Double Take Challenge 2021

Cassel

Day 3, I used scenes that I  take through the horses ears, of the landscape.

Annie, what interesting Tawny Owls, the info you  wrote about them is fascinating. Their expressions are quite something! :-)  I love your  chicken page, such rich  colours, everything about Australia is bold and  brightly  colourful. Well done.

Everyone is creating fabulous, interesting pages. I feel quite exhausted after my trip around the world from  the comfort of my home.

Thanks Cassel, I see what you mean. Had I wanted it flat as in a magazine display I should not have put shadows on the photos. Otherwise I should have separated out the text onto different layers in line with digital scrapbooking. Never too old to learn! :D

Ann:  Thanks!

Carole:  I was just reading the directions of scripts I downloaded from your store and I've been instructed to save some of them in the restricted folder.  I don't think any of the scripts I've gotten from Corel specify where to put them (or they did and I didn't read the directions, which is possible!) and I've made folders for them with labels that are meaningless to anyone except me.  Despite not being in the correct folder, they work.  So what difference does a specific folder make for a particular script?

Beauty in the Winter- One of my favorite times to take a hike in the woods is in the Wintertime. No bugs! These pictures were taken in the Smokey Mountains, east Tennessee in late winter/early spring. I live in Memphis where it snows (if we are lucky) once a year. So snow for us is a real treat! On this trip, we were gifted with fresh snow.

I love everyone's beautiful pages! It is wonderful to see so many different approaches using the same guidelines. Great work everyone!

I am a little out of my comfort zone using so many photo’s, but I am getting used to it.  It still is taking me forever to decide which pictures to use.  Maybe if I didn’t take hundreds of pictures of my grandkids it might help lol.

I used a kit called "Boho Beautiful” by Ooh La La Scraps.

Every one’s pages are so awesome.  The creativity is just amazing!

Happy Birthday Carole!!  And thanks for the wonderful sale.

The picture edges were used under Image-Picture Frame-Edge Brush. It was a component of PSP.  On my 2nd Day I used a mask from Arasimages. Today is 22 April and they should fledge within the next 3 to 4 days. Last year after 30 days they built a nest and had a 2nd brood in the same house.

Hello All, When I see all those great looking layouts, I am a little reluctant to post mine, but I spent too much time on it to not post it. I will admit that I did not catch on how you did the background papers, so I just did it the usual way. I will go back and figure it out on a later date.

Hope you are having great day, Carole, Happy Birthday again.

Here's my Day 4 assignment. I used the cass-scatter photos script and then went from there. No room for embellishments. This place is just 6 miles down the road from Warwick Drive-In. It used to be called Action Park and was considered the most dangerous amusement park ever created. We locals called it Death Valley. They've cleaned up their act now; I assume.

Here is my day 3 and the color of today is pink. I did alter the slats because in this way they went better with my photos but I have kept the balance. I also put a quote on it because I plan to do that on every day to keep a kind of continuity. Probably I will do as Carole suggested an make a printed book with a number of projects I made in this last year and this will certainly in it.

Whether it is pictures of birds, flowers, swans, cats, lizards, desert, knitting, amusement park your pages are beautiful and it is a pleasure to look at them. Nice job everyone!

Thank you Carole for your nice comment. Very true for printing. Happy birthday Carole, I have one of my sons who was born on the same day

Mon jour 2

Annie, your Chooks layout is interesting BUT, if you ever decide to use it in an album, the title will be caught in the binding. How about placing it sideways, on the faded photo? Of course, if you never print it OR if you print it as a 24x12 poster, it becomes a non-issue. Yes, for the text, you kind of used to "opposing" approaches: choose one or the other, and you'll be fine :)

Linda, do what you can. Is there anything we can help you with?

Cindy, if you cannot download the template for Day 1, the other days don't require a download. Maybe skip Day 1?

Sue, that is making me smile to see the photos with the ears perking up. For some people, it would be a detail they would want to remove, but it gives so much character to the photos! I love it!

Barbara, thank you for the wishes, and I hope you have fun with your purchases. It is clever to have a story from that series of photos. Very cute. Those vertical slats on your Anole page are very interesting. I also get some inspiration and ideas from looking at all the projects posted! Maybe a script in the future? To answer your question about saving the scripts, the default folder to put scripts would be the Restricted scripts one. Some specific commands do require the file to be in the Trusted script folder, and maybe Corel only provides "simple" scripts that don't require that other folder location. I don't know if I would like to have a hog as a pet, but this person doesn't seem to mind!

Gerry, great editing!!! It made me smile. And thank you for the wishes.

Laurie, your off-center text on the "In the winter" page will be perfect if you choose to print an album with all those masterpieces! Beautiful photos for your desert page! What did you use for that bottom border? It is very intriguing.

Sandra, beware that you MIGHT have someone cut in half if you ever print your page in an album!! If these are out of your comfort zone, you might need even more practice!? Sometimes, having a lot of photos, you can simply scatter them and layer them to showcase the best ones, while not discarding the others.

Raymond, are those photos all taken in the same year? I would suggest that you reduce the offset of the shadows on the title as it makes it a little hard to read.

Henry, everyone has a different take on these challenges. You are the only one to showcase craft, and furthermore, it is a meaningful craft (not from a craft store), so don't be shy. We love to see what you do AND what your wife does too!

Ann, you should send them a copy of that page; they might use that as an advertisement as it looks so great!

Corrie, just a reminder, as I have mentioned to others that *IF* you ever want to print this in an album, you will have to move the title and the other elements from the middle. But if you print it as a 24 inches poster, it would be great!

Jean, so many smiles. How could anyone look at that without smiling too?

Jnet, you arranged the page perfect for if you want to print in an album (although it is just an option).

Beautiful work everyone, very impressive. I love these challenges ... so much to learn and inspiration flowing out from all. Thanks Carole for your comments they are very helpful. As I have said before we are never too old to learn. :D

This is my Day 4. I have loads of photos of flamingos so decided I would showcase them with this challenge. Thanks for takin a peek my friends. :D