March SKETCH Challenge

Cassel

Sketch2022-03.jpg

Learning scrapbooking is often done with practice, looking around for inspiration, and trying to recreate projects we admire. Sometimes, we can be inspired by finished projects, but sometimes, we also have to use our imagination to interpret something.

This challenge will give you an opportunity to envision something from a "boring" base, and you will have to imagine the end result differently. The sketch is only a written idea, and you can fly with it, modify it, and customize it to fit your vision, your photos, your supplies.

Sketech12.jpg

And if you want more information on using sketches, check out this article.

I put this together for festivals and the scrap challenge. Two birds, one stone!

I used Cassel's bead maker script, her chain tube to hold the beads together, her glitter background and her Bits and pieces script for the piece behind the photos. again the middle photo is from my friend Linda Reno and the other two are mine.

It's somewhat busy but that is Mardi Gras

Who can resist a sketch challenge?  They are always very different and fun.  A friend and I are so happy to be able to go places once again ... as businesses and tours and cruises resume.  Been a long two years waiting!  We went to Tarpon Springs this month and it was lovely.  Using pic's I took while there.  She had been there before many years ago, but I was a newbie.  Anyplace with boats, gulls, docks and food is my kind of place.  Boating girl at heart and always will be, I guess.

In Februari we had 3 storms in a row and there was much damage in the woods and parks. It was not save to go there because of the fallen trees that blocked the paths and all the loose branches that could come down. Now most of the paths are cleared and we went there for a walk and could see for ourselves the results of those storms. Big trees were uprooted and broken just if they were matches! For this challenge I used some of the photos I took this week. The fonts are Montana Rough and Vallentina for the quote and all the papers I have in my stash and I used one to tear up.

I'm posting this, it is a work-in-progress.  We are having intermittent power outages today (I used a torch to finish cooking the grilled cheese sandwiches!) and I wanted to post this sketch layout before I lose the computer for the third time.  I want to re-do the dark brown layer.  I cut a rectangle selection from a paper and manipulated it with the pick tool.  Now I cant add drop shadow.  I would like to make a torn paper for this so I will look for a tutorial.

Bonnie, Corri, Susan,

All of your sketches are very nice . Sorry you are having power outages, Susan, but your layout looks pretty good anyway. Love how you did the title. If it needs anything, it will be interesting to see what else you do with it .

Bonnie, love the photo of lizard and the info. Never saw one like that.

Corrie, hope that wasn't one of your trees. Yikes!

Lynda