Quick-Page Workshop - June 2023

Cassel

5 hours ago, fiona cook said:

Just finished the extra design from Day 4. I selected the images of flowers for their colour to go with the template. I had to change a yellow rose though to pink by using Adjust/Hue and saturation/Hue/Saturation/Lightness. More of a 15 minute job in total. Again because of tweakings!

QP_Extra_Extra4.jpg

Oh, those colors!  they are perfect for this layout.  Love the flowers.  I am trying to grow flowers to photograph this year.  I cant grow anything usually (except, Parsley, thyme and rosemary).  

1 hour ago, Donna Sillia said:

I am just getting to page three, partly due to beautiful weather and partly due to taking so long to decide on pictures. Beach Party is a picture of our van on the beach in St. Augustine. I changed the flower to two of my own from my build a kit. I changed the background under the van to sand from one of my own photos. The lobster is a Summitsoft clip art.

The St. Louis Arch pictures are my own photos. I changed the little houses to a picture of buildings in St. Louis. The top font is an olf called Silverblade and the lower font is sailor bold 1 grunge, a Windows font.

beachparty600.jpg

stlouis600.jpg

Holy wow, are you actually inside the arch?  

QP Extra 4

This time after choosing too many photos because I couldnt decide on something that reflectected a love theme.  I found My brothers dog Bailey.  This dog is little, but she's big on the inside.  She will play fetch for as long the humans can stand it.  We looked after her one weekend and had lots of play time.  I didnt do anything to the photo's just plunked them in and erased the necessary parts and added a title...it truly can be quick.

Font: Klasted (Creative Fabrica).

QP-Extra 4- Bailey Girl-600.jpg

• Like 1
  • Love 10

10 hours ago, Sharla said:

I had to be away from my computer yesterday so am catching up today - it was a joy to look through the posts I'd missed to see all the amazing layouts.

My day 4 project has no tweaks! It also only uses 1 photo. I discovered that my photo showed into all the frames and fit just fine so I ran with. The photo is one of many I took of the sea when I lived at Saltburn on the NE coat of England.

the sea 600.jpg

Just fantastic with one photo, Sharia!

19 hours ago, Susan Ewart said:

QP-Non Scrap-4

I copied others and went with a green theme with old photos I havent seen for more than 10 yrs!  I used Beauty Nature font again.  (Creative Fabrica).  I like this format.  it's a challenge to get the the photo right for the top rectangle.  In playing around I used a very small portion of the plant and learned I dont always need to have most of it showing.  I'm happy with the results and the photo's didnt look too bad for being low res. 

QP-Non Scrap-4 Green-600.jpg

I love particularly the raindrops on the leaves. I took many photos with raindrops on flowers. trees and so on. It is an absolutely fascinating effect.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

9 hours ago, Jannette Nieuwboer said:

I was not intending to make this one but I was practicing making TEXTURES.

So I was looking into my stuff for a suitable application, and I bumped into this one.

Someone had placed it here and I downloaded it. 

It was very terrible working. When I selected one section all were selected.

Advanced this came out of all my creative possibilities.

YOU DON'T HAVE TO LIKE IT ?

As I don't have a FB account I can't download from that source.  

Image1ALPHA.jpg

Obviously we like it? and may be it was not a quick page!

28 minutes ago, Susan Ewart said:

QP Extra 4

This time after choosing too many photos because I couldnt decide on something that reflectected a love theme.  I found My brothers dog Bailey.  This dog is little, but she's big on the inside.  She will play fetch for as long the humans can stand it.  We looked after her one weekend and had lots of play time.  I didnt do anything to the photo's just plunked them in and erased the necessary parts and added a title...it truly can be quick.

Font: Klasted (Creative Fabrica).

QP-Extra 4- Bailey Girl-600.jpg

How cute is that Bailey Girl!

• Love 1

Day 4 is an homage to my daughter who has seriously started taking pictures for me, including photos for just texture. The first one has pictures of the cave at Rickwood cave in Alabama. She remembered how I love caves. I made a texture from one of the photos and used it to fill in the picture frames. I also changed the color to be more compatible with the pictures.

The second one is of Beth taking the photos at the Botanical Gardens near Birmingham, Alabama and some of the flower pictures that she took. I added the marigold flower from one of my own photos. I used masks that I made for some of her other flower photos and added them.

rickwood600.jpg

botanicgardens600.jpg

• Like 3
  • Love 8

16 minutes ago, Donna Sillia said:

The photo is of my husband, but we both went up the arch. It was so exciting! You don't have to walk; they have little cars that take you to the top.

Love it.  I was there in St. Louis when they began the arch and the surrounding park.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

Another try with Day 3, the book I found on Pixabay,  "sundowner" and  dessert plate are mine, I ate this dessert in a restaurant, it was delicious. QP Non Scrap 3, last year in july I had this wonderful giant sunflower in my garden and yes, I really called it Sunny. 

Day 3-w.jpg

QP-Non-Scrap-3.jpg

• Like 3
  • Love 9

26 minutes ago, libera said:

I love particularly the raindrops on the leaves. I took many photos with raindrops on flowers. trees and so on. It is an absolutely fascinating effect.

The rain drops are like mother natures diamonds.  I love them too and find them fascinating to look at.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Donna Sillia said:

Day 4 is an homage to my daughter who has seriously started taking pictures for me, including photos for just texture. The first one has pictures of the cave at Rickwood cave in Alabama. She remembered how I love caves. I made a texture from one of the photos and used it to fill in the picture frames. I also changed the color to be more compatible with the pictures.

The second one is of Beth taking the photos at the Botanical Gardens near Birmingham, Alabama and some of the flower pictures that she took. I added the marigold flower from one of my own photos. I used masks that I made for some of her other flower photos and added them.

rickwood600.jpg

botanicgardens600.jpg

The caverns are WOW...

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Mary Solaas said:

OK - on to Day 4.  I like what I did with the quick page, but am still playing with the others - having trouble with the heart - maybe I'll use some of the things I put on V is for Valentine's Day.

QP 4 2023_600.jpg

Thanks Mary sharing these beauties!

Edited by libera
  • Like 1

For Non-Scrap 4 from yesterday I used some photos I took because my youngest granddaughter asked me to do. She loves and takes care of all sorts of plants and animals! I changed the colors of the template because the colors of the photos didn't get well with the vibrant greens of the template. I turned this into a card which I'll send to her.

QP 5 Extra has again a photo from my trip and when I was in San Francisco I saw Alcatraz in the Bay. Even from a distance it looks so formidable and threatening! I made a small alteration of the template, b  there were little hearts which I replaced with some skulls; this is no place for hearts!

QP-Non-Scrap-4-600.jpg

QP5,Extra-2023-600.jpg

• Like 4
  • Love 8

And now for that green extra on day 4. I changed the color of the original elements with Hue Saturation Lightness with the Colorize option.  That was fun. 

These are pictures I took one day when my daughter and I visited our favorite park. The geese and the ducks are with us always, but occasionally we find one of the heron family there. This day we were lucky and saw a green heron (yes, I know he doesn't look green, but we looked him up when we got home.)

QP Non-Scrap-4 2023_1000.jpg

• Like 1
  • Love 10