Black Friday Sale Is Here! (November 2022)

Susan Ewart

Woo Hoo!  Just finished my first round of purchases from the Black Friday Sale.  Thanks Sue, for the advice about the punches, I loaded up on the ones I didnt have.  And got some Lace Edges, Crochet edges and the Mitered Corner frame (and a whole lot of others).  I love how you all use those edges as frames.  There is so much to choose from.  I'll take another dive in today.

One thing I really like is when I went to purchase one thing it told me I already had it.  So I cant order twice.  That's a nice fail safe.

I found a few things and actually double checked my previous purchases to make sure I didn't already have them. I did have an instance where I bought something that I had purchased before and the website didn't notify me. But Carole was great about refunding the cost of the duplicate purchase.  So now I have a list of products that I can double check before hitting buy!

Does anybody know if the yearly Scrapbook Campus subscriptions are on any kind of sale?  I was thinking of upgrading from the month-to-month plan, saving $50.00 and putting that toward scripts....but I'm still $50.00 shy of the total. :)

Well 16 scrips ought to hold you for a good long while, Michele, LOL! I hope you got some fun ones!

You can just email Carole -- or she'll probably jump on here this morning since we are all looking at it.

I believe she just switches the billing on your credit card to yearly, so no big deal, and I believe she prorates it if your month isn't due yet. (Or perhaps she would wait until the cycle comes up again, and then do the yearly billing. Then you would be "up" this time every year.)

Carole, my last post went to cyberland again.  I think because i put a link to your store in it.

Monique, the sale is:

40% off Friday and Saturday

30% off Sunday and Monday

I tried to put the link to the store but it went  into cyberspace somewhere.  the sale is at Creation Cassel

Carole told me earlier this week that she wouldn't be available from Friday to Monday so I'm not sure if she will pop in to answer questions. I bought 2023 and had some questions/issues that she won't be able to follow up on until next week. And, that is just set up issues, I haven't even tried to use it yet!

Hey! No fair! It's $34.99 USD on my computer!  With 3 bonus items.

But when I click, it's 5 bonus items!

Save 65% + 5 bonus items (worth over $150)

Do more with your photos thanks to a collection of image-enhancing scripts, a file management tool, and our fun-filled coloring book pages for grown-ups:

Add cool effects to your photos with a selection of 10 popular scripts

Bring some playfulness to your day with our Coloring Book Bundle

Manage and share PaintShop Pro files securely with WinZip 26 Pro

BONUS: $30 coupon for savings off a future purchase. Coupon delivered in order confirmation. Valid from December 12, 2022 to January 3, 2023. One use per customer. Exclusions may apply.

BONUS: Extra 5% off downloads with coupon code EXTRA5 entered at checkout. Expires November 28, 2022.

I also had a post go to cyberland.  It had to do with a big Corel Freebie alert for a zip file.

So, go to Corel Discovery- and the end word, use both "freebie" and then change it to "free-stuff".  Two different pages.  PM me if you can't figure it out.

IT'S FIXED!

I got an email from Carole.  She said the one on the server (at corel) is the fixed one.  It will be in the newsletter tomorrow.  I'm so glad I bought it.  It will be awhile though before I can load it.  I'm busy for the next few weeks.  Then it will be dead at work so I'll have lots of time (and we lost two jobs that I look after so I'm losing 4-6 hours a week - losing the pay sucks, but the flip side is more time at home for PSP).

I did my shopping yesterday evening (my time) and I was very happy when I got the warning that I already bought that particular script!

When I became a diamond member I choose the yearly subscription, it is in the options and it saves me $ 50 a year to spend on other things aka scripts/tubes/brushes. I think you can switch when your new monthly payment is due, so ask Carole and I'm sure it will be arranged.

Although the Corel offer for PSP 2023 is a nice one I'm going to wait until the problems with the scripts are solved. If my memory serves me right I think there will come another option to buy 2023 even more cheeply. I bought 2022 for € 19 only.

The best offer I've seen so far is $29.99 CDN for the upgrade. Not for ultimate. I'm still hesitant b/c of the issues, so waiting some more. This forum is the best place to learn little tricks & tips: didn't know there was an option for YEARLY for Diamond membership. I'm having to be careful with all these monthly fees; they add up!

Sorry Suzy, yes, the problems with the script are supposed to be fixed now.

Julie, I sure understand the month fees.  Every thing seems to have subscriptions these days.  I like to pay once for the year.  As I am losing yet more hours at work I will need to review what to keep and what I can get rid of.  The campus is the most important one and i want to protect this one.  I did get the Ultimate package for 29.99 CAD (the same one Suzy describes above with the coupon and the extras.  The pop up came on windows, not from an email from Corel.  It was 65% off instead of the 60%.  But when I went to pay for it (expecting 34.99 + GST) the total was $31.49 and I realized I got another $5 off.

When I decided to purchase on the 25th, I thought I was going to pay $47.99 (US) but it came up at $39.99 (US) which was the Black Friday price which supposedly started on the 26th. I didn't complain!

I've had nothing but issues with it even just trying to set it up let alone actually use it. After many hours I think I might have them figured out (too much to try to explain and it could just be me).

This will probably be the last version of PSP that I ever buy. I probably would have been better off not buying this one since there's nothing new that really enticed me.

Yikes! Rene, that is frustrating.  I hope I dont have that.  When does it come to the time a company says, we dont need to make exciting new changes. EVERY. SINGLE. YEAR. Let's just make what we have finction better and faster using less resources.

Dont get me wrong, I LOVE PSP, but I often wish for the days when new versions were several years apart.  Now adays, to compete, it's like they have to have more WOW factor each year.  It must be daunting for the programmers to have to come up with new stuff.

I do still love PSP so yeah, it is frustrating when these problems crop up. I would buy the new version back in the JASC days because there were new things added each year. If I remember right, I started with version 4, getting it on a monthly disk subscription I had at the time. But when Corel bought it, it changed. I used version 9 for a few years and only when I started digital scrapping in 2007 did I buy a Corel version, X2. Then X4, X7. I did buy X8 because there were enough new features to make it worth it. I still use X8 because of a script issue in 2021 (which was the next version I bought). And, now 2023.

I just wish instead of going for more WOW each year, they would streamline what they already have or even add features that people ask for. The Corel forums have a wish list each year for the next version after a new release and some things show up on every single wish list. It is like they just ignore what the users want.

Wow!!! I am sorry I didn't see this thread earlier. Yes, I was away for the weekend and most things were on auto-pilot (like the newsletter). I guess I am kind of late answering you but I am glad others were able to jump in. Let's see if I can still answer some questions:

Double-purchases in the store: typically, the system will let you know if you already purchased something EXCEPT if you put the product directly into your cart from your wishlist. But as it has happened before, I would gladly refund that double purchase if it happens.

Yearly plan for DIAMOND membership: I didn't set up anything of the sort, as the yearly plan is already $50 off the monthly plan. And if you want to upgrade, just go to the MyAccount page (the link on the top of any page), and you will have a button "Change my plan". From there, you will be directed to the checkout where you will be able to choose the plan and the payment method.

Issues with 2023: As you might have heard, a patch was applied to PSP2023 to fix some bugs but in the process, causes major issues with running scripts (mostly mine as they include more advanced coding than many others), and also with the Expand/Contract commands. Now, those "extra bugs" are fixed. So if you installed PSP2023 in the last couple of days or so, it should show version 25.1.0.32. That is the corrected version. If you still have 25.1.0.28, then you need to uninstall your program and reinstall it. This will pull the correct file from the server and install it. The only exception is those who got a "hotfix": it will fix the problem but not change the version number. Only a handful of users got that hotfix. You know who you are.