August TUT/TECH Challenge - Wrapped Text

Cassel

Another for the tut tech challenge.  It is very interesting how we can have different issues.  I think it has a lot to do with windows updates ... I always dread when I know that is happening.  My compatibility setting is PSP 7!  The version of PSP I am using is 2022.  Perhaps I have never tried to save any wrapped text work to come back to it later ... I honestly can't remember.  For this one today I did a lot of playing around with font selection and size to come up with something that was presentable.  I did cut and paste the quotation marks as they were wanting to go awry but of course that was no hassle once I had converted the text to a raster layer.  Font used is Colegial for the wrapped text and cooper black for the title.  Some elements are from Janet Kemp's kit "Apple Crisp" and some are my own.  The papers used are Janets.  Thanks for takin a peek my friends.  ;D

P.S.  Corrie, so sorry my friend that I am not able to offer any solutions that are helpful.  I hope that Carole's suggestion works for you.  <3

Sue you really are a sweetheart. Thanks for your comments and on reflection I perhaps should have put the poem into a selection of it's own and used the outline of Australia to incorporate some of the aspects mentioned in the poem. I may do that yet, :) As it stands for anyone who is not familiar with the poem it would be very hard to grasp the concept of it. Suze do not change a thing you do with your work ... it is always beautiful and a real joy to peruse. ;D

Annie, this page is unusually gorgeous. Those smiley apples are just devine. I know how you did the title, very appropriate. Did you use Carole's custom brad script? (element with the silver frame) I have a 2nd cousin who worked on a very large dairy farm in Tasmania. He now lives in Adelaide. Also a nephew who is a Ford mechanic who lives in the gold coast. He's in the process of going through his Australian citizenship.

And here is my revised "My Country".  This time I used an elipse to encompass the wrapped text.  The outline of Australia frames indigenous male, gekko and boomerang.  The bottlebrush is found all over Australia and I had made the brush some time ago so decided to use it.  Font used for the title is Colegial.  I love the brightness contrast feature in psp and often use it to highlight text.  I did so here for the poem and the info regards Dorothea MacKellar.  Thanks for takin a peek my friends ... and, thanks for the tips dearest Sue.  ;D

A big thanks to you Carole it was the compatibility setting that was wrong, but it was very strange that PSP was not able to save at all when there was wrapped text. It didn't matter if it was hidden or not. I changed the setting and now it's OK.  Sue, Annie thanks for trying to help and your pages are wonderful, a real inspiration ❤ I have a lot to learn, but at least I can go back to creating something and not worrying about saving!

Love all your projects, Annie. They are all different styles, but they are all wonderful. I prefer your redo of My Country. The text wrapping in the first version made it difficult to read due to the high peaks in the Australia shape.

Sue, I've already told you how much I loved yours on the FB page.

I remembered using text wrapping three years ago repeating, "WOMAN'S THE WORD." (Remember, I don't pick the themes lol.) The problem I had was with the word "WOMAN'S." The program kept reading the "S" after the apostrophe as a separate word. I tried all different fonts and sizes, but this was the best I could do, or I finally gave up. I'm sure I'm the only one who noticed, but it is frustrating. Maybe I'm just too OCD.

The illustrator is Malika Favre, one of my favorites.

Thanks so much dear Sue, your comments are always uplifting for me. The brad was part of Janet Kemp's kit and I thought that the slight touch of blue would add another dimension of colour. With family out here Suze you should consider a trip over ... if we are ever allowed to travel again. The world seems to be going backwards on a social scale. ;D

I'm so glad the text wrapping is working now!!! But I still find it very strange because I didn't ever change that compatibility setting, so it must have been on a lower PSP version from the moment I installed it.

Here is the result of the effort and I'm not very happy with the result but I'm fed up with it now. I'm happy with the background which I made from 2 photos with a mask that I had from Carole. It was a freebie once when I didn't know how to use it, luckely that has changed. I wrapped my text (Hobo font) inside the footprints and gave the page a title which is the name of the heath and fen area and the date we visited there. I did not want more elements to obscure the photos. A simple frame made with another not so good photo.

Sue nice photo and I am happy to see your face!

I'm happy that the text wrapping is working now, but I still find it a bit strange that my PSP 2021 which I installed a couple of month ago must have been set with another compatibility; I have never changed that setting!

Here is the result, I'm not completely pleased, but I'm fed up with it. However I'm very happy with the background made of 2 photos with a mask and they blend in well. I used another photo for the frame, wrapped my text (Hobo font) inside the footprints. The title is the name of the heath and fen area. No further embellishments, I didn't want to obscure the lovely heather and fen.

Sue, nice new profile photo, lovely to see your face!

I saw the challenges Annie had with the outline of Australia and text wrapping and with Ann on the butterfly outline.  I just experimented with using an outline of the USA and text wrapping - since there are several points in the outline that would be problematic in text wrapping.  Going to the tutorial, I tried Carole's removal of the objectionable areas of the outline that I didn't want to include as part of the text wrapping.  I am just in the process of this LO, but am going to add a screenshot showing the outline and my text and then a resize of the jpg to 600.  Hope this helps.

Sorry, Sue - mea culpa!

I did finish America the Beautiful and it doesn't look like the above.  Changed the background to a pic that Laurie took on our trip to the northwest of Pike's Peak.  Chose that because that is where Bates had her inspiration.  The title font is Brush Script MT, 72 and the narrative script is Arial Rounded MT Bold, 18.  The paper was from Cassel's Fire and Ice kit. The outline of the USA is from NicePng.

I have a new resident.  Arrived on Wednesday.  Only a couple of months old.  Slowly it's gaining my trust.  I have very little grass, so the dwarf rabbit pellets and  pealed carrots are going down a treat. If I could hold JJ, it would fit nicely  in the palm of my hand.  My last text wrapping page for this challenge.