to the atrocities inflicted on the First Nations of any country.  Do you have any hobbies, or enjoy baking, needle work etc that you can take photos of, and then  showcase them in layouts.  It may help  you if  you have passion for something. That passion will  then show through in your work,  and in turn you will be  happy and like what you have done. Don't try to hard, and over think  what you are doing.  Like this page you have created.  You obviously feel strongly about it, and it comes through in your page.  I hope I haven't spoken out of turn. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 1

42 minutes ago, Sue Thomas said:

Mid October is when I usually start thinking about the festive season when it comes to making Xmas cards etc.  As the days get shorter, and the nights get longer is when I find I have more time to be creative.  This year is an exception, as I have been steadily plodding along making  all  my cards and calendars since I knew that I was going home  for the whole of December and January.  I'll be printing more of the cards than usual, as I will be able to give them to the  recipients in person., which I am really looking forward to.

I'm happy to hear you're going "over the pond" to home for a good long time. Can't wait to see all the photos that come from it.

• Thanks 1

The last day of September, so the last layout for What are you working on this month. I saw a layout I liked, played with interpretation of it, and got this. Used a photo of my niece and her daughter in the leaves from many years ago. The background stripes are mine and the masks I used. But not much else.

Sep working on with GT_600.jpg

Edited by Julie Magerka
  • Love 6

12 minutes ago, Julie Magerka said:

The last day of September, so the last layout for What are you working on this month. I saw a layout I liked, played with interpretation of it, and got this. Used a photo of my niece and her daughter in the leaves from many years ago. The background stripes are mine and the masks I used. But not much else.

It doesn't need anything else, it's perfect as it is.

• Love 1

2 minutes ago, Mary Solaas said:

@Phil Kettmann 

I have used Corel software (Paintshop and Video Studio) for close to 20 years and I'm still learning new things about how it works. Maybe one day I might open the instructions.

Me, too, Phil.  Cassel's the greatest teacher.  She explains things so well.  Even if I can't boil water, she teaches me how to.

Well said, I concur.

15 hours ago, Julie Magerka said:

Lovely layout, Julie!

• Thanks 1