BOOTCAMP January 2021

Cassel

Mary, any new raster layer will be called Raster1 and Raster2 and such by default. However, you can always change that by activating the layer, right-clicking, and choosing Rename. If you want to add a background, like a tablecloth, you are probably doing almost everything right. You need to add a new raster layer, which you can do though Layers > New Raster layer and then fill it the way you did. Then, since you want the tablecloth to go UNDER, you will slide it down in the Layers palette. When you picked the pink color, what did it fill with?

In order to save, you go to File > Save as... and yes, when you save in jpg, you will always get that "warning" that it will be flattened. But it looks like you did it!!!

because we have a 6 hour time difference here on Bonaire with the Netherlands, I made it a breakfast with an extra fried egg with bacon. What the problem with downloading the PDF files, this is only when downloading from the BLOG Greetings from Bonaire, Jacques

I am holding my breath that my Table and Sandwich upload properly.  Bam, and there it is.  :)   I removed completely all of the onions--YUK.  I moved the tomatoes to the little saucer plate as I am not a fan of those either.  But, I did however add lots of pickles.   Gotta have pickles.  I learned how to put the blue table cloth under it all from Mary's question above and Carole's response.  Thank you for the bonus lesson.  :)     Ann, I love your creative tables/sandwiches.  Good job!!!

<b> Hello Best Teacher ever!   Yes Ma am back again, because of coming back I feel I get better for sure.  Plus I don't sweat, fuss ect.  :)  </b>

Hi Ann and Everyone, I  use the grey back ground I can see it best.   I started to try don't know if I could but try to cut my sandwich but really I don't cut mine.  Ann yours are great!   I also loaded mine with lots of onions luv them.  I have a spinach drink and another yummy one.  I love tubes so put tube apple and stuff on there 

I meant to say I used golf ball tubes as marshmallows.  lol

Connie, looking forward to seeing that blooming star in a project. Did you grab the ingredients for your sandwich somewhere else?

Jennifer, if it is somewhere close with lots of memories, you MIGHT end up with more than one page on that lake!

Ann, that would be a neat trick. Not sure if my Windows 10 is set up differently but I don't seem to have that option. No biggie. I just copy and paste into Google Translate. Just a couple of additional clicks. We can really see the change in the sandwich exercise. I hope some of our newcomers will see how we all started as beginners, and with practice, things are added over time.

Mary, my setup for the Materials palette is using the Classic palette (which is similar to older versions). You can get it by going to File > Preferences > General Program Preference > Palettes and find the checkbox to check beside Use Classic Material Palette. And don't worry if something is unclear. Just ask. We are here to help everyone get more comfortable with PSP and if you have a question, someone else is probably going to have the same one (but be too shy to ask) and wait for the same answer you are waiting for.

Jacques, the pattern of your plate is quite interesting, and that breakfast would be too much for me. Want to share?

Clarine, make sure your coffee does not spill now that it is on the tablecloth! And yes, reading the comments for one project can always help for someone else's project. And if you look at other threads in the forum, most posters are explaining how they did their page or project. That is inspiring, and always a learning place.

Cindy, that is a big meal you have made! The idea of golf balls is very creative. I would not have guessed if you had not said so. Maybe you will have to share that meal as it is quite big!

Connie: Very nice sandwich! The ingredients all look very realistic, even the bread!

Jacques: Breakfast in Bonaire sounds like a dream! ;-) My only complaint with your egg dish is I would not want pickles on top! lol

Clarine: Nice job! I see  you finally found your workspace. ;-)

Cindy: Are you following me? ;-) Good to see you here. I burst out laughing to see that every ingredient in the sandwich has a drop shadow. :-D And using ping-pong balls as marshmallows in your hot chocolate is brilliant! Your tablecloth really looks like cloth with embroidery. Very nice! Is that a paper? And you added a napkin! I forgot.. maybe next time. ;-)

Lynne: Another realistic sandwich with real ingredients! Are you working with Connie? ;-) The napkin is beautiful with the scallops and the fold. It doesn't look like this is your first Bootcamp. Welcome to the Repeaters Club; I know Cindy has done this before and maybe Connie??

A little late in posting this.  Spent most of yesterday fixing an HP/Adobe Flash issue.  All better now, on with the Bootcamp.  I almost forgot the table cloth, but saw some of the previous entries and went back and grabbed a background from one of my Freebies from Pixel Scrapper.  I changed the sandwich to Roast Beef (you can see just a sliver at the bottom) and removed the onions and tomatoes, added some Mayo (that's it on the left side), kept the lettuce and pickles. (I'm with Clarine, you gotta have pickles).  Now on to Day 3.

"Good job Clarine!!"  I don't have kits, or any fun fancy stuff to use so I took one of the snow scene photos from my adventures out the other day and opaqued it down to use as my background.  Then I went to another photo to find the blue strip.  (It is the sky.)     I found a frost covered tree from yet another photo and used the selection tool to get just the tree and finally one other photo was used to select a little tree branch to use as a "bobble" to finish off my scrapbook page.   Generic?? totally!!!  But, that's what I had to choose from on my computer.     I had trouble getting the photo of the house bigger.  Even when I changed the resize numbers it did not change.  I should have started completely over maybe, but I just kept moving along, step by step.

Just catching up from yesterday so kept this one simple.  The picture is of a Loon at our cottage, right in close to the dock.  I found a picture of a sailboat and used that to make the whole thing look nautical.  I added the drop shadow to the text and the boats to give them some depth.  Looking forward to seeing what others come up with.

Jennifer, it is interesting that you added shadows. If you happen to have a post that does not display, drop me a message. Sometimes, it gets caught in the spam filter (which MIGHT be because of the link, but not always) and I can just go and approve it. You really look comfortable with shadows; in your layout, they are all consistent!

Leslie, don't worry about "being late"; we will just enjoy your work at a different time. Isn't it great that you can go back to your project and tweak it later? that is the beauty of saving in layers. Did you forgot to add the shadow on the photo?

Clarine, typically, we will be creating square projects, although some people prefer a different format so they can print at home (very few printers can print 12x12). If you want to gather some free supplies, you can follow the links in the tutorial pages. There are also other links in the Resources section of the forum. But while you don't have supplies, you very creatively used what you had and the result is good. What size did you start with? and what happened when you changed the size number? Was it when you were using the Resize command?

Elaine, can you explain what you mean when you said you had a hard time resizing?

Jacques, such a cute dog!!! did you happen to forget the shadow on the vertical piece of paper and the photos?

Hi Bootcampers.  I am late with this one ... for some reason the emails are going to my junk folder!  This is my lunch ... toasted bread, ham, cheese slices, lettuce, tomato, red onions, and pickles.  A cup of coffee to enjoy throughout.  Thanks for takin a peek.  ;D

Day 3.  The photo is from Unsplash and was taken by Will Turner.  It is of a beautiful first light on Mt. Sefton in New Zealand.  I loved the colours so I had to do something with it.  I used the mini kit from Pixel Scrappers as the colours toned in very well with the photo.  Thanks for takin a peek.  :)

Hi All,

I had the most fun doing this, I had some problems with text but got it done.  I used the Free PixelScrappers  simple kit, Thank you PixelScrappers!

Love those toasted bread sandwiches makes me want some toast, but already brushed and flossed.  lol

On my picture I used the Cass curved photo script available in the Campus store Creation Cassel

Cassel,

Thank you, I learned shadows from you.  I bought the basic scrapbooking class from you a few months ago...I think I have one more to go.  I have been Scrapbooking digitally for a while, but have learned all kinds of new stuff I didn't even know I could do.  I am totally self taught on PSP so love finding out new things I can do.

Inspired by Jacques, I made my layout for the new dog in our family, my daughter's Great Dane Lola II. Laurey's previous dog, a Caucasian Shepherd/Rottweiler mix was also named Lola but this new dog is already 6 years old and had been called Lola in her previous home. She is warming up nicely to her new family and loves her stuffed Lamb Chop toy from Romper Room fame. (It squeaks!) Lola is tall enough to place her jaw on the table or kitchen counter! In the photo, Lola has a dog toy that is an ear of corn complete with corn-silk which you can see dangling from her jaw.

I had to hunt down dog related elements to decorate the page and everything SAID it was a transparent .png but wasn't so I've been busy with my background eraser on the paw print, the bone and Lambchop. The large text doesn't have a shadow, it is just doubled up in the dark red and tilted a bit to look like it has some depth. The photo of Lola has a frame supplied by PSP.

Had trouble finding Day 3 then computer problems, then trying to download a kit of paper.  It wanted me to download Dropbox to get the kit. Dropbox got into a loop and I never got it downloaded.  Had to quit as I was so frustrated. Back on Day 4 and the paper colors I want are not there. Then trouble with the Text like never before! I want to upload the screen print if I can. My text won't come out in black and there is something to thr far right of the Text toolbar that says smoke width color and that is the color it is using?  But the font color is set to black. Using Ariel Black size 208, Units is Pixel, When I click on the Font Color and get the dropped, it doesn't open the Colors like your video showed. Also if I close the Text tool and want to come back to add more text, it gives me the text in a rectangle with handles like the pick tool.  I don't understand.  It is a vector - the text so do I somehow make it a Raster??  Also there weren't any embelshments in the paper files.