March RANDOM Challenge - Number

Cassel

Random-Challenge.jpg

How about a challenge that is just different?

Once in a while, I will present you with a challenge to do something that might not be repeated in other months. Just an idea that popped like that (and you can also send me suggestions for occasional random challenges too).

This week, let's see how you can use a number as the base for your layout. Make sure the number is the BIG focus on your page. You can fill it with photos or stories or elements. Your choice.

So, what will you create?

OK, now I'm ready with my NUMBERS CHALLENGE. The topic is Ray Bradbury's Sci/Fi novel, Farenheit 451: The Temperature at Which Books Burn, a dystopian tale of Big Brother which also became a movie. The digits are from cass-Painted Wood. The background paper is from Marisa Lerin's Tangible Hope.  The bookshelf is from cass. Everything else is tubes.

Hello Campus Friends.  Lovely work Ann and Anne.  Ann you sure went for a hot number! Anne a delightful page and you have gone the distance my friend.  ;)

I decided to go with number one.  Tattoo is something I had designed many years ago for another group that I was learning from.  I was born in 1952 on the 10th June.  This gave me the inspiration for the tattoo ...  year of the dragon, gemini and my favourite flowers, poppies ...  so, the dragon is for the year of the dragon, the masks represent the sign of gemini and the flowers ... well that speaks for itself.  For the page layout I tossed in the moon ... as there is only one, and the number one.  The rest were elements I have had for a long time.  The title was done using the font 'Typewriter - A602'.  The feather and buds are by Miggins and used only for decorative purposes.  The scroll is also by Miggins.  Background paper was created using a solid colour, overlaid with a pattern I had created many years ago plus a paint splash tube and a texture.  Thanks for takin a peek my friends.  ;)

I like this challenge! Last year, on my daily walks I have taken a lot of photos of the flowering plants in frontgardens that I passed by. I'm still on my daily walks because we are still in lockdown and I don't like to take more or less the same photos again! So I decided to do a series of photos on plants commonly described as weeds and/or plants growing in grass- and woodlands but not the cultivated ones from the gardencentre.

Here is my number ONE. I used the sprayed alpha (with digits)  from Carole and filled it with the flowers in question. The background is made from that photo using the kaleidoskop with a reduced opacity. I also made a picture tube from one of the flowers. The datestamp is a script and the titlefont is Kleymissky with extra glyphs. The border is made with digit 1 on a path.

I guess I'm relaxing today. Anyway, I'm enjoying seeing everything everyone is working on and presenting. Corrie - love your #1 and how you presented it - love the colors - wild flowers are really so beautiful - even the small ones that manage to elude the lawnmower in our yard.

Annie - you always come up with something unusual. Meant to comment on your Victorian artwork you posted in another forum here - really lovely and "chic". Your Number 1 in this forum is really unique also.

Ann Seeber, I'm a fan of Ray Bradbury & 451 F and Martian Chronicles are thought provoking. Have you ever read or seen the movie of The Electric Grandmother? Done well by Maureen Stapleton.

Ann Lamp - 50 wonderful years - how great. Love the 2 pictures you have in this layout.

I'm going with Easter Sunday numbers. Company coming for this year and I am kind of excited about it. After the year plus we have all put in, company sounds great. Last year no one was here and it made me kind of sad - but I looked out the glass door and not three feet from the glass a big ole bunny sat for about three hours eating my grass. It cheered me up. If I didn't get people, I at least had the Easter Bunny! And no ... he did not leave any candy. :( But that's okay ... he was here.

Corrie and Minka ... love those pages mah gals! Corrie I love those delightful little fig buttercups and you have made them number one, no doubt about that. The colour scheme is striking. Minka, the bunny almost seems to be saying 'don't touch this' ;) It is a really sweet photo which you have displayed well and a super clever idea with the Easter dates my friend. ;)

• 3 weeks later...

I looked at this challenge and my first thought was this is to hard lol.  After looking at the amazing ideas and awesome scrap pages from every else I decided to try it.  I love the uniqueness of every ones ideas!

My grand daughter Summer looked so pretty in her Easter dress.   I used a kit call “All Hopped’ by Cutie Pie Scraps and the font is Redwood Swash.