Quick Page Workshop - Feb 2022

Cassel

QP5 - Before Covid, I used to do a lot of walking outside. Now not so much but am hoping that this summer will be better.  Anyway, this reminds me of the beauty I would see along the trail (and birds in the sky that you might not be able to see) and one of the distance markers.

QP6 - People don't like me sharing their pictures so I just went with this. Even when I don't have anything that I can use, the use of PaintShop Pro and the tips that Carole drops in are helpful.  Thank you, Carole, for these workshops.  I thought I had put some text here but it may be one of those disappearing text within a selection problems. :)

QP7 - I finally got here. It is strange that sometimes when I am sick, I get some of those things done that I had not gotten to. It was nice to have these Quick pages to work on to pass the time.  I decided to do an Easter Egg theme. I started out with an ellipse as the starting point for my eggs and went from there.  Once I got my egg done with multiple layers of decreasing size and colour, I used that as a base for some Kaleidoscope effects. I also used blend effects and merge layers. In one case, I moved a copy of the egg to the left, leaving the original underneath and then mirrored a copy of the egg moved to the left to the right - and because I did everything after the first egg was created with a selection around the original egg, I was able to merge visible layers to new layer and copy the selection and paste as a new layer and remove the background.

When I was playing around with the Kaleidoscope, I noticed that some hearts began to appear so I spent some time tweaking to get them to a point that I really liked. Playing around with the tools can be very helpful.

Speaking of backgrounds, I decided to put a background behind the quick page because I had a transparent area outside of my eggs. Then I decided to copy and paste the background I created and change the colour. That caused a surprise for me because I had not noticed that in moving things around I had moved a background to the right. So I had two different colours for background. And I liked that so i did something similar for the right side of the background.

I even decided to create a video of my screen while I created the eggs so that I could review again if I have any questions about what I did to get through each stage.

I might make more eggs. :)

I HAD FUN and am thankful for this workshop.  Thank you, Carole.

Here is one of the Quick Pages I downloaded from Digital Scrapbooking. Thank you Csrole for the link.  I added a picture of our sweet and handsome Leo who crossed the Rainbow Bridge on January 22, 2022 The font I used is Ghosthey from Creative Fabrica. Leo was a very courageous Cat and this font fits him well. Leo will be forever in our hearts.

And here is my tribute to the real hero of The Lord of the Rings - Sam Gamgee.  The quote, picture of Sam, and picture of the ring of power all came from the web.  If Sam hadn't stayed the course, the ring would never have made it to the fire, for he even carried Frodo up that tortuous trail in to the crack of doom.  And, Sam wore the ring for a short bit and he willingly gave it up when asked - it did not really have power over him.

Anita, (#71980) nobody would get tired of looking at beautiful flowers like that! I am happy that you like those workshops. See you in the Masks Workshop! (#72075) They have a lot of quick-pages to pick from. You have so many choices.

Liz, (#71982) I am curious what is the font you used for the title? (#71988) It looks like you had fun with those extra goodies! (#71997) I hope you get the corrected link for Day 8.

Ann, (#72002) you don't need large photos; you can use several small ones. (#72026) If you find quick-pages in PSD format, you are lucky!!! Typically, designers don't create them in that format as it is like giving away their elements!

Marie-Claire, (#72006) that makes for such a dynamic page!

Trish, (#72008) LOL. Isn't it funy when you can't remember/identify a particular photo? I have a similar situation with one photo of my son... but I cannot identify which one it was!

Randy, (#72040) that is incredible that all those images came from the exact same source! (#72044) Hopefully, you will be able to take more pictures this summer. (#72049) Yes, text disappearing happens when it is wrapped in a selection and left in vector format. Simply go back to the full-size version, make a duplicate of the text layer, and convert it to a raster before resizing it to 600. It will stay there.

Mary, (#72077) cute Pooh and company.

I'm really behind:  day 2 of Mask Workshop and I haven't even started.  You all are doing just great.  Well, I am going to finish the QuickPage Workshop 1st.  So - here is QP-7. Font is Klemiskey with inner bevel and shadow; the holly is from PS-Gina Jones and the stars are picture tube: Cass-Star gold and silver.

Liz, (#72143) thanks for sharing the name of the font. It will be easy enough to search now with a name.

Mary, (#72182) in order to match the existing elements on the page, you might want to add some blur to the shadows on the holy.

Ann, (#72209) using all the photo spots for a single photo, is certainly creative.