June Theme Challenge - FATHER'S DAY

Cassel

Theme-Fathers-Day

Our theme in June is FATHER'S DAY, and by extension, FaTHERS in general. Of course, that can include grandfathers and other fathers than your own. Maybe it is about you too, if you are a father. Do you have photos and stories to share about the fathers in your life? It could be a great opportunity to remember some of those little details that typically are forgotten. Time to put them out in the open!

Let's go!

Post your project in the gallery.

• Love 1

On 6/1/2023 at 9:05 AM, Ann Seeber said:

This is not new but a favorite of mine about my father. I update it yearly. He worked for 40 years as Chief Dispatcher for the Erie Railroad (Now Amtrak).

FATHER'S DAY 2023-HAROLD TERWILLIGER_600.jpg

Is that you up in the 1941 box?  Beautiful layout and tribute to your father.  i like the photos done that way and the background with the curled paper edge.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, Susan Ewart said:

Is that you up in the 1941 box?  Beautiful layout and tribute to your father.  i like the photos done that way and the background with the curled paper edge.  

Thanks, Susan, yes that is me top right (bald baby ?) the year I was born. 

• Like 1
  • Love 1

58 minutes ago, Cassel said:

@Ann Seeber One little trick you might want to use is to hold the Shift key when you draw a preset so it keeps the original proportions. In the last images, it looks like it is a little stretched vertically, compared to the original.

Thanks, Carole. Actually, Magic's dad is overly tall (6 feet/5 inches) and I wanted to show that effect.

• WOW 2

3 hours ago, Susan Ewart said:

Bonnie that's beautifully done.  Is that a bus in the lower right picture.  I love tht one.  

Yes, my Dad drove a City Bus. Dad worked 2-11 and I was in school until 3 or so...we were not home or awake a lot at the same time. I would walk to the bus stop (Dad drove the route through our neighborhood so it was a short walk) and ride a trip with Dad...about an hour's ride. Sometime we had ice cream!

• Love 3

Rudyfathersday2.jpg.6055498660eaea54bd29a377871f927d.jpgThis is my take on remembering my father on Father's Day.

I have pictures of Rudy as I knew him (when older), but I have such a soft spot for this photo of him (from his passport) when he looks so young and vulnerable. He was beset with many trials when he was young (in Europe), but he became a gentle and kind man despite the challenges. My dad....?

I used several backgrounds of paint splashes and splatters b/c I love using them. The background paper is from Digital Scrapbooking (M. Lerin, yesteryear) and lots of recoloring and blending. None of the materials used are mine, except the bevelled frame. I like ripped and torn pieces and asymmetrical designs.

Edited by Julie Magerka
forgot shadow on frame
  • Like 1
  • Love 7

I did another layout for Father's Day, this time using a more up-to-date photo of my Dad (Rudy with his kitty in his favourite worn out chair). I started with Merisa Lerin's Yesteryear paper for the background, then threw in some splatters and splashes (b/c I like to). I added a Starburst overlay that I created from the Tutorial that Carole recently highlighted. I made the rustic wood frame from Lab 13-6 (which took me a bit of time to get shadows sorted, and looking at it, not sure I got 'em right), and I made the punched out paper strips from the same Lab module. I used the flower to cover a glass ashtray by the chair rather than cropping. It took an unconscionably long time to do, but it's done.

Rudy for Father's Day 2.jpg

Edited by Julie Magerka
  • Like 1
  • Love 6

• Cassel unpinned this topic