February Theme Challenge - MAIL/LETTERS

Cassel

Theme-Mail-Letters.jpg

With all the restrictions in meeting people, shopping in crowded stores, etc. it might be the perfect time to use the postal service. Or maybe it is time to look into those multiple Christmas cards you receive every year and have collected, or maybe a love letter you received, years ago from your sweetheart, or maybe the letters written by your children to Santa. There are many angles to take with this theme.

What will you show off?

Let's go!

Okay ... I will be the guinea pig and go first. My vast apologies to anyone from NZ but I found these vintage posters on an old Dover Catalog Disk my brother purchased for me many years ago. In fact, it had tons of vintage posters from countries all over the globe. I wanted to use these ... so I did. I might redo this later. Learning from Carole ... she's always telling us to leave these things open to make changes later if you want. I am pretty sure I will want. :)

Hello Campus Friends.  Before the age of airplanes, cars, computers etcetera mail in Australia was delivered by Cobb & Co. with their stagecoaches.  The main photo is of the Tallebudgera post as it stands today.  It was built in 1878 and was a major stop over for the Cobb & Co. coaches during their lengthy journeys.  The black and white photo is an actual photo of one of the stagecoaches.  Thanks for takin a peek.  :D

Annie, nice work about the Australian mail! Barbara I got a couple of telegrams for my wedding 50 years ago this year! I did not dare to take them out of my wedding album because I probably would damage the album.

Last year around Halloween I got a letter from my granddaughter in the States; normally we use skype or a videocall. The family is there for one and a half year now and she learning to read and write in English. Before that they lived in Switserland and there it was German. I'm Dutch and she was insisting that she must write to me in Dutch! It's written down phonetic but I could figure it out! Green is her favourite color so my background is green! The rest of the colors I took from her artwork.

Well, prior to any postal service a lot of important messages were delivered by carrier pigeons aka courier and homing pigeons.  This layout is by Katie Pertiet and it sure is multi-layered!  I fiddled with it a bit to accommodate the theme and this is the result.  Thanks for takin a peek my friends.  :D

Thanks dear Corrie! Unfortunately it is not my pace that is amazing so much as it is the housework suffering through excessive playtime. Such a hard decision to make play or chores ... children deal with this all the time, guess I am just a big kid, lol! Looking forward to the Love Challenge and let me say I am sure you will love it! :D

• 3 weeks later...