October Theme Challenge - CAKES

Cassel

Theme-Cakes.jpg

So many occasions lend themselves to have a cake, whether it is a birthday, an anniversary, graduation, a birth, a retirement, etc and we can also have cakes just because we want to. Sometimes, we try new recipes just for fun, whether the result is what we expected or not.

Do you have a layout showcasing a cake? Show us!

Let's go!

I did not have any pictures of great cakes so I decided to create one.  The cake parts are started as Christmas cake parts (DC C -Cakes-Clipart-15808277)  The background paper is from Creative Fabrica (Fantasy-Halloween-Digital-Papers-14360637 ) Most of the other clipart was from C F also. The broom is from _sheila-reid_60550_spookalicious-witches-broom-sticker_pu  at digitalscrapbook.com.  This was a fun creation.

Trish you are the Queen of cakes overhere!!! Love them all.

I made a humble cupcake, but I happen to like those and have a photo. I'm making a lot of elements from the creative scrap and the envelope is one of them, made a recipecard as well and wrote a recipe for cupcakes on it. I made a sprinkles tube too. I love to make all those relatively simple elements for use in all sorts of projects. The background is a paper made with the kaleidoskop some time ago and to tone it down a bit I put an overlay from my stash over it. The rest of the elements and text are the freebies by Carole.

So now I will post my Dragon Cake which featured in another layout earlier.  I’ve just been having fun.  Made a separate layout for the dragon cake; papers and elements are mine.  Had fun extracting the cake from the counter with the other stuff on it.  The font is (of course) Cass-icing – the freebie which I recolored to match the cake.  The narrative font is Brush455 BT.

I've combined a few things together in this offering. I used the freebie collage from Corel, a photo of a hand made Pumpkin Pie from the internet, a cake with poppies on it for Remembrance Sunday and a few words I found about celebrations in the Autumn. I think I covered all the bases enjoy, I do like pumpkin pie with cream poured over it.