Scrap Bootcamp - October 2022

Cassel

Here is my sandwich.  Today I'm keeping it simple with a mimimalist approach.  Using only the tools/supplies given.  I am having an open-faced sandwich.  And I'm hungry as you can see by my loaded pieces of bread.  Those onions are going to give me grief later today I bet.  Nothing in my cup and I usually eat then have a tea afterward.

I tried to follow the upload to gallery and post link to the forum by memory.  clearly my memory failed me.  the picture was in this box and I couldn't type in it.  Note to self: don't rely on memory.

Carole:  I like the new one because I can use CMY which is what I used in my 6 month long color course.  As a previous photo mini lab supervisor/printer I am more comfortable in CMYK than any other color space.  I will be making a set of color cards based on my course so I will need the CMY option that the new palette has.  Unless the classic has it, which I think I couldn't find.  And Yes, I can work from RGB but more thinking has to go into it as they are opposites in everyway.  Eg. C+M+Y=K (black or all); which means R+G+B=W (white or nothing).

Hi All,  thank you for your art work  ect

Linda did you get it now?   I have to rewatch videos a few times I have learning disabilites, so when I can get it

I am so proud of myself, and 6 ft tall. :)    Hang in there You can do it, plus your good at explaining yourself thats a Win

Day 3 - My great-granddaughter Magic and her golden apples. I used the mini kit from the lesson and Carole's scatters. The leaves are from a mini kit from MarisaL called Autumn. The apples are from a site called pngfind. The title font is Gill Sans Ultra Bold and the text under the photo is Freestyle Script.

Edit: I realized the sun was from the wrong side on the photo so I mirrored it horizontally.

Patricia (#84378), what browser didn't work? I am using Chrome and never had issues. In the future, if any post does not seem to show up, click on the yellow tab on the right of the page and let me know. Checking in the backend, that is what happened. You have a delicious sandwich. (#84410) Great use of the shadows. I have one question though: did you happen to squeeze the photo to fit it in the frame? I have a suspicion that it was either stretched sideways a bit or squished vertically to fit. If you need to fit an image into a specific frame, check this article.

Donna (#84387), I find that Layer Styles in PSP are underwhelming as they use familiar "tools" with unfamiliar "settings". I think it is sad because that feature has a lot of potential! (#84423) You are using shadows a bit inconsistently. Notice that the shadow is upward on the confetti, but downward for the title. Consistency is important to give a cohesive feeling.

Susan (#84391), it makes sense for you to use that "new" materials palette then! For me, those settings are mostly of no use, which is why the "old" one is better for me. Let us know how your lunch goes down, after you have your tea.

Jannette (#84398), I see you still have tabbed windows. At one point, if you like to see more of the elements you work on, just remember to untab those. (#84399) That bun has extra meat too!

Ann (#84403), that is a great observation about the sun on the photo. Although that is not technically an error in shadows, it is worth considering. Beware, however, that mirroring a photo of a person will actually change their facial features, mostly for those who know them.

John (#84407), welcome to the Campus and the Bootcamp. That seems like a fun Halloween lunch!

James (#84413), that is a wonderful shot! Definitely worth showing off!

If you have not finished your first project, don't worry, the next project is only going to be posted on Friday so you still have a full day. 

Cassel, yes my photo got squeezed a bit, I chose 'make image the same size', since I had another picture first, but I had cropped the first one.. I only noticed after I uploaded.

It took some try and error to come to grips with the shadowing in PSP, but I learned a lot...

Thank you for your nice comments and your help.

Project One done.  Photo is from my summer photo project that keeps on going (taken October 10th, when it should have snowed already but was over 20 degrees celcius!).  Papers and hearts from Digital Scrapbook.com. Font is El Capistrano Serif from Creative Fabrica.  I used pictures tubes from PSP as my scatter as I couldn't find scatter that I like.  Carole did you make these picture tubes (in PSP in just says "flower - and then a number).  They came in very handy.  I put an outline on the title so it would show up a bit more, I wanted it subtle so I didn't make the yellow vibrant.

Good work from everyone, enjoyed the layouts I've seen so far.

large.1660917634_BCProject1-PrettyInPink

Cindy (#84473), it is a fun effect you used with the Warp Brush to associate with a snowball!

Jannette (#84478), one trick I found was to have the source image to the left, and the target on the right so when I drag from the layers palette onto the image, I don't have to worry about accidentally dropping it in the wrong image!

Anne (#84480), those are cute fish and very nicely fitting the theme and the photo.

Susan (#84481), those picture tubes are very old, but always useful! You are right to choose a not-so-bright yellow; it is well-coordinated.

Tomorrow, you should get the second project to do.

Day 5 - Adventure Park - My title is Magic has Wheels! Her first bicycle (though her parents pointed out there are no pedals, so it's under "foot power," which is appropriate for a 2-year-old toddler.) Carole, I tried to use the bird from the second kit but it doesn't have a transparent background. The title font is called Heavy Boxing Script.

Magic's got wheels!

Ann (#84497), my grandson also got wheels with no pedals. Apparently, it is a new thing as it is easier for them to learn their balance before adding pedals.

Jannette (#84501), the size of the shadow seems correct, however, it seems like they are in the wrong direction in the scattered leaves. They look like they are on the left instead of the right.

James (#84513), that is a very interesting composition. Did you build that top photo or are there that many animals in one place?

Project 2 - Adventure Park....well Adventure at the Water Park in this case.  I oriented the photo on the left side because the birdy action was drawing my eye to the right.  Papers, flower and two birds (the spitting image of the real blue jays that come to my yard ?) come from Digital Scrapbook, the fonts are all windows, Gill Sans Ultra bold, Gill Sans MT and arial for the writing on the side of the photo.  I love Gill Sans Ultra Bold.  I stretched it up a bit to make it taller.  The photo is mine.  There was a furry of LBJs (little brown jobs - what we call little birds) to one of my 3 baths.  I didnt get to my camera fast enough, at one time there was about 7-8 in the bath at once.

large.1025217243_BCProject2-AdventureWat