Newsletter chitchat - Dec 27, 2022

Cassel

Never been to one and never will.  I am not a cat lover. In my 67 years of life, there has only been one cat that I've liked. I lived with my cousin and his wife when I was in college and before they had kids. They had a cat (Opie) and a Doberman (Eric). Both loved to cuddle but Eric was too big for my liking (small dog lover here) so Opie was allowed to cuddle with me. Eric would lay nearby.

I don't think there are any nearby but if there were, I would visit. I read that the Cat Cafes were quite successful at getting the cats adopted and that's always a good thing. I am a cat person who has been saddled with my family's dogs all my life. The last dogs we had were giant Irish Wolfhounds that my husband wanted but they were way too big for me! Now I am supremely content with just my two cats and one tropical fish.

I went to one In Edmonton (Alberta, CAN) this summer.  I loved it.  And it was kitten time!  There was a coffe shop on one side (very small) where you pay to go into the rooms with the cats and you get free drinks the whole time you are there.  I have two cats now (6 in total), but grew up with small dogs.  I am a big dog lover, I love to rough-house with them.  Actually I am an animal lover.  When my hubby and I moved out we worked long hours and had a long commute so we got a farm cat from the farm we worked at.  The only cat that we had from a kitten stage.  The rest were young adults from rescue centres.  We both worked at several horse breeding farms over the years, hubby was a stallion handler for breeder.  I worked mostly with mom's and babes.   If I had to pick dog or cat, I think I'd be little more a cat person, they have such personalities (and judgy attitudes ?), but they can be self sufficient too.

Cindy, I love your cat-cafe, it's pretty close to the one I was at.