February SCRAPLIFT Challenge (2023)

Cassel

Scraplift.jpg

Learning scrapbooking is often done with practice, looking around for inspiration and trying to recreate projects we admire.

This challenge will give you an opportunity to personalize a project while trying to "copy" another one. Of course, you will change the title, the text, and the photos, but you will want to try to replicate the arrangements and some of the effects you see. It is a challenge but in the end, you will learn more about scrapbooking and your PaintShop Pro.

Here is a simple layout you will want to "scraplift".

large.Jeux-900.jpg

And if you want more information on "scraplifting", check out this article.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

Scraplifting is one of my favorite challenges. I always start with copying the example and enlarging it to 3600. Then I reduce the colors to grayscale. From there I build a template, keeping the original as my base layer, and filling in shades from black to white for each component, be it full sized paper or embellishment. I make all photo areas black. At the end, I increased the colors to 8bit so there will be a full palette available. Here is my finished template in a reduced version for posting here. I will put the full sized version on our Facebook and the .pspimage in the Files area there for those who want a head start. Feel free to download it and start creating! I will be back with my own new creation in a while. 

Edit: I did discover that the black areas for photos didn't work in the Raster-to-Mask script until I used Negative Image on them again and they turned white. Then the script was ok.

SCRAPLIFT TEMPLATE FEB 2023_600.jpg

Edited by Ann Seeber
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Love 1

Here is my completed entry for the Scraplift Challenge. Title font is Showcard Gothic; journaling is Stay Outside.  The background paper is ps_melo-vrijhof_winter-day. The embellishments are all Picture Tubes. I added a mat behind the photos and filled it with a woodgrain pattern and colorized to match the title. 

CHUCK CALIO-THE MOUNTAINS_600.jpg

Edited by Ann Seeber
  • Like 1
  • Love 5

32 minutes ago, Sue Thomas said:

Papers are my own.  Font for the  corners of the outer frame,   inner frame, I used the pen tool.  Carole's ivy tube, wrapped a round the  frame. 

Scraplift    Pennywort plant.jpg

When you say "font for the corners" do you mean dingbats? I'd sure like to know how you do that! Is it selecting the symbol, copying it and then pasting it onto the frame you've made?

• Love 1

On 2/25/2023 at 4:14 AM, Ann Seeber said:

Scraplifting is one of my favorite challenges. I always start with copying the example and enlarging it to 3600. Then I reduce the colors to grayscale. From there I build a template, keeping the original as my base layer, and filling in shades from black to white for each component, be it full sized paper or embellishment. I make all photo areas black. At the end, I increased the colors to 8bit so there will be a full palette available. Here is my finished template in a reduced version for posting here. I will put the full sized version on our Facebook and the .pspimage in the Files area there for those who want a head start. Feel free to download it and start creating! I will be back with my own new creation in a while. 

Edit: I did discover that the black areas for photos didn't work in the Raster-to-Mask script until I used Negative Image on them again and they turned white. Then the script was ok.

SCRAPLIFT TEMPLATE FEB 2023_600.jpg

Thank you for explaining how you do this.  I have not tried to make a template before.  I'm always impressed to see yours.  

I used Ann's template...thank you, Ann!

The background was an accident but I like it and decided to keep it. I had used a different color and added a texture. Then I decided I didn't like that color so I floodfilled with the green. The texture was underneath and the green didn't fill everything. 

One of my pickleball players brought cut flowers and gave them to those who wanted them. My daffodils are not blooming yet...budded but not blooming, so I was happy to receive these.

2023 2 23 DAFFODILS SCRAPLIFT TEMPLATE 600.jpg

• Like 2
  • Love 4

Just today I took some photos of the crocusses that are blooming in a little open space along a footpath near my house and it gave me the idea for this scraplift. The background is from my stash and I used part of a crochet frame. The top flower is made by using the ribbon flower script and the flower bouquet is from CF and I have it for a long time in my stash. The datestamp is a freebe by Carole which I recolored. Fonts are Chirp the  CF-freebie from today and Arienne for the letters S. A welcome diversion before I'm starting on the plaid papers for the Build a Kit Workshop.

SCRAPLIFT-600.jpg

• Like 1
  • Love 4

• Cassel unpinned this topic