May SCAVENGER HUNT Challenge

Cassel

https://scrapbookcampus.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/07/ScavengerHunt-Challenge.jpg

I am offering you a scavenger hunt where you have to find some elements and combine them to create a layout or a project. Are you up to the challenge? Although you don't have to create those elements, you also have that option, so either you use what you have downloaded or you can still make them from scratch. Your end result must include ALL of those elements ;). I added some links to tutorials (only accessible to our DIAMOND members) but you can also use elements created from scripts.

Twill tape/ribbon (tutorial here)

Metal rings

Journaling strips (tutorial here)

Diamond pattern (tutorial here or here)

Straight pin (tutorial here)

You can choose any theme you want, so what will you create with those elements?

I have said it before, I do enjoy the scavenger hunt challenges.  It gets the old grey matter  remembering techniques which I have learnt  in the past, and  fetches them once more  to the forefront of my mind.  Nothing  to complicated.   I'm a huge fan of the out of bounds technique, and when I can I always take the opportunity  to  use it.  Cassel's  knotted ribbon.  I used a photo for the background paper, something I  have a preference for rather than use a  patterned paper.  My usual  word art, where I used  delicate fonts, as this plant is  small and ever so  delicate itself.  I slipped an extracted flower into the top knot.   1 Twill ribbon.  2 Metal ring frames. 3 Journaling strips. 4 Diamond pattern, 5 Straight pin  ( I fall back on this element which I made ever  such a long time ago).

Thank you Lynda,  the kind comments  always mean a lot to  me.   Everyone has been ever so busy creating  incredible pages. It's hard to find the time to  go thoroughly take them  all in,  noting all the different techniques and approaches taken in  each creation. We are all an awesome small, unique, friendly, helpful community.

I finally actually did a Scavenger Hunt. I tried in March and it didn't work out in time. Here's my May version. Diamond paper background. Twill ribbon border in wood duck pattern using cass-mitered-corner-frame script; also cass-bow17 script.  I now have all my frames inside PSP and this one is labeled cass-frame01. The straight pin is holding a journaling strip and metal rings are scattered.

Okay ... this is my take on the scavenger hunt challenge.  At the same time I am creating a page for the sketch challenge so I used the same template.  Took a long time to create this one......  I created the diamond pattern and then used it in the title.  The journaling strips tell the story of the Australian Christmas tree.  I put the metal rings into/onto the twill tape.  The straight pin is holding the twill tape to the page.  Thanks for takin a peek my friends.  ;D

P.S. I resized this for posting to 1600 x 800 so that the journaling strips would be easy to read but it is not showing that size here.  I will split and post again later for those who would like the information.

Annie, I believe you when you say it took a long time to create. The Journaling alone must have taken you ages. As there are several steps involved in creating each strip. It's an incredible layout. So much detail. I had to zoom right in to appreciate all the details. Your Xmas trees don't need to be decorated, mother nature worked her magic on the colour palette. A superb page.

Ann, I noticed that your pin resembled a six inch nail, which you hammered into the frame Lol, only teasing you. There is a tut in the creative scrap on how to create a pin. It's an older tut. I created a few of them years ago using that tutorial. Which I use regularly in projects.

Annie, I love your Chrismas tree and I admire the amount of work it costed you to make this!!!

Sue, as always lovely and delicate. Your robin looks quite different from ours, althought both have a red front.

Ann, nice duck, I have seen some of those overhere too.

Corrie, thank you ever so much for your complimentary comment.  The North American Robin was named so, because they resemble the European Robin.  They both have red breasts, and  delightful song,  but  that is the only similarities to each other.  The Robins here are related to the Thrush family, (same size as the European blackbird) whereas  the little Robin red breast as they care commonly known as at home is related to the old world Flycatcher family.  I'm awaiting your scavenger hunt  page to be posted. :-)