July Theme Challenge - Seashells

Cassel

Theme-Shells-300x300.jpg

Anyone who has gone over to the beach has spent some time looking for and/or picking seashells. What do you do with them? Maybe you use them to make some designs in the sand. Maybe you use them to decorate a sandcastle. Maybe you collect them to do some craft when you get home.

Show us something with seashells.

Let's go!

Hello Scrapbook Campers.  This is for the theme ... I love seashells so I will be indulging myself with this challenge.  Photo courtesy of Unsplash, frame is Cassels, bow from my stash, wordart my own as are the background, border and tag.  Bead element on the tag is from Cassel's script.  Fonts are Primrose and Starfish ... the alpha is from Far Far Hills.  The little quote in the wordart seems to be a very popular one but there is no mention of the author.  Thanks for takin a peek my friends.  ;D

It's raining cats and dogs for about the third day and only in the 50's ... so much for a lovely July 4th here.  It's totally okay with me as we sure needed the water, but it made progress come to a screeching halt on the barn reno.  I live at the beach and some of my favorite shells are right in front ... sand dollars, boat shells, purple muscle's, etc.  But after a storm I love finding a live hermit crab ... or one transferring to another/bigger shell.  Sort of like we might move from house to house - or apartment to apartment - they settle in.  Anyway, my entry is just a comical simple one.  And yes, I return them to the sea.  They can last a while in the kelp where they were washed up on the beach ... but it's a long crawl for a little hermit crab all the way back down to the tide's edge.

This is my take on seashells. I had a beach paper in my stash but is was a bit flat and boring. I also had a photo of one of our beaches on a nice day in november without the crowds which are there in the summer and I used that photo as an overlay. On that same day my granddaughter collected a lot of seashells and we made photos of them, cleaned and laying to dry; added a frame with a cluster (made from the free frame with this challenge); made a tag hanging on a piece of driftwood standing in the sand. The shells are by Creative Fabrica and the seagulls I found on pngwing.com.

Another try on the shells one.  A memory from childhood.  I was the last kid and a only a young teen when my Dad retired and we moved to Maine.  That's a funny story in itself.  My parents put it to a family vote, thinking all four kids would vote with them to retire to Florida and all four kids voted for Maine.  So we moved to Maine until I graduated high school and THEN they went to Florida!  Anyway, my Mom and Dad lobstered together for fun in the summer.  When I turned 15 my mother and I became a lobster team, too.  One night some guys thought they might take the easy way out to make a few extra dollars and decided to steal ours.  It didn't work out well for them.  Pop was a clever guy.

I spotted an article in my National Geographic email this morning on the topic of seashells.. specifically Sand Dollars. I arranged a page using their photo and map; the background paper from a beachy kit plus a few added shells. The headline font is Forte and the text is Franklin Gothic. I framed the sand dollar illustration with cass-frame01 but noticed the shadows that were part of it were backwards! So I flipped the frame horizontally. I'm amazed that I noticed. ;-)  Oh, and I used the cass-curved photo script on the map. Enjoy!

Hello everyone,

as I can see, looking at all the beautiful creations in this challenge, seashells are a great source of inspiration too!

I find them absolutely fascinating, but I like to cook and eat some of them as well ;-). Moules marinières are made with white wine in France.

For this work I used a sand photo I made long time ago as my background, used Carole's Close-Up script, the font is Jokerman and the frame a PSP one, category photo edges.

Thanks a lot Annie and Ann. Be sure I always use plenty of garlic because I love it. LOL!

I created a little picture with my ingredients, garlic,carrot,shallot,leek but I decided not to add it, I found it too much.

Ann, you can find the script on the Creation Cassel Page, (PSP Scripts, Tool scripts, Close-Up)

The close-ups are the little round pictures I took from the mussel photo with this script.

https://creationcassel.com/store/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=7_10&products_id=248&zenid=5eavtlgpieea69nbp7avfhlpm3

Ann, may I suggest too you have a look at the topic Close-Up in "Let's talk/PSP Stuff". I posted saturday my problem, so you can see how I did the installation. Once you have installed the script it is really easy to run it.

Just ask again if you need more help.

This is another for the seashell theme.  I used the delightful kit ayla-campus-0621.  It is a freebie from Anja and would have been perfect for the June color palette challenge however I did not get around to using it for that, so here it is in combination with a layout template by Lady22 for the seashell challenge.  I found a gorgeous photo of pampas grass for the main photo and the cluster is of my own making.  Thanks for takin a peek my friends.  ;D

Another for the theme challenge.  I am absolutely terrified of sharks so this is not an indicator that I am a fan.  I do think that they have their role in this planet's ocean ecosystem and I truly admire them.  I came across this beautiful photo of a Great White on Unsplash and felt I would like to marry it into the Seashell theme.  I used a lovely kit Natural Breeze by Carena and the clusters I created myself along with the shell scatter.  The layout is a copycat of one I found in my layout sketches folder and the font used is Trubble.  I have never been comfortable swimming in the ocean since the release of Jaws ... gotta stick to pools now, lol!  Thanks for takin a peek my friends.  ;D