July SKETCH Challenge

Cassel

Sketch-07-2021.jpg

Learning scrapbooking is often done with practice, looking around for inspiration, and trying to recreate projects we admire. Sometimes, we can be inspired by finished projects, but sometimes, we also have to use our imagination to interpret something.

This challenge will give you an opportunity to envision something from a "boring" base, and you will have to imagine the end result differently. The sketch is only a written idea, and you can fly with it, modify it, and customize it to fit your vision, your photos, your supplies.

This sketch has lots of room to add stories about your photos, or you can focus on the stories instead of the photos.

Sketech06.jpg

And if you want more information on using sketches, check out this article.

Well I had to have a go at this and so this is my result.  The main feature of this page is the pencil sketches which I created using Cassel's PencilSketch script.  It is an amazing script and I have been playing with it most of today ... housework forgotten ... as you do!  I created a template from the sketch as I find that easier to work from.  The ribbon is one I created a little while ago as is the background paper.  Thanks for takin a peek my friends.  ;D

Annie, beautifully done.  Yes, that script intrigued me, so like Corrie, I think I will put it on my wish list also.

The script inspired me when I did my page 18. So I think I will post it here.  I was running out of ideas for that project and this script inspired me.

Hello everyone.  So happy to hear the folks on the campus are safe.  I wish they all were.  :(  I have my barn project going on still and company from Florida for two weeks ... and I am a bit thin for time.  But I do love Carole's Sketch Challenges.  Mine is simple ... it seems like every year there is a predominance of animals here.  One year it's deer, the next raccoons, the next fox families ... and on and on.  This year it's chipmunks!  There's too many to name and we wouldn't know the difference anyway so we just call them all CHIP.  There are a lot of them darting everywhere, eating all the sunflower seeds and making a whole lot of entrance and exit holes in the yard!  I don't have the heart to hurt them ... Next year it will be something else.  At least these guys don't chew the screen doors open and try to come on in and be a family member like the raccoons do!  I didn't do and journaling on them - just changed up the sketch a bit.  Kept the colors simple and cheery like they seem to be. They always look so happy.  I took these pictures through the window from inside the house sitting at the dining room table.